Jumo-213A for Dora - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 09-18-2013, 09:06 PM   #11
Hans-Joachim Marseille

Quote:
Originally Posted by hegykc View Post
Haha, the wolf pack was starving, about to turn on themselves. So they threw us a bone. Alright, we'll chew on that for a couple of days
(^.-)

Nice job Yo-yo ... I love looking at graphs. 2100 hp with supercharger & MW50 at take off ... So there won't be MW50?
Thermaltake Level 10, AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black, G.Skill Sniper F3-14900CL9D 4 x 4 GB, Samsung SSD 840 EVO 120 GB / 850 EVO 250 GB, 2x Club 3D Radeon HD6950 2GB XFire, VKB T-rudder Mk. II, VKB Fat Black Mamba Vintage (KG.12 grip), TrackIR v5

Last edited by Hans-Joachim Marseille; 09-18-2013 at 09:21 PM.
Hans-Joachim Marseille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:26 PM   #12
Yo-Yo
ED Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Joachim Marseille View Post
(^.-)

Nice job Yo-yo ... I love looking at graphs. 2100 hp with supercharger & MW50 at take off ... So there won't be MW50?
Yes, it's ready for MW-50 and 2100 hp.
Yo-Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:28 PM   #13
NineLine
Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yo-Yo View Post
Excellent... better to reach those B-17s
ED Facebook PageED YouTube PageWags YouTubeMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine #0440
**How to Report a Bug**
NineLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 09:31 PM   #14
Hans-Joachim Marseille

Quote:
Yay! (^.^)b

"By preoccupations with a saving in gasoline on version A, the compressor engaged automatically only between 2700 and 3000 meters of altitude;
an interlocking with the request was nevertheless possible by the pilot with lower altitudes".

So that jump in manifold pressure and horsepower between 2700-3000 mtr. altitude is the compressor automatically kicking in.
Is it possible to let it kick in earlier manually to get a more fluid hp graph? Otherwise, I'll be avoiding the 3000 meter dogfights (compressor engaging/disengaging).
Thermaltake Level 10, AMD Phenom II X6 1100T Black, G.Skill Sniper F3-14900CL9D 4 x 4 GB, Samsung SSD 840 EVO 120 GB / 850 EVO 250 GB, 2x Club 3D Radeon HD6950 2GB XFire, VKB T-rudder Mk. II, VKB Fat Black Mamba Vintage (KG.12 grip), TrackIR v5

Last edited by Hans-Joachim Marseille; 09-18-2013 at 09:44 PM.
Old 09-18-2013, 09:52 PM   #15
whatnot

Quote:
Originally Posted by hegykc View Post
Haha, the wolf pack was starving, about to turn on themselves.

So they threw us a bone.
My thoughts exactly!

Anyway, it did the trick and continue to be impressed about the level of depth that go into engine design alone!
whatnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 10:57 PM   #16
Yo-Yo
ED Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hans-Joachim Marseille View Post
Yay! (^.^)b

"By preoccupations with a saving in gasoline on version A, the compressor engaged automatically only between 2700 and 3000 meters of altitude;
an interlocking with the request was nevertheless possible by the pilot with lower altitudes".

So that jump in manifold pressure and horsepower between 2700-3000 mtr. altitude is the compressor automatically kicking in.
Is it possible to let it kick in earlier manually to get a more fluid hp graph? Otherwise, I'll be avoiding the 3000 meter dogfights (compressor engaging/disengaging).
MBG has the means to manually switch blower gear. But the effect is not so positive as you wait. THe "jump" in hp is not a jump. It's a power decreasing after 2.5 km that is critical altitude or full throttle altitude. Automatics lets power decrease a little then shift the gear to high. Though MP jumps, the power stays almost the same at 3 km, because blower begins to consume more power to itself.

Thus, shifting to HIGH is not wise at lower altitude because you will get less power. Coordinated control of rpm and MP (filling, to be accurate, or air mass flow) allows to have critical altitude near 2.5 km, so automatic switch gives the most even power curve.
Moreover, first version of MBG has means to vary shifting altitude regarding control lever position to make perfect fit, but later this feature was blocked and the shifting altitude remains constant.
Yo-Yo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:25 PM   #17
ATAG_Bliss

Thanks for this.. I love how detailed these models are / will be. And the wolf pack has subsided for now
ATAG_Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 11:46 PM   #18
Hans-Joachim Marseille

Quote:
MBG has the means to manually switch blower gear. But the effect is not so positive as you wait .... Moreover, first version of MBG has means to vary shifting altitude regarding control lever position to make perfect fit, but later this feature was blocked and the shifting altitude remains constant.
Thank you for the clear explanation Yo-Yo. It's quite a power loss (100 hp over 500 mtr. altitude) to let the compressor kick in so that the power graph will remain linear and not drop after 3000 mtr. altitude. Interested to see how this compares to the P-51D engine, although of course the flight model is a big contributor too (drag).
Old 09-18-2013, 11:52 PM   #19
SimFreak
Veteran

Nice post. Thanks for sharing this info.
SimFreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2013, 04:23 AM   #20
leafer
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by 159th_Viper View Post
No, definitely not. It's your intellect - you are simply too clever and me for one struggles to keep up with the technical aspects
Seriously, who wants to translate his post for us?
leafer is offline   Reply With Quote