GCI uplink

The other day I was using CA to direct AI against my squadmates and I noticed that DCS actually has almost everything from the interface side to simulate in an acceptable manner the uplink from the GCI to the Russian fighters.

Currently Mig and Su have realized half of the potential (system wise) and using radar is more laborious that it would been in typical Russian use as information we are feeding by hand now can be automatically set by the uplink from the GCI:

- where should the center of the radar's antenna look at to find the target. Which gives spatial orientation for the pilot before even being able to detect/lock target himself.

If we look at the screenshot:

attachment.php?attachmentid=184006&stc=1&d=1525682785

we can see that the way we order AI around, is pretty much how can GCI operator direct human pilot.

Everything is in there... setting the parameters of:

- speed

- altitude

- target (direct radar)

- ROE

If ED would use these developed interface to also enable sending info to the player and not just AI, we could pretty much end with a decent simulation of the Russian GCI doctrine and it would add quite a lot to simulation of Russian hardware.. and others which use similar system of datalink.

We see every day that in MP human operated GCI/AWACS are getting steadily more use, adding such feature would make tactical game even more interesting and it would also upbring the value of CA module.

.. at least IMHO :D

gci-link.jpg.0b4f636a67d54256676c3ca4c8e1bca8.jpg

First of all, very well put together post, from screenshots to your argumentation!

Secondly, if I look at the current development of assets/mechanics next to actual planes, you can see that while they're working on the Hornet, they're currently also developing de carrier mechanics (first tried on Su-33) and assets like the S-3 to accompany the Bug.

Keeping that in mind, my guess would be that a rework/addition of GCI would probably be included with a module that actively relies on it (MiG-23/25/29 or other PVO aircraft).

I'd really like to see the GCI one day, and it's probably more a question of WHEN than IF. ;)

T.16000m HOTAS + Pedals || TrackIR5 ||

Win10 64bit || 120+500GB SSD, 1TB HDD || i5 4440 @3.3GHz || 16GB RAM @ 1600MHz || GTX1070 G1 ||

FCIII, L39ZA, AJS-37, Normandy '44, Persian Gulf, Channel

F/A-18C, Bf-109 K-4, WW2 Asset Pack, CA, P-47, F-16