Radio works, not works??

mastersetter

Anyone had any issues with comms between wingman, flight etc? Im currently working through 'The Enemy Within' campaign, mission 5. First try I cruised to the targets etc, tried to contact wingman using normal UHF, no reply. Tried the other radios, nothing. 251 setting as usual. I can hear her scripted comments but nothing else, she just follows me around which led to me failing this mission miserably. I replayed the start again to test, tried the comms and it worked fine, the wingman replied right straight away. I don't think this is an issue with the campaign.

Anyone else with similar?

*ps* I watched recons video afterwards, and he uses 'flight' on the radio menu to talk and give orders to the wingman, whereas I use the wingman option. What's the difference here?

i5-7600K @ 4.8 | 32GB | 1080 | Rift S | TM MFD & WH HOTAS-10mm ext + TFRP

Anyone had any issues with comms between wingman, flight etc? Im currently working through 'The Enemy Within' campaign, mission 5. First try I cruised to the targets etc, tried to contact wingman using normal UHF, no reply. Tried the other radios, nothing. 251 setting as usual. I can hear her scripted comments but nothing else, she just follows me around which led to me failing this mission miserably. I replayed the start again to test, tried the comms and it worked fine, the wingman replied right straight away. I don't think this is an issue with the campaign.

Anyone else with similar?

*ps* I watched recons video afterwards, and he uses 'flight' on the radio menu to talk and give orders to the wingman, whereas I use the wingman option. What's the difference here?

IIRC in M5 there are moments where wingman is silenced not to overlap with the scripted comms when she calls the targets (the AI wingman tends to flood you with the spikes etc). I am in process of updating the campaign and IIRC I shortened the silence bit.

But I am pretty sure you're doing everything OK!

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

Yes BC, i don't see this as a problem with your campaign, just a little quirk from dcs probably. It did work fine the second try. From now on i need to remember & check that it's working before i fence in. They are pretty stupid but the ai do come in handy sometimes ;)

• 2 weeks later...

Colt 2 stands away from rescue - does not approach helo

I've done everything I can think of on this "No Man Left Behind" mission.

The Pontiac helo lands, but the Colt 2 person won't approach the helo.

I can see the flare and followed the communication, but never communicate directly with Colt 2.

What am I doing wrong?

I've done everything I can think of on this "No Man Left Behind" mission.

The Pontiac helo lands, but the Colt 2 person won't approach the helo.

I can see the flare and followed the communication, but never communicate directly with Colt 2.

What am I doing wrong?

Hey, it seems to be the bug - I am going through the whole campaign, updating it so that it is ready when the new Caucasus is out, squashing the bugs and upgrading lots of things. So my advise would be to wait some time and experience the campaign in the much nicer environment (can't say exactly how long though).

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

I have since moved on to hammerfall part 3, and again noticed some odd radio behaviour. Once the sa9 is taken out im chatting to the jtac, then he goes silent, nothing after. But I know I have to take out the bunkers so after that's complete he comes back, no further tasking etc. then I send in the troops to mop up the site. After 5 mins of orbiting, they finally reply, and proceed to the site, then I don't hear back from them at all, after circling for 25mins I gave up and rtb, luckily I still managed to do enough to complete it. It's like something is delaying the messages?

I'm going to press on with this in 1.5 BD, don't think I can wait until 2.5 is out ;)