Tacview, the ACMI for DCS World – Official Thread

Vyrtuoz

5 hours ago, DackSter94 said:

Hello, 

I might be blind, but I can't find info on how to use sustained/instantaneous turn rate tables. What do I need to do in flight/in tacview?

First activate the add-on by going to Add-Ons -> Enable Add-Ons -> Turn Rate Report

Then go to Add-Ons -> Turn Rate to select whether you want to see sustained, instantaneous or both.

Then load an ACMI file, make sure the object you're interested is selected from the drop-down in the top left, and a table of values should appear.

3 hours ago, BuzyBee said:

First activate the add-on by going to Add-Ons -> Enable Add-Ons -> Turn Rate Report

Then go to Add-Ons -> Turn Rate to select whether you want to see sustained, instantaneous or both.

Then load an ACMI file, make sure the object you're interested is selected from the drop-down in the top left, and a table of values should appear.

I'm just not quite sure what to do in flight itself...Do I need to fly level and pull? And repeat for all altitudes? What if I fail to maintain speed or altitude properly, will the data be wrong?

Edited by DackSter94

LOOK MA, NO HOOK

14 hours ago, DackSter94 said:

I'm just not quite sure what to do in flight itself...Do I need to fly level and pull? And repeat for all altitudes? What if I fail to maintain speed or altitude properly, will the data be wrong?

For the best results you should try to maintain speed and altitude during the turn, but the report is forgiving since it is in blocks of 3000 ft altitude and 0.05 mach. Even if you don't maintain speed an altitude you should get a good idea after a few flights.

On 3/19/2021 at 2:37 PM, Glow said:

How to turn off the pilot view vector? Is there any shortcut for this? Would be good to have it.

On 3/22/2021 at 12:19 PM, BuzyBee said:

We will add a new menu to the Display Selected Objects Direction button.

This is available in Tacview 1.8.6 beta 7: https://tacview.net/download/beta as an option in the Display Selected Objects Vectors menu (one of the buttons along the bottom of the playback control bar)

• Like 1

On 12/29/2020 at 5:15 PM, BuzyBee said:

In Tacview 1.8.5 the DCS Exporter is completely revamped so the options have changed. 

The new options are as follows - you may need to copy-paste this into your options.lua if you have a dedicated server. 

["Tacview"] = {
            ["tacviewAutoDiscardFlights"] = 10,
            ["tacviewBookmarkShortcut"] = 2,
            ["tacviewDebugMode"] = 0,
            ["tacviewFlightDataRecordingEnabled"] = true,
            ["tacviewModuleEnabled"] = true,
            ["tacviewMultiplayerFlightsAsClient"] = 1,
            ["tacviewMultiplayerFlightsAsHost"] = 2,
            ["tacviewRealTimeTelemetryEnabled"] = true,
            ["tacviewRealTimeTelemetryPassword"] = "",
            ["tacviewRealTimeTelemetryPort"] = "42674",
            ["tacviewRemoteControlEnabled"] = true,
            ["tacviewRemoteControlPassword"] = "",
            ["tacviewRemoteControlPort"] = "42675",
            ["tacviewSinglePlayerFlights"] = 2,
            ["tacviewTerrainExport"] = 0,

In order to implement a 10-minute delay, simply disable real-time telemetry:

["tacviewRealTimeTelemetryEnabled"] = false,

Or, if you want to implement a 10-minute delay but you want certain people to be able to connect to real-time telemetry using a password, enable real-time telemetry but with a password:

["tacviewRealTimeTelemetryPassword"] = "password",

If you want to allow no 10-minute delay for everyone, do this:

So do I understand correctly that the adjustable delay has been dropped? Either realtime data or 10 minutes delay? I actually wanted to realize something in between, specifically only 1-2 minutes delay. Wouldn't that work here?

3 hours ago, hanne said:

So do I understand correctly that the adjustable delay has been dropped? Either realtime data or 10 minutes delay? I actually wanted to realize something in between, specifically only 1-2 minutes delay. Wouldn't that work here?

Yes currently it's either 10 minute delay or no delay. This was done to simplify the UI. We are hoping in a future update to provide full ACMI files available 10 minutes after exiting the server (no 10 minutes missing from the end).

I have Tacview advanced as has my flying partner but we cannot get the online debriefing to work, we have both loaded the same acmi file, then launch the Online Debrief screen, put in one IP address as host and start and the other person puts in the same ip address and hits join, it tries but nothing is connected. Not sure what to do with Pilot and password at the top. Any help welcome.

Asus ROG IX | Intel i7-9700K | RTX 2080TI | G.SKILL 32GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM | Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M2 | LG 43” 4K Monitor | TrackiR | Stream Deck XL | Warthog HOTAS | Cougar MFDs x 3 | Saitek Rudder Pedals | Logitech G13| Corsair Virtuoso Wireless Headset |

2 hours ago, Oilman100 said:

I have Tacview advanced as has my flying partner but we cannot get the online debriefing to work, we have both loaded the same acmi file, then launch the Online Debrief screen, put in one IP address as host and start and the other person puts in the same ip address and hits join, it tries but nothing is connected. Not sure what to do with Pilot and password at the top. Any help welcome.

Watching...

On 3/30/2021 at 12:31 AM, norman99 said:

Curious if anyone can help me with the following error. It occurs semi frequently (roughly once every 3 files opened), as I'm scrolling the time forwards and backwards.

Screenshot 2021-03-30 11.30.22.png

Most of the time this is a crash in the Intel graphics driver. If you send the crash dump file (in the location mentioned in the error message) I can confirm.

Edited by BuzyBee
Clarified what file I need to see

On 3/29/2021 at 4:07 PM, Oilman100 said:

Hi,

Any IP address that the host enters as Host Address is ignored. The client needs to put the public IP address of the host. The host can find their public IP address to the left of the Host button and needs to let the client know to put that IP address.

4 hours ago, BuzyBee said:

Hi,

Any IP address that the host enters as Host Address is ignored. The client needs to put the public IP address of the host. The host can find their public IP address to the left of the Host button and needs to let the client know to put that IP address.

OK many thx, will try that

Asus ROG IX | Intel i7-9700K | RTX 2080TI | G.SKILL 32GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM | Samsung 970 EVO 2TB M2 | LG 43” 4K Monitor | TrackiR | Stream Deck XL | Warthog HOTAS | Cougar MFDs x 3 | Saitek Rudder Pedals | Logitech G13| Corsair Virtuoso Wireless Headset |

Hello, I got a new rig and put my Tacview on it but it's been awhile since I used it. I forgot how to enable the mouse right click and left click motion. I remember rt click would zoom in and LF click would move the map around .. I think or vice-versa. After downloading on new rig my mouse command don't do that. Any help? 

Thanks!

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

Tacview 1.8.6 is out!

Download: https://tacview.net/download

As the pace of development on Tacview 2.0 increases, Tacview 1.8 is switching more and more to maintenance mode.

However, Tacview 1.8 is still a great test bed for experimenting with simplified versions of new features. As such, this update still brings cool new tools along the usual quality of life improvement and bug fixes.

For example, whenever it is supported by your flight simulator and your aircraft, you can now display the flight controls position as well as the pilot sight. Together with the optional display of aircraft course, you have now all the tools to analyze the exact behavior of the pilot and pinpoint habits to improve stick and rudder skills.

As usual, the Lua SDK has been considerably extended. For example, it is now possible to create real dialog boxes to directly interact with the user. If you are interested into creating Lua addons, feel free to share your work or ask for help on our discord channel!

BuzyBee and I would like to thank again everyone for your support and feedback!

I will now return to the Batcave to resume my work on Tacview 2 🙂
Vyrtuoz

tacview-186-controls-position-a.png

FEATURES & CHANGES

• ADDED support for IGC files (International Gliding Commission)
  • ADDED support for TGA files (16, 24 and 32 bit)
  • ADDED support for pilot’s head movements for DCS World local player
  • ADDED options to display aircraft heading, course, lift and pilot line of sight (when available)
  • ADDED display of selected aircraft course
  • ADDED Controls position can now be displayed in the 3D view when data available
  • ADDED DCS World F-5E, F-16C, F/A-18C, L-39, M2000C controls positions
  • ADDED Mach number is now recorded from Flight Simulator / P3D
  • ADDED CAS to X-Plane (local aircraft)
  • ADDED Angle of Slip to telemetry export, charts and SDK
  • ADDED support for dialog boxes in the Lua SDK
  • ADDED Copy/paste coordinates from Google Maps via CTRL+SHIFT+LEFT_CLICK / CTRL+V
  • ADDED a new upgrade webpage for Tacview enterprise users
  • ADDED Hercules 3D parachute objects (donation from Asta)

• IMPROVED CSV files support
  • IMRPOVED EAG files support
  • IMPROVED CAS to be calculated based on Mach speed when possible
  • IMPROVED DCS World Mirage 2000C advanced telemetry
  • IMPROVED Turn rate addon calculations and support for different units
  • IMPROVED support of lineSTPT in BMS DTC files
  • IMPROVED static buildings support
  • IMPROVED Flight Simulator and X-Plane exporters are now resilient to these simulators crashes
  • IMPROVED area covered by DCS: Persian Gulf Map
  • IMPROVED the last ten logs are now saved in %temp%\Tacview\
  • IMPROVED Lua API now uses 256 KiB text buffers instead of 4 KiB for text samples

FIXES

• FIXED some textures tiles displayed at the wrong position on Earth
  • FIXED potential crashes when running out of memory when loading textures in 32-bit
  • FIXED DCS World export script was not installed if SRS one was installed before
  • FIXED DCS World export script would not install on a fresh DCS World
  • FIXED DCS World exporter default settings were not properly installed
  • FIXED rare crash when launched with exotic user locale / language
  • FIXED control list was displayed when launched for the first time from CMO
  • FIXED display of Landed *close to* Sochi Adler event instead of Landed *at* Sochi Adler
  • FIXED several bugs in the Lua API

tacview-186-controls-position-b.png

Edited by Vyrtuoz
  • Like 1
tacview-signature-512x128x24.png

Can someone create and post a video detailing the steps to use TacView and export the log files so that a virtual squadron can keep track of flight hours, kills, deaths, etc.??  I am involved with a new virtual squadron based on U.S. Army helo operations and this would be extremely helpful.  Many thanks in advance for your time and attention.

I have downloaded PHPTacview from the Tacview website, and I am clueless where to start...

Edited by SparkyTX76

On 4/1/2021 at 4:25 PM, Burt said:

Hello, I got a new rig and put my Tacview on it but it's been awhile since I used it. I forgot how to enable the mouse right click and left click motion. I remember rt click would zoom in and LF click would move the map around .. I think or vice-versa. After downloading on new rig my mouse command don't do that. Any help? 

Thanks!

Hi,

Use the mouse wheel to scroll in and out. Right click is for adding objects. Left click should be moving the map. Play around with External View (F6), Satellite View (F7),and Free Camera (F8) options to find the one you like. Make sure the 3D view is in focus before using any keyboard commands - click in the 3D view to give it focus.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BuzyBee said:

Hi,

Use the mouse wheel to scroll in and out. Right click is for adding objects. Left click should be moving the map. Play around with External View (F6), Satellite View (F7),and Free Camera (F8) options to find the one you like. Make sure the 3D view is in focus before using any keyboard commands - click in the 3D view to give it focus.

Gotcha ! I got it going thanks to your help. 

• Like 1

ALIENWARE R11 - I9 10900KF @ 5.1 GHz - M.2 NVMe 2TB - RTX3090  - XFURY 64GB -3400 MHz RAM

Monitor AW3420DW @ 120Hz - Virpil CM3 Throttle - TM TPR Rudder pedals - Virpil CM2 w/TM Hornet Stick Center - Monstertech Deck Mounts 

RealSimulator FSSB-R3 Lightning Base w/ F16SRGRH SideStick - VR user / Varjo Aero - Big Thx to mbucchia

Start Date April 2020 

On 4/2/2021 at 8:41 PM, SparkyTX76 said:

Can someone create and post a video detailing the steps to use TacView and export the log files so that a virtual squadron can keep track of flight hours, kills, deaths, etc.??  I am involved with a new virtual squadron based on U.S. Army helo operations and this would be extremely helpful.  Many thanks in advance for your time and attention.

I have downloaded PHPTacview from the Tacview website, and I am clueless where to start...

Hi,

You can export flight logs as CSV or XML by going to File -> Export Flight Log. I attached a couple of screenshots to show how to do this. Once you have your CSV or XML file you can use it to generate your own scorecards in whatever manner you prefer.

To use PHPTacview you need to host a website which supports PHP. I just tried it out with the latest version of the flight logs and it doesn't seem to be working. I will try to fix it.

Export Flight Log.png

XML or CSV.png

Hello @Vyrtuoz,

I'm searching for the delay option (anti-cheat) in my DCS 2.5.6 client with Tacview 1.8.6 installed.

There is no option for this in the Special / Tacview page ; did I miss something ?

My goal is to set this option manually on our servers ; is this the correct syntax ?

["Tacview"] = {
	["tacviewBookmarkShortcut"] = 0,
	["tacviewFlightDataRecordingEnabled"] = false,
	["tacviewMultiplayerFlightsAsClient"] = 0,
	["tacviewMultiplayerFlightsAsHost"] = 0,
	["tacviewPlaybackDelay"] = 0,
	["tacviewRealTimeTelemetryEnabled"] = false,
	["tacviewRemoteControlEnabled"] = false,
	["tacviewSinglePlayerFlights"] = 0,
},

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

5 hours ago, davidp57 said:

Hello @Vyrtuoz,

I'm searching for the delay option (anti-cheat) in my DCS 2.5.6 client with Tacview 1.8.6 installed.

There is no option for this in the Special / Tacview page ; did I miss something ?

My goal is to set this option manually on our servers ; is this the correct syntax ?

Hi, with the 1.8.5 and above, the options have been completely overhauled, this is the correct syntax now:

["Tacview"] = {
            ["tacviewBookmarkShortcut"] = 0,
            ["tacviewFlightDataRecordingEnabled"] = true,
            ["tacviewMultiplayerFlightsAsClient"] = 2,
            ["tacviewMultiplayerFlightsAsHost"] = 2,
            ["tacviewRemoteControlEnabled"] = false,
            ["tacviewSinglePlayerFlights"] = 2,
        },

See the wiki page for explanations of how to set each option for a dedicated server: https://tacview.fandom.com/wiki/User_Guide_–_DCS_World#Configuration

And how to set the delay option on a dedicated server: https://tacview.fandom.com/wiki/User_Guide_–_DCS_World#Real-Time_Telemetry_.26_the_10-minute_.22anti-cheat.22_delay

• Thanks 1

Thanks @BuzyBee!

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

I read this in the articles you shared :

To enforce a 10-minute delay for everyone and to not allow real-time telemetry for anyone, simply disable real-time telemetry. Because this option does not completely prevent clients from analyzing their flight, it is a much more elegant way to prevent cheating than completely disabling data export using DCS World options.

To allow real-time telemetry for whoever has a password while still enforcing a 10-minute anti-cheat delay for everyone, enable real-time telemetry and add a password.

To have no 10-minute delay on your server and to allow anyone to connect through real-time telemetry, simply enable real-time telemetry and leave the password blank.

If I understand correctly, it's impossible to disable real-time telemetry and still let players record their own ACMIs with no delay whatsoever ?

We're not concerned about cheating, only about server performance in our heavy missions. 

Tacview consumes a lot of resources when recording the players flights on the server. We simply want to deactivate it, but still not have the 10 minutes delay.

Edited by davidp57