Upcoming Black Shark 2 Patch Change Log

Wags

+1 for an updated external and internal model

The problem with this idea is where does it stop. If every dev team is expected to continually update their modules to the 'current standard' then we should expect to never get any new modules because the artists/graphics folks will not have enough free time to work on them. Of course, at some point each of the various dev teams will cease to exist because they can no longer be financially viable due to the workload of updating their older products without any revenue.

It is a nice idea but woefully impractical.

Edited by cichlidfan
  • Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The problem with this idea is ...
True but I think the Ka-50 cockpit is below the standard of all other cockpits. The A-10C for instance is almost as old as the Ka-50 but it has a decent cockpit imo. The external model of the Ka-50 still looks pretty good.

... they can no longer be financially viable due to the workload of updating their older products without any revenue.

It is a nice idea but woefully impractical.

I agree, we cant really expect that any given module will be upgraded forever, with just a single purchase at the beginning.

I'm already happy that ED has improved (for free) a lot of modules: Su-27, F-15, A-10A and most recently the Su-33 ... and the updated Caucasus Map will also be free .. isnt that enough freebies?

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I agree, we cant really expect that any given module will be upgraded forever, with just a single purchase at the beginning
I think someone from ED mentioned upgrading the cockpit a while back but of course something like that can easily take a back-burner with everything else they're doing.

I think in DCS, the KA-50 is still a great seller.... I think she sells often and in good numbers month to month, year to year.

She is the only true premier league attack chopper in DCS and unless a new replacement is on the horizon, then she must be kept current as customer purchases are high and the expectation of quality must be maintained.

I believe her sales warrant continuous updates through out her life span!

Of course this comment is valid until a new top notch, premier league Attack Chopper is released from ED or the 3rd party boys....... and believe me..... the Hind ain't no premier league attack chopper!

The Hind is much wanted but she is not premier league.

I often believe that an argument may be formulated in DCS from the fly forward only... zip along jet or prop boys that every thing is fine and we cannot expect this or that. These chaps always receive something new and with all the bells and whistles every 6 months or so..... so I get this argument.

The last premier league Attack chopper in DCS was released in 2008 and this was the KA-50, some 9 years ago. I would bet we got us a decade in the computer game industry until we see a replacement.

So, if the KA-50 was superseded by multiple releases of Attack choppers that us chopper boys can say; "yeah, remember that clunky old KA-50 with its ping pong ball head pilot and drawn on flat surfaces detail!" then yes! This argument is valid and applies.

The KA-50 pit needs updating (Devrims blue/green pit is very nice and just what is needed for a tight closed in armoured pit) and the pilot desperately needs updating.

And yes we expect it.

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

I think in DCS, the KA-50 is still a great seller.... I think she sells often and in good numbers month to month, year to year.

she must be kept current as customer purchases are high and the expectation of quality must be maintained.

I believe her sales warrant continuous updates through out her life span!

I do hope that the Shark is really such a great seller ... tough I couldnt say for sure, since I dont have real sales data on ED's products.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Actually KA-50, A-10C and FC3 to my observation are still the most used modules in DCS after them may be m2k huey, f5 and mi-8 to some degree. The rest is only for numbers and doesn't add much to the gameplay. c101 l39 are barely used, mig-15 and sabre as well. WW2 nowadays gain some popularity due to normandy I guess. You can easily observe that when you see what is popular in the multiplayer servers and available SP missions and campaigns.

Moneywise I am sure that if instead of creating l39 and c101(valid for any other 2 jets) they had released ka50 major upgrade and a10 major upgrade for full price, every active user would of buy them and considering the amount of work would be less, the profit would be much more.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Agreed, I believe the KA50 does need a little love. It's not like it's creating a new module. Just adding some bits and polishing up what's already there.

INTEL i9 9900k @ 5Ghz, Asus Z390 strix ROG, 32gb 3200mhz Ram, Nvidia GTX 1080Ti, Corsair RM850i, Corsair H110i,, HP REVERB, Win 10 64bit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Agreed, I believe the KA50 does need a little love. It's not like it's creating a new module. Just adding some bits and polishing up what's already there.

Agree, ED can't just wave goodbye to paid modules. They must at least fix bugs that is revealed in a reasonable time.

And I too agree with you all. :D

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

By the way; ED has been adding specular textures into every module one by one to prepare them for DCS 2, and I'm sure they will create specular textures for A-10C and Ka-50, too.

A-10C textures are OK, but I hope/expect/anticipate (choose anyone) that ED will tidy up Ka-50's textures before creating specular text.

I believe in you, ED! :D

• Like 1

Intel i7-14700@5.6GHz | MSI RTX4080 Super SuprimX | Corsair V. 32GB@6400MHz. | Samsung 1TB 990 PRO SSD (Win10Homex64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Agree, ED can't just wave goodbye to paid modules. They must at least fix bugs that is revealed in a reasonable time.

What do you think the chances of that argument flying with E.A.Sprorts are, if I get in touch and say my 'Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit' from 2011 has ugly textures & I'd like them fixed... For Free...

Cheers.

I'm sure there is a market for a Black Shark 3 after DCS World 2 is released. New Textures, new sounds and maybe a new version of the Shark...one may dream, right? :D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Looking forward to it, Belsimtek!:thumbup:

I would rather see the Alligator rather than a Black Shark3.. Just sayin'
I'd second that.

I'd also buy both

-Shadow

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

• 2 weeks later...
Lol Fudabidu! Ah OK. You're new in town.

Don't expect any more development on this module. Ever. Having bugs corrected is already a major event for Ka50 pilots. Like once in a year event, at best. This module was released in 2009 and ED have no resource at all assigned to it anymore.

:mad:I've never seen a floodlight in BS since I bought it in 2008. And brightness adjustment knobs for instrument lights never worked properly. The only one that works is for the back panel. Cockpit textures look bad and need to be brought up to standard. Why not just ask for donations to polish the older modules if there isn't much sales of KA-50 which I doubt. It really is disappointing to see that FC planes get all kind of updates but KA-50 is forgotten and way behind.

Edited by RUS38

haven't flown one since the old Enemy Engaged: Comanche v Hokum B

Good old times :thumbup:

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

:mad:I've never seen a floodlight in BS since I bought it in 2008. And brightness adjustment knobs for instrument lights never worked properly. The only one that works is for the back panel. Cockpit textures look bad and need to be brought up to standard. Why not just ask for donations to polish the older modules if there isn't much sales of KA-50 which I doubt. It really is disappointing to see that FC planes get all kind of updates but KA-50 is forgotten and way behind.

+1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

What do you think the chances of that argument flying with E.A.Sprorts are, if I get in touch and say my 'Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit' from 2011 has ugly textures & I'd like them fixed... For Free...

The E.A. Sports model is totally different from the DCS Engine.

DCS world is always updated and is always moving forward.

It is the environment itself that we play and is the critical pull factor for current and future customers.

The excruciating level of detail per module is also a totally critical pull factor that brings us here.

Once top end attack chopper releases become a norm in DCS, then I guarantee that the requirement for KA-50 updates will subside.

Believe me, this is so... if we have 1 top league attack chopper..... you will need to upgrade it!

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

The E.A. Sports model is totally different from the DCS Engine.

DCS world is always updated and is always moving forward.

It is the environment itself that we play and is the critical pull factor for current and future customers.

The excruciating level of detail per module is also a totally critical pull factor that brings us here.

Once top end attack chopper releases become a norm in DCS, then I guarantee that the requirement for KA-50 updates will subside.

Believe me, this is so... if we have 1 top league attack chopper..... you will need to upgrade it!

:doh:Just because we have Mirage and upcoming F-18 doesn't mean I don't and won't be enjoying mig-21

• 1 year later...