F-16 Release

MikePotten

no early access buy for me... as long as the F-18 is in an unfinished state.

I don't wanna have spent hundreds of bucks on unfinished products that take years to complete

What modules cost hundreds of bucks? I've had numerous hobbie that were FAR more expensive than this one.

Yes the F-18 is in early access...but people have been enjoying the available features for almost 2 years...

ED COULD have just waited until it was "finished"...and nobody would have had anything...for the last two years. Personally I like the way the F-18 has been released. Basics and then 1-2 systems at a time. It has been far less overwhelming to learn the aircraft in steps than all at once.

I'd hope they release the Viper the same way. Of course we could all wait until they are both "finished" to buy anything...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

What modules cost hundreds of bucks? I've had numerous hobbie that were FAR more expensive than this one.

Yes the F-18 is in early access...but people have been enjoying the available features for almost 2 years...

ED COULD have just waited until it was "finished"...and nobody would have had anything...for the last two years. Personally I like the way the F-18 has been released. Basics and then 1-2 systems at a time. It has been far less overwhelming to learn the aircraft in steps than all at once.

I'd hope they release the Viper the same way. Of course we could all wait until they are both "finished" to buy anything...

The Hornet has only been out 11 months and 3 weeks, not 2 years.

Although the long and protracted process feels like a lifetime, I grant you that.

Edited by AvroLanc

I see this notion bandied about on the forums, and frankly I'm in the same camp as you are, for me DCS isn't all that expensive as a hobby. But not everyone is in that boat and I think its wise to remember that we very well may be the minority. And no modules aren't 100 bucks, rather ~70 or so, but for anyone that owns 3-4 of them that could be a real investment for them. Remember most AAA title games only cost 70 bucks for the whole game, not a DLC/module. So while, plunking down 70 bucks for you and me may not be a big deal, I think its pretty arrogant to discount the opinion of folks for which thats not necessarily the case. I remember being young and not well off and having to make real choices on how to best spend 70 bucks.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

I see this notion bandied about on the forums, and frankly I'm in the same camp as you are, for me DCS isn't all that expensive as a hobby. But not everyone is in that boat and I think its wise to remember that we very well may be the minority. And no modules aren't 100 bucks, rather ~70 or so, but for anyone that owns 3-4 of them that could be a real investment for them. Remember most AAA title games only cost 70 bucks for the whole game, not a DLC/module. So while, plunking down 70 bucks for you and me may not be a big deal, I think its pretty arrogant to discount the opinion of folks for which thats not necessarily the case. I remember being young and not well off and having to make real choices on how to best spend 70 bucks.

Its relatively OK. If you look at the bigger picture, that in order to play DCS you need a high-end gaming PC, decent HOTAS, a headtracking device, plus a few modules its OK for a hobby that can offer thousands of hours of unlimited gameplay PLUS it continually adds more content and improvements.

My brother in law has one of the most expensive hobbies - hunting. A decent hunting rifle can cost up to 12,000+ euros, plus licences, maintenance equipment, ammo, hunting dog, etc, etc... Now that is an expensive hobby!

Intel i7 12700k / Corsair H150i Elite Capellix / Asus TUF Z690 Wifi D4 / Corsair Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz / Corsair HW1000W / 1x Samsung SSD 970 Evo Plus 500Gb + 1 Corsair MP600 1TB / ASUS ROG Strix RTX 3080 OC V2 / Fractal Design Meshify 2 / HOTAS Warthog / TFRP Rudder / TrackIR 5 / Dell U2515h 25" Monitor 1440p

no early access buy for me...

Damn. Couldn't resist. Preordered on first day. :D

Makes me wanna skip summer now...

"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"

— LCDR Thomas Quinn, USN.

Damn. Couldn't resist. Preordered on first day. :D

Makes me wanna skip summer now...

Same here. Pre-ordered.

I prefer the spring preorders more than winter's at least I can get myself busy thinking about other things than what I pre-ordered when I'm sipping a cocktail in club on the sea side

Gesendet von meinem SM-G975F mit Tapatalk

To be honest cost wise, a module is less that I pay for 3 days worth of groceries, or half of a good night in town, So I will not be nagging about pricing, and I play about 99% of my flying offline, having good fun. Not meant to be nagging at otherts at all, but the way people look at it are different, and it should be a sustainable business for ED as well.

http://www.ipms.dk

i7 9700K, Asus Z390 Prime A, Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 4, GeForce RTX 2080 Ti STRIX ROG, Fractal Design Define R6, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswind, Oculus Rift S. 32 GB 3200 MHz RAM

You can hunt a cow with a F-16C in DCS after it released.:D

Ah, yes. Sounds legit. :D

"Landing on the ship during the daytime is like sex, it's either good or it's great. Landing on the ship at night is like a trip to the dentist, you may get away with no pain, but you just don't feel comfortable"

— LCDR Thomas Quinn, USN.

Could you guys take this to PM or the off topic forums.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP