Mission Generator Guide

We've published a short guide to the DCS Mission Generator for those who may want to explore the in-depth settings available in creating combat templates and formation nodes for randomized mission creation.

You can find the file here:

http://lockon.co.uk/en/files/144312/

Please feel free to add your thoughts and suggestions on further improving the MG and integrating it with the Mission Editor.

Edited by EvilBivol-1
  • Like 1

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

• 11 months later...

This is great stuff, EB, and a real eye-opener.

This could be a good insight into creating a dynamic campaign (though only Falcon 4.0 and EF2000/TAW have truly dynamic campaigns). The majority of "dynamic campaigns" are actually dynamically generated missions with input arguments from the success, failure, and attrition from the previous mission (e.g. Strike Fighters series, IL-2).

This may be simplistic and require some tweaking, but the idea is that a dynamic campaign could consist of a series of templates based on the success/failure of missions, with the population of the templates based on attrition values (e.g. start with a TO&E for both sides at the start of the campaign, and subtract units/add reinforcements with varying quality levels). This way, a blue mission success might have the mission generator load the blue offensive template, and the units available would be based on the latest attrition values, so if there were two SA-11 sites at the beginning of the campaign and a SEAD flight took one out, you would have up to one available for the new mission.

The trick would be coding the campaign manager that would keep tabs on attrition/reinforcements and supply the entering arguments for the forces in the mission, but post implementation you could conceivably market camapaigns (as a series of templates) that could be flown single player or multiplayer by all available aircraft.

• 8 months later...

Edit: I figured out that it is possible to add multiple company zones of the same type (i. e. vehicle) to one template. That answers the problem below.

Can I make it to choose more than one of the multiple templates that are assigned to a node? On page three (just above the images) I get the impression that that's not the case, but just maybe... :)

Thanks!

Super-

Edited by Supersheep

• 4 years later...

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I’m getting a 404 error when I click on the original link

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Are others getting a 404 error when you click on the op original link?

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.