Real RAF Merlin collective project

On 3/11/2021 at 9:57 AM, slowmover said:

Great project I want to see the final result 

22 hours ago, Andrew u.k. said:

Yes please show us the end result. I've been through the trials and tribulations in 40 posts!

I've been flying with x56 throttle so I'm really interested, you say it's like light and day and I need to get a collective .

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Cool, here's a few more pics.

TIo1aMO.jpg

This is the adaptor collar to connect the collective grip to the stainless steel arm. It was really important for me to not modify the original part and make up an adaptor instead as after all, although I will be extending it's life, it's still a collectable to me!

Edited by james111333

Genuine RAF Merlin Collective DIY project

(Build Thread)

4790k @4.7GHz | RTX 2080ti Aorus Xtreme | 500GB SSD | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswinds

100" 4K Screen with heavily modified (Long distance) head tracking | Acoustic Energy / SVS 7.3.4 | Marantz AVR | Custom Tactile Transducer sofa using SimShaker | HP Reverb Pro Ver.2

Here it is partially assembled, you can see the motorbike steering damper in the background and the hollow brake disc in place. It's the only part that is mild steel rather than stainless as the electromagnet needs to grip this.

XogNpRH.jpg

Q4Rs1os.jpg

IEEn4aX.jpg

(Build Thread)

4790k @4.7GHz | RTX 2080ti Aorus Xtreme | 500GB SSD | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswinds

100" 4K Screen with heavily modified (Long distance) head tracking | Acoustic Energy / SVS 7.3.4 | Marantz AVR | Custom Tactile Transducer sofa using SimShaker | HP Reverb Pro Ver.2

On 3/13/2021 at 10:25 PM, Andrew u.k. said:

Lovely piece of work, how long do you think it will take to complete?

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

Thanks, I only designed it, the credit for the amazing build quality goes to my friend who made it 🙂

It is fully functional now and has been for a while although I have had some longer periods of other games / sims and family time so have not used it as much as I would have liked yet. I am desperate now though, I pre ordered the HP Reverb G2 (G1 was amazing) and got it on day one. unfortunately I returned my graphics card to make way for a 3080Ti which didn't show up when expected and the 3080s are impossible to get! I feel like a drug addict, 'desperate for a hit' waiting to get my GPU so I can get flying again!!! 4 weeks maybe until the 3080Ti if the rumours are correct but whether I can get one is another matter.....

(Build Thread)