Which Version of DCS World will you stay with?

iKyrThraad993i

Which Version of DCS World will you stay with?  

201 members have voted

1. 1. Which Version of DCS World will you stay with?

• DCS World Open Beta
    • DCS World Stable Release

Both!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

I've been running Beta since forever (back in the early 1.5 days)

No point in having stable.... If I want to stay on stable, I just don't update.

Get all the updates first, get to test them and as of lately they have had a lot of improvements, MP server are on them as well, so win-win

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Both, OB mostly to help test new features.

Edited by ouPhrontis
original post of mine was nonsense

NATO - BF callsign: BLACKRAIN

2x X5675 hexacore CPUs for 24 cores | 72GB DDR3 ECC RAM 3 channel | GTX 1050Ti | 500GB SSD on PCIe lane | CH Products HOTAS | TrackIR5 | Win 7 64

Whichever gives me better performance and features at the moment, so cannot vote in the poll above. Usually I go for stable, but since release of 2.5.1 it's Beta all the way.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Open Beta ... I cant resist trying new modules as soon as they are available.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Open beta, DCS will be always in beta version for its nature, release version is only for to fill the SSD

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

My wishlist: F-35/B-17G/F4U Corsair/Yak-3/P-40B Tomahawk

Both

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

• ED Team
Is a 1TB ssd enough to hold both versions of DCS World?

yes

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Even though I have plenty of space, I prefer and only run Open Beta because I dont like waiting weeks to receive New modules etc.

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10

Even though I have plenty of space, I prefer and only run Open Beta because I dont like waiting weeks to receive New modules etc.

I agree it also seems most of the people that are online use the Open Beta....

Guess with Flight Simulators its always a open beta.

Beta updates are really unstable, with whole swaths of functionality taken out seemingly on the flip of a coin.

But stable updates are so few and far between that you'd need to have the patience of a saint to stick with it whilst everyone show's off their J-11s and raindrops.

Would like to see:

Panavia Tornado

Panther AS565

English Electric Lightning.

Honestly, I run beta , but can switch at any moment. Best of both worlds! and haven't been on stable in months.

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Stable. I've just got it running smoothly, in the few select missions I've tried.

I've also been bitten before by updates that have been released and made things worse, or are just simply large in size, the last couple of updates I did were 10gb+!

I'd rather fire up the game, knowing that I'll be straight into the game and enjoying flying, no waiting for an update to download, no problems caused by an update.

Plus I no longer have room on my SSD for the open beta version, I have 85gb free, the open beta is now 87gb - and I only have the Caucasus and NTTR maps!!

Edited by Raven_Morpheus

Beta only and been that way for years. Stable doesn't typically offer any more stability than beta and so might as well just have the latest stuff.

System specs: i5-10600k (4.9 GHz), RX 6950XT, 32GB DDR4 3200, NVMe SSD, Reverb G2, WinWing Super Libra/Taurus, CH Pro Pedals.

The only thing with the OB is that when new stuff comes out we can all watch the community move to the Open beta then come back again.

I have a problem with the tankers in release that has been reported to ED and noticed that in OB it seems fixed. Silly I will just wait and see.