F-15E?

JazonXD

Like who?

Like someone who knows what they are doing and can finish quality modules in a reasonable amount of time (1-2 years I think is reasonable)

4 years on the M2000 still not complete and it would seem the Harrier is nowhere near to been complete, the problem with RAZ they are all over the place, they need to finish what they started, and THEN release beta modules.

Like someone who knows what they are doing and can finish quality modules in a reasonable amount of time (1-2 years I think is reasonable)

4 years on the M2000 still not complete and it would seem the Harrier is nowhere near to been complete, the problem with RAZ they are all over the place, they need to finish what they started, and THEN release beta modules.

4 years ?

DCS Mirage 2000C by RAZBAM Press Release

DCS: Mirage 2000C

The M2000C is a multi-role, French-designed, 4th generation fighter. It was designed in the 1970s as a lightweight fighter and in excess of 600 M2000C aircraft have been built. The M2000C is a single-engine fighter will a low-set delta wing with no horizontal tail. It has excellent manoeuvrability given its relaxed stability and fly-by-wire flight control system. The M2000C also includes a multi-mode RDI radar that is capable tracking and engaging targets at beyond visual ranges. In addition to engaging other aircraft with cannon and missiles, the M2000C can also engage ground targets with cannon, rockets and bombs. The M2000C is a perfect fit for the battlefields of DCS World!

We now bring an exacting simulation the M2000C to DCS World. The M2000C is highly optimized to work within DCS World and takes advantage of the Digital Combat environment that only Eagle Dynamics can offer.

M2000C for DCS World by RAZBAM will sell for $59.99, but will be available at a 20% discount during the pre-purchase period. Pre-purchase the M2000C from:

The DCS World e-shop at http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/modules/

The RAZBAM e-shop at http://www.razbamsims.com/products.html

By December 2015, the Open Beta download for the M2000C will be available to those that pre-purchased.

That's ED newsletter received

18 sept. 2015 à 15:25

I can agree it's a bit long, but it isn't 3 years yet, no need to exaggerate :music_whistling:

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

1-2 years is reasonable for you?

The Hornet, by Eagle Dynamics, took 5 or 6 years to Early Access release.

And they had to bring in Belsimtek to finish it...

And if not Razbam, who? With Belsimtek now integrated into ED, Razbam is the largest, most capable 3rd party and the only one with more than one released module...

This is exactly my point. I love that we have RAZBAM working on cool planes and I buy their stuff, but the F-15??? Really?? You're going to take one of the absolute most iconic fighters in history and give it to RAZBAM?? What a terrible idea... I honestly thought it was a joke when they revealed 3 MORE PRODUCTS.

This just guarantees that one of the greatest planes is going to be a mediocre module, stuck in EA for eternity, missing key systems, with other systems underdeveloped, lacking adequate damage modeling, and with virtually no system failures. Not only that but it guarantees that the jet will be a side-project like all their modules.

They have too much going on and this plane DEMANDS a Developer's full attention. This is why I'm grateful Heatblur is doing the F-14. They've made it very clear that the Tomcat is incredibly important and they will not be distracted until it's completed. It's the absolute opposite approach from what RAZBAM has demonstrated their business model to be. I have no problem with RAZBAM doing lots of little modules all at once (Tucanos and MiG-19's), but this is a U.S. Generation 4 Fighter with incredible complexity, the same kind that ED spent 6 years developing. I have NO faith that RAZBAM is up to that challenge.

I do not want to see the Mighty Eagle dumbed-down like the Mirage in order to fit their business model of quantity over quality. I'm really hoping I'm proven wrong...

Edited by Xordus

but this is a U.S. Generation 4 Fighter with incredible complexity, the same kind that ED spent 6 years developing. I have NO faith that RAZBAM is up to that challenge.

I do not want to see the Mighty Eagle dumbed-down like the Mirage in order to fit their business model of quantity over quality. I'm really hoping I'm proven wrong...

Really ?

Because from the bug report I see in Hornet forum, the radar is going through the same bugs as did Razbam with M-2000C radar and AA missile.

Plus M-2000C was the first fighter from Razbam in DCS, so they had to learn.

Plus it isn't planned for this year, so they have time to learn even more before starting F-15E weapon system, and they have Boeing license :thumbup:

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

But the ground radar omgomg *insert loud noises*!!!!!!!!

Honestly other than the ground radar (which supposedly is tied to the Hornet development) and the bugs/inconsistencies reported in the M2K forum, is there anything missing that is seriously game breaking?

1-2 years is reasonable for you?

The Hornet, by Eagle Dynamics, took 5 or 6 years to Early Access release.

Wasn't the the Strike Eagle in development ages but was put on hold because the way some systems are implemented weren't available yet? Also aren't Razbam the same thing as metal2mesh who made the advanced avionics upgrade for the Iris F-15E?

I genuinely can't understand people who still complain that the M2000C is incomplete, yeah it's missing a radar mode but the radar I heavily classified, literally what else is it missing? I know they're working on improving stuff in conjunction with the French Airforce, what more can you ask from dev who didn't get assistance from the aircraft manufacturers?

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Let's get the Harrier finished first aye!

I really want th F-15E for many’s years now. But, c’mon, please finish the Harrier first. I have it and never fly it... just waiting. :joystick:

Alienware Area 51 R5 - Intel i9 7980XE (4.7 GHz), 32GB Dual Channel HyperX DDR4 XMP, Dual NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti Graphics 11GB GDDR5X SLI, 4.5 TB combo of SSDs/HDDs, Alienware 1500 Watt Multi-GPU Power Supply, Alienware 25” 240Hz Gaming Monitor, Alienware Pro Gaming Keyboard, TM HOTAS, TM Cougar F-16C MFDs, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, TrackIR5, Win10 Pro x64

I can tell you from a 1st person experience, the AdA actual pilots of the Mirage 2000C actual complain is about something NO ONE complained (I wont say it, leave that to DCS M2000C experts) and the complain is about the procedure we used instead of it's functionality.

And about some other complains by the community? well, some stuff (switches) in the cockpit are not even pilot intended but ground crew intended, and yes, the complain is about those not being implemented.

About Harrier functionality, did you know that the NATOPS/manual hanging around freely in the internet actually has almost NOTHING to do with the version we did for DCS? it's mostly DAY ATTACK version (phased out long time ago) but only a REAL USMC AV-8B pilot can tell, so the so called Harrier Bible being used in RAZBAM inquisition is actually..well...obsolete.

We do know since we do have real, very much in active, AV-8B pilots testing the module.

And now about bugs, functionality and stuff "unfinished", DCS is a continuously evolving simulation, some stuff is "there" some stuff is simply "not there" yet and some is there but not fully implemented until the next iteration of DCS arrives, the most notorious might be A/G radar, some thing work today, tomorrow they wont (hence the coming and going bugs), we take the blame and find the solution (because something was changed in the code) but the bottom line is that this means that DCS is alive, always changing and evolving and we have to deal with it and constantly adapting, that's why we keep working with the M2000C (which is officially complete) and the Harrier being finished up. I love DCS, love the development mechanics behind it and i praise Eagle Dynamics for what they are doing.

F-15E is a go, Mig-23 is a go, A-29 is a go, and some others that i simply can't talk freely due to my OWN policies. It has been said and explained ad nauseam our work flow, there is a very capable team, in all fronts. I could fill pages with tech stuff taken from the real world, pictures and stuff and explain to you how it works...in real life, but this is not REAL aircraft development, nor actual avionics or flight instruments, while in real world you have to work with navigational algorithms, in software development is as clear as if alingnementTime <= 4 then Pos = Pos + random; else Pos = Pos(this is not an actual code line) and then the DCS engine handles the rest, this is where we have to work hand in hand with ED(which is phenomenal in this department) . But these lines of code are not going to write themselves, it has to be done manually and that takes time (hence our silence), yes silence means we are working.

So there you have it, I'm telling you what most are not willing to tell you, but those in the know (and i know there are software developers being DCS fans) know exactly what i mean.

Now i will step down from this soap box and be quiet again, since there is a lot happening and yes, some of these guys actually work in Sundays.

Best regards

Ron Zambrano

RAZBAM Simulations, LLC

Owner & Founder

It's quite clear what's RAZBAM policy is. The Mirage is "complete". And that's their official stand. It says it all. Do I need to say anything else ? I probably do.

Features like: nav lights synchronized over net only in full bright position. HUD brightness knob, countermeasures light switch and many other switches, especially in the area of radar display are non-functional. The nav lights one bigger than the other. The weapon modes are implemented incorrectly. The audio , especially opening, closing and sealing the canopy is utterly awful. The quality of the sample is just rock bottom. There are many things that do not require ED's help, like those above. And some that maybe do. But I believe INS update used to work and now it doesn't and RAZBAM is not fixing it. The centerline tank does not fill up anymore.

As Prowler said, "these lines of code are not going to write themselves". But Mirage is a complete module hahaha...

Looking at the line up of modules they have opened and will be looking to sell as Beta is crazy. I mean, what's already in development: Mirage 2000C, Harrier, Tucano, Mirage III, Mig-19, mig-23, F-15E, (Sea stallion too?) a new theatre. Have I missed something ? To finish Harrier RAZBAM dropped work on Mirage for a year....and today it is now in complete (= nearing finish) state. Let that sink in.

Obviously there are plenty of people who will buy anything. Also people who'll buy their favorite aircraft doesn't matter the price or state. That's why RAZBAM will continue doing what they are doing. Keep producing unfinished modules, cash in on them and strangely take a big pride in it.

I am not in for another battle with hardcore RAZBAM fans. I understand that you want your modules whatever the state. Take care..

Like who?

I'd buy a Beta from ED or Heatblur.

Edited by Skitter

@Prowler111: Thanks for the insights. Well said and very informative.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

• ED Team
But Mirage is a complete module hahaha...

A module can be feature complete and still have some bugs and issues to be addressed. Shouldnt confuse the two. The Mirage still seems pretty active and responsive in getting issues addressed, I doubt that will change.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

+1 Prowler, I think the silent majority holds no ill will towards Razbam. Some people just love to hate.

That being said, can we take this thread back on topic with some F-15E hype? I’ve never been more excited for a module.

scr-001.jpg

:D:pilotfly:

Mirage fanatic !

I am very excited for this. I'm assuming it'll be getting AIM-9X's?

Eagle Enthusiast, Fresco Fan. Patiently waiting for the F-15E. Clicky F-15C when?

HP Z400 Workstation

Intel Xeon W3680 (i7-980X) OC'd to 4.0 GHz, EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC Gaming, 24 GB DDR3 RAM, 500GB Crucial MX500 SSD. Thrustmaster T16000M FCS HOTAS, DIY opentrack head-tracking. I upload DCS videos here https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0-7L3Z5nJ-QUX5M7Dh1pGg

+1 Prowler, I think the silent majority holds no ill will towards Razbam. Some people just love to hate.

That being said, can we take this thread back on topic with some F-15E hype? I’ve never been more excited for a module.

Granted.

LAUNCH.thumb.jpg.513dc18eda5822fca7b636a68f0c7bb9.jpg

Can't pretend fly as well as you can.

So you take an A/A fighter airframe and decided to make it into a A/G variant. You add pylons, change some avionics and there probably a whole lot more that I dont know about. Do you expect that to handle the same in the A/A role when obviously it was designed for the A/G role, hence the STRIKE Eagle? I think not.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm