Meet and Greet

• Like 1

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

1 hour ago, Silvera said:

Hi everyone, Claire here. I am also new here learning the Viper!

Hi Claire. Good luck with your PPL

• Thanks 1

Windows 7/10 64bit, Intel i7-4770K 3.9GHZ, 32 GB Ram, Gforce GTX 1080Ti, 11GB GDDR5 Valve Index. Force IPD 63 (for the F-16)

@Dginn69 Hello, Chris,

Welcome to DCS.  We are happy to see you.  

If you are looking for a jet to get started with, I suggest the F/A-18.  This jet is user-friendly and forgiving.  Additionally, the jet can be used for either land-based missions or for carrier missions.  I recommend on getting the F-14 because it more difficult to fly.  The module called Super Carrier is also recommended.

Here something to consider.  For many virtual pilots, they create a profile on discord.com.  Discord is free to use.  Through discord, various virtual squadrons use this electronic platform to send messages, to talk online, or to share training sessions.  For example, my profile is viper#3400 on discord.  Different squadrons have different types of missions that utilize different air frames.  For example, one squadron might use only the Apache chopper while the next one uses F/A-18s.  The virtual squadrons usually give an interview, which costs of telling you their code-of-contact, what missions they play, which servers they use, and answer questions you ask.  The interviewers ask you your flight experience, which jets/planes you own, which virtual maps you have, and where you live.  Many squadrons are happy to make time to show you how to fly your jet.

MFT

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mike Force Team said:

@Dginn69 Hello, Chris,

Welcome to DCS.  We are happy to see you.  

If you are looking for a jet to get started with, I suggest the F/A-18.  This jet is user-friendly and forgiving.  Additionally, the jet can be used for either land-based missions or for carrier missions.  I recommend on getting the F-14 because it more difficult to fly.  The module called Super Carrier is also recommended.

Here something to consider.  For many virtual pilots, they create a profile on discord.com.  Discord is free to use.  Through discord, various virtual squadrons use this electronic platform to send messages, to talk online, or to share training sessions.  For example, my profile is viper#3400 on discord.  Different squadrons have different types of missions that utilize different air frames.  For example, one squadron might use only the Apache chopper while the next one uses F/A-18s.  The virtual squadrons usually give an interview, which costs of telling you their code-of-contact, what missions they play, which servers they use, and answer questions you ask.  The interviewers ask you your flight experience, which jets/planes you own, which virtual maps you have, and where you live.  Many squadrons are happy to make time to show you how to fly your jet.

MFT

Thank you for the welcome. I did buy the FA-18 and was leaning towards that to start. Although I do like the F-15 & F-16 too. I do have the F-16 & will have the FC3 this week. I had to get the supercarrier module as well. But the F-18 has the land & carrier. The F-14 is also on my list to get. 

I do have discord. Dginn69 is my profile. But for some reason I cannot post in the Eagle DCS discord. It says I don not have permission. I read the rules & gave a thumbs up.

nullAnyhow I am looking forward to trying DCS, and I have some studying ahead of. 

image.png

On 6/26/2022 at 6:23 AM, Silvera said:

Hi everyone, Claire here. I am also new here learning the Viper!

Always good to see women here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

Hi everyone. My first gaming PC was a single 5 1/2 floppy disk PC...

C:\> format b: /u. 

I'm running DCS World on a Legion 5 Pro with an AMD Ryzen 7 5800h CPU and NVIDIA 3070 at max settings (and MSAA 4x on) with no problems and getting solid 75fps. It is a beauty of a machine. Looking forward to joining in some games once I learn some stuff.

• Like 2

Lenovo Legion 5 Pro - AMD Ryzen 7 5800h - NVIDIA 3070 - 32 GB RAM - 1TB SSD - Mi 27" monitor - Titan Wolf Hotas

HI all, I've been a super long time user with MSFS since back in the FS4 days. Now trying out DCS and purchased the F14. On the trial for the super carrier at the moment and thinking about purchasing that also. Now to learn how the heck to use the AA/AG weapons so I can play with friends and others on multi so I wont become a crap show for others. Glad to be here.

Bill (Bandido)

• Like 2

Hello community,

retired after 20+ years german army aviation service, i just can´t let go. Well, who can ?

Since i haven´t yet convinced my wife of letting me get hands on a Robinson, the simulation is once more my place to rest. I´m glad to be into DCS again after all those years, having started with Velocity´s Jetfighter in 1988 (blasting on a ´386), conveyed over to UsNavyFighters, Janes´s, etc up all the way to Falcon and Flanker where i had to cut it down after starting my career. Now as i´m about to retire, trying to get hands on simulation again, i´m completely blown away what old LOMAC has become today 🙂

There hasn´t been time yet to look into this forum, maybe i can find some old faces from the times of Flanker or LockOn. Until then, thank you all for keeping the simulation alive !

@Devs: Shut up and take my money.

PS: I recently swapped DCS Steam for the Standalone Version after the authorization issues just appeared a little too often. Glad to see the Standalone Version seems to have less frequent issues - if any.

Edited by Jel
  • Like 1

When in doubt - climb. Nobody ever collided with air.

Hello 

My name is Sk1pper.  Excited to get started.

I live in Arizona winter Colorado USA summer 

Been doing some research a lot of stuff. I have nothing. I need a suggestion on a computer to start. The controls I think I want are theThrustmasters warthog throttle and stick to start. (Availability on the others seem limited). Would like something I won’t have to upgrade as I learn. Thanks in advance

• Like 1

Hello all, 

I'm Kerz. Been playing about a week. Crashed in the A4 Module about 50 times in the first 2 days, mainly trying to land on the carrier. Hell, it took me about 3 hours to get the cold start without forgetting something. Took off without closing the canopy more times than I would like to admit. Been having a blast since then in the SU33, doing the Heavy Sky campaign. Learning to dodge the AIM 120 has been a challenge. Would love to find others to fly with in the SU33 or other RUS planes. 

25 minutes ago, Kerz said:

Hello all,

Hell, it took me about 3 hours to get the cold start without forgetting something. Took off without closing the canopy more times than I would like to admit. Been having a blast since then in the SU33

How can it take 3 hours to learn how to start a shallow jet like the Su33?

"You see, IronHand is my thing"

My specs:  W10 Pro, I5/11600K o/c to 4800 @1.32v, 64 GB 3200 XML RAM, ASUS RTX3060ti/8GB.

39 minutes ago, Steel Jaw said:

How can it take 3 hours to learn how to start a shallow jet like the Su33?

That's not what was said. Not sure the intention behind your post. If you are trying to be insulting, I respond with "<profanity> off and learn to read" I was referring to the A4 module, as it was complicated trying to make sure I had all the systems turned on and ready before takeoff. Hence the segue into how I have been enjoying the SU33 since then. Thanks for the kind welcome to the community

Edited by Kerz
Forgot to add my thanks

10 hours ago, Kerz said:

Crashed in the A4 Module about 50 times in the first 2 days, mainly trying to land on the carrier.

Oh wow, that's quite the introductory task you've set for yourself! I'm still not anywhere near being a decent naval aviator after years of flying the Hornet (not flying it very regularly, though). Landing any aircraft on the carrier is tough!

My general advice would be to take it slow, get a feel for the aircraft and its general handling characteristics, learn to land on long runways until you're really comfortable, and then do carrier-style landings still on those same long concrete runways, and then transition to the actual carrier. I actually believe you'll become a better virtual pilot this way because there's less risk of training bad habits when you take your time to learn everything from the ground up, so to speak. 😉

Well you either learn your stuff from 0 to hero, one step at a time or you just give it a try, crash 50 times and succed on the 51st approach.

I usually let my flight trainees do a series of carrier qualifications on the runway before we even start flying near the mothership 🙂

Welcome to the World of Aviation and have fun.

When in doubt - climb. Nobody ever collided with air.

Hello everyone,

New to the DCS community but not new the the flight sim world. Let age myself here, I played and still own Falcon 4.0 and not the Steam version. I am a retired AF vet that loves military aviation. I worked munitions while I served and built lots of Paveways hence my call sign. Hope to fly with others here and have fun.

• Like 1

From a retired Squid (77-97) to a retired Zoomie... welcome aboard..... you, would of been an Aviation Ordnanceman (AO) in the Navy.. we called em B.B. Stackers... IYAOYAS... I was an Avionics tech... AT

The IYAOYAS is "If You Ain't Ordnance You Ain't Shiznit.... 

The AT's would just tell em  DILLIGAFF.....

Edited by 352nd_Hoss
  • Like 2

Sempre Fortis

After many years of admiring DCS from afar, my computer was just rebuilt and I can enjoy DCS finally. I grabbed 11 of the modules with the first time discount and ive got the 16000m and track ir functioning properly.

Managed to get the SU 33 down on the Kuznetsov two days ago in the tutorial. Really enjoying the game and the steep learning curve!

Happy to be here and learn to fly these planes.

Cheers!

• Like 2

11700k@4.9ghz,32mb 3200 Ram, GB Aorus Master x570, GB Aorus Master 3080TI, ArcticCool AIO, Corsair 1000wPSU, Coolermaster Cosmos 2 case

2x 1TB 980PRO SSD on Mobo (one for DCS), 3xSSDs 1.5TB, Thrustmaster 16000m Hotas, TrackIR 5, 

A-10C2, FA18,F-16c FC3, MI-8, BS2, CArms, SuperCarrier, Persian Gulf, Syria, Test Range

Hello from NC. I'm new to DCS and looking at getting started. I've played flight sims in the '90's but DCS look to have taken things to a hole new level. With me be new to DCS I know I will have to get a new computer system as the one I have is ancient and has no chance at running it. I've been looking around for a pre built system but not sure what company to go with. I checked out SkyTech Gaming's Chronos SKU: ST-ChronosW-0274-AM, but I've seen some bad reviews and hate to drop a lot of $$$ to get a bad unit. I don't mind spending the $$ as long as I know I'm getting a quality system with good customer support. If you have any recommendations please let me know. Thanks!!!!!!!!