DCS: F-16CM Block 50 by EDSA Discussion Thread

NineLine

Congrats to Wags and ED! I've been waiting some time for this...

throwing-money.gif

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

That would be great, but the F-16 is far from being finished. Release is still half a year away and that will only be the early access release.

I guess our beloved Phantom will have to wait for quiet some time :(

They can at least start 3D modeling, the F-16 looks beautifully finished already.

Also you can add a couple of years to the real release date of the F-16, people here seem to forget that the early access will be a 30% finished product. I can't wait for it too, just to contemplate that overhype to die a couple of weeks later, just like the F-14 :P

I'll buy :

МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module

Will the Hades Bomb make it into DCS for the Viper?? :D

Haha, I really hope so, in addition to the "fine city" of Bilyad (PG map will probably be reopened for modifications soon) :thumbup:

Modda

i9-9900KS @5.2GHz | Aorus Z390 Master | MSI RTX 3090 Gaming X Trio | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TM Warthog | Logitech G Pro

I am spitting my cards one by one at this page now. What am I doing wrong? Why is there no list of F-16C in my modules? Is something wrong with your E-shop fables?

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

Does/will the F-16 do anything which the Hornet can't?

The Falcon has a better kill ratio versus Californian warehouses than the Hornet.

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

The Falcon has a better kill ratio versus Californian warehouses than the Hornet.
Ouch! Maybe too soon?

LOL

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i5 8600K OC @ 5.0GHz w/ Corsair H100i Liquid Cooler| MSI GTX 1080 OC Edition | 32GB DDR4 3600 | EVO 960 NVMe SSD | WD Black NVMe SSD

Win10 X64 | TrackIR 5 | HTC Vive | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS and Cougar MFDs | Saitek Combat Pedals

Does/will the F-16 do anything which the Hornet can't? Or is it at least more suitable for certain missions?

I love both, but only have time to master one.

They're pretty much different service branch equivalents of the same thing. There are some flight characteristic differences, but they're otherwise very similar, capability-wise.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

Does/will the F-16 do anything which the Hornet can't? Or is it at least more suitable for certain missions?

good comparison - 4-part series here >> https://fightersweep.com/author/cw-lemoine/page/3/

i also liked this article... https://defence.pk/pdf/threads/f-16-vs-f-18-a-navy-test-pilots-perspective.169261/

Edited by SDsc0rch

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If I understand correctly, the F-16 is a better dogfighter. Higher turn rate than the Hornet. The Hornet has the advantage of nearly unlimited AoA at slow speed, but can't accelerate very well. The Viper, if it gets slow and is in danger of being nailed by a Hornet pulling crazy AoA, has better acceleration and could zoom out of the fight.

But the more important part, IMO, is much better HOTAS ergonomics in the Viper. In the Hornet you still have to mess with the DDIs a lot. In the Viper you can potentially only touch the MFDs on startup and fence-in, and never have to take your hands off the throttles and stick to do absolutely anything during combat. For example, after you hit the A-G master mode button on the ICP, you can call up HARMs, cycle PB/POS/EOM modes, handoff an emitter type to the HARM, fire, then call up MRM mode for BVR combat, all without taking your hands off the HOTAS.

Edited by Nealius

I agree Mad-Mex

To me it will also be the first module I won't have to memorize what switch does what.

No Kidding! Sort of like the F-5, start up was a cinch since I knew what switch did what and it cut the learning time way down!

Now, time to see if I remember how to start the F-16,,,

The HTS (HARM Targeting System) pod is another unique F-16 feature. As I understand it, this allows the aircraft to accurately triangulate the position of a radar from repeated emissions. When a sufficiently accurate position has been determined this allows precision guidance of munitions onto the radar. This means that the F-16 we are getting is pretty much the ultimate SEAD/DEAD platform: the Hornet can do it, but this Viper should do it better.

Dogfighting prowess seems to be quite subjective: they certainly fight differently, the F-16 has better power to weight and the Hornet can pull more AoA. Which is better seems to depend who you ask. I would definitely agree on the HOTAS layout: the F-16 is much more HOTAS heavy (like the A-10), compared to the Hornet being more DDI heavy. Personally I prefer having more on HOTAS, especially as a VR pilot.

Edited by Tomsk

The WH Throttle has more than enough switches, buttons & axes to emulate an f-16. It works fine when I'm using it on the F-16 Sim than cannot be named. I do use a Target profile to get the most out of it though, and a pair of F-16 Cougar MFDs will help.

The F16 HOTAS set up is quite similar to the way the A10C works.

What I'd like to know is what is the status of GM Radar?

I've ben waiting so long for th F-16 and my mates from the VDS always told me, she will never come. Too modern, to top secret bla bla bla....

BUT you made it. You let my dream come true. I just hope that the weapons will be available from the beginning on.

Thanks for producing this beauty!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Founder of the -=VDS=-

:pilotfly:

I've ben waiting so long for th F-16 and my mates from the VDS always told me, she will never come. Too modern, to top secret bla bla bla....

BUT you made it. You let my dream come true. I just hope that the weapons will be available from the beginning on.

Thanks for producing this beauty!!!

This will not happen, Wags already posted their plan here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=241132

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Wanna buy mine? Including FSSB?

No shipping fee - especially for you! :megalol:

That is... actually tempting. :)

But where to put all that? I'm certainly not going to abandon the A-10 and the Warthog, and the desk is already crammed with all the flight sim gear. And I don't know if the desk would support another 2 Monstertech mounts without breaking apart.

Still... tempting. Think I'll have to take and look and then we could grab a beer. Sounds like a plan? ;)

On a completely unrelated note: the phase 1 early access includes a "SAM" radar mode. Don't think I ever heard of that. Anyone know what that stands for?

RWS-SAM is Range While Search Situation Awareness Mode, it performs a similar function to LTWS in the Hornet.

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Great news, surprised by both releases 190 and f16. You guys seem to be steam rolling now. Hope progress doesn't slow down as there are some planes on that list that I'm interested on. Day one purchase for f16. Cant wait.

Specs: i7-4790K @4.00 ghz, EVGA 2080ti , 16GB ram, Samsung 512GB SSD x2.

Gear: Virpil Alpha stick with Mongoos T-50CM2 throttle, Combat-Pro flight pedals, Track ir 5 & Reverb G2

The HTS (HARM Targeting System) pod is another unique F-16 feature. As I understand it, this allows the aircraft to accurately triangulate the position of a radar from repeated emissions. When a sufficiently accurate position has been determined this allows precision guidance of munitions onto the radar. This means that the F-16 we are getting is pretty much the ultimate SEAD/DEAD platform: the Hornet can do it, but this Viper should do it better.

Dogfighting prowess seems to be quite subjective: they certainly fight differently, the F-16 has better power to weight and the Hornet can pull more AoA. Which is better seems to depend who you ask. I would definitely agree on the HOTAS layout: the F-16 is much more HOTAS heavy (like the A-10), compared to the Hornet being more DDI heavy. Personally I prefer having more on HOTAS, especially as a VR pilot.

for somone who doesn't have Hotas warthog i prefer the F18 Hotas setup because with its simpler system i can actually bind everything to my X55. A10C had too many functions to do so. and i still needed a some share of keyboard commands. if the F16 is going to be the more complex hotas as the A10 ....... than i guess i need to set aside some cash for new HOTAS

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD