VAICOM PRO plugin for VoiceAttack

Hollywood_315

Okay guys, I'm having an issue with Vaicom Pro now after the last DCS update. I can't get it to recognize any aircraft modules. I have deleted export.lua, I have reset lua, I have copied and pasted all lua code into the appropriate places multiple times and still can't get it to work. The only thing I haven't done is delete and reinstall, which I don't want to do. Any ideas?

Liquid Cooled i9 11900K | GeForce RTX 2080 | 32 gig RAM | SSD Samsung 850 EVO | HP Reverb G2

TM F/A-18 Stick | Virpil WarBRD | WinWIng F/A-18 HOTAS

By the way, new SRS update and still the problem. When I remove the DCS-SRS folder from SaveGames/DCSbeta/Mods/tech folder, it works, but if it is present it will deactivate my voice recognition in voice attack. Could you install SRS and take a look @Hollywood_315 please? I wrote this post also in the SRS area. If you could talk one to each other....

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4147569&postcount=2630

@Japo32 Extensive testing has brought to light no reproducible conflicts with SRS or any other 3rd party apps at this time.

The plugin is clear to run on VA 1.8.2, for DCS Release and OB alongside SSA, TacView and SRS all latest versions.

Testing has been done for any order of entries in export.lua. If you experience issues you may want to re-inspect your SRS setup, also suggest to try out different mic and output device settings to see if any conflicts arise there.

@sSkullZnBoneZz Try with running a DCS Repair and if needed reset your Custom Path dir.

@tapi PTT hot release feature to work with daisy-chained VA profiles is part of upcoming plugin release update 2.5.14.

There is no spoon.

Avatar_old_80x80.gif.0c105925ce4b9f5b87697ea37cbde317.gif

VAICOM PRO plugin for DCS World

www.vaicompro.com

Great, THX Hollywood for info.

Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast! (Ken Gatward before his solo Beaufighter mission 1943)See vid here

HW: i7-12700K, 32 GB RAM, MB PRO Z690-A DDR4 , GTX 3080, LCD UltraWQHD (3440x1440) G-SYNC 120Hz,Tobii Eye Tracker 5, VKB Gunfighter III (KG12 WWII), MFG Crosswind, AuthentiKit Throttle & Trims, Windows 11 64-bit

I am new to VAICOM. It is a great tool. Though I am not a native speaker I have been able to train WSR to understand cca 90% of commands I need.

But some commands seem to do nothing:

Radio Check/Heads up - nothing though I expect answers from my wingmen

Smoke on/Smoke Off - nothing

Server/Mystery - do not open F10 menu

And I would like to know what is the meaning of these commands:

Clear Right/left

Pump

And what is the difference between commands Join and Close Formation?

THX

Smoke me a kipper I'll be back for breakfast! (Ken Gatward before his solo Beaufighter mission 1943)See vid here

HW: i7-12700K, 32 GB RAM, MB PRO Z690-A DDR4 , GTX 3080, LCD UltraWQHD (3440x1440) G-SYNC 120Hz,Tobii Eye Tracker 5, VKB Gunfighter III (KG12 WWII), MFG Crosswind, AuthentiKit Throttle & Trims, Windows 11 64-bit

Hi, Vaicom is an excellent tool and I have been using it with no problem in DCS for some time.

Since the last Beta update the Chatter extension has stopped working and the squelch on the talk buttons has also gone.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

As others have noted, since the update on Friday 12/20, Vaicom no longer appears to function. I've tried it with VoiceAttack v1.82 and the newest v1.83. In DCS whenever you transmit, it goes "Listening Resumed" <Airport/player joined message> "Listening Suspended" all the while you have the xmit button held. If you delete the export.lua that stops happening but then nothing will respond to your messages anyhow. So, something broke it.

Unless I'm way off here, but it was working fine.

Another here with the VAICOM plugin not working with DCS since the last update.

Things I have Tried:

I have done a Repair on DCS

A full reset of everything except my License in the VAICOM Configuration Window

I have uninstalled SRS and manually deleted all traces of SRS from my Saved Games folder,

I have deleted my Export.lua file

I have removed all files relating to DCS BIOS

I have read through the install procedure in the PDF Manual again and everything seems as it should be.

I tried with the GPS Module disabled, and then uninstalled.

I have tried in various missions/situations/modules, I have tried everything and still no luck, I have been trying to get this to work for a couple of hours, the only interaction I seem to get between DCS and VAICOM is "Listening Suspended" and the low pich beep when I quit and return to menu in DCS, so there is obviously something happeneing, but nothing more than that.

This is very frustrating, if anyone has any ideas, I would appreciate them

Voiceattack is running as Admin

Have since Tested on an Old PC Running DCS World Open Beta 2.5.5.40647 with SRS 1.7.1.4 Installed, DCS BIOS running and VAICOM works, so seemingly either a DCS Issue or a local issue.

*** Solved *** Did a Lot of fault finding and it turned out to be an autoexec.cfg line without a value at the end of it caused the issue stopping VAICOM from working

Edited by goldleader
Found my issue and resolved it!

i9-9900KS CPU @ 5.1GHz, Win10 Pro 64bit, Gigabyte Z390 Master Mobo, Corsair Vengance 64GB 3000Mhz Ram, 1 x ADATA SX8200 Pro 1Tb Drive (OS), 1 x ADATA SX8200 Pro 512Gb Drive (DCS), 1 x RTX 2080Ti AORUS Waterforce 11Gb, 3 x 27" ACER Predator 2560x1440px, 27" LG 2560x1440px HP Reverb G2, TrackIR5, HOTAS Warthog Throttle and Stick, 3 x HOTAS Cougar MFCDs, Elgato Streamdeck & Streamdeck XL

Author of SRS here....

I've tested both SRS and VIACOM together with no issues so unable to reproduce.

The introduction of the SRS module would make no difference either as it's separate to the export method used by VIACOM

Only got trial versions of both is the only thing

Sent from my HD1903 using Tapatalk

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

@Japo32 Extensive testing has brought to light no reproducible conflicts with SRS or any other 3rd party apps at this time.

The plugin is clear to run on VA 1.8.2, for DCS Release and OB alongside SSA, TacView and SRS all latest versions.

Testing has been done for any order of entries in export.lua. If you experience issues you may want to re-inspect your SRS setup, also suggest to try out different mic and output device settings to see if any conflicts arise there.

@sSkullZnBoneZz Try with running a DCS Repair and if needed reset your Custom Path dir.

@tapi PTT hot release feature to work with daisy-chained VA profiles is part of upcoming plugin release update 2.5.14.

Hollywood. Can you pls explain how to make the F10 markspoints to work with AIRIO for the F14 in multiplayer? I can never impoert F10 marks as steerpoints in multiplayer. In singleplayer it works...

Greetings aces

I had the same problem with VA not recognizing any commands anymore. I renamed the Export.lua and let DCS build a new one then added the SRS line manually. Works fine again. Using all the latest patches for DCS Open Beta, SRS and VA.

I am new to VAICOM. It is a great tool. Though I am not a native speaker I have been able to train WSR to understand cca 90% of commands I need.

But some commands seem to do nothing:

Radio Check/Heads up - nothing though I expect answers from my wingmen

Smoke on/Smoke Off - nothing

Server/Mystery - do not open F10 menu

And I would like to know what is the meaning of these commands:

Clear Right/left

Pump

And what is the difference between commands Join and Close Formation?

THX

Well, found one of the answers myself :smilewink:

For VAICOM to recognize aforementioned commands (like Radio Check etc.) needs the checked: Preferences - Extended Command set

Still would like to know the meaning of the other mentioned commands (this question is not related to VAICOM but to DCS)

VAICOM is working again, but without SRS.

I don't know what change the problem solved:

- Last Update of DCS.

- Update of TacView.

- New version of VA.

- Cleanup and reinstall of all 3rd partys in the Export.lua (vaicomlfs, SimShaker, Tacviewlfs)

I'm afraid the try SRS again. :)

But I'll do it next time.

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

Ok, updated to SRS 1.7.1.4 and everything is working fine.

Order of entries in Export.lua:

vaicomlfs, SimShaker, Tacviewlfs, SimpleRadioStandalone

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

Author of SRS here....

I've tested both SRS and VIACOM together with no issues so unable to reproduce.

The introduction of the SRS module would make no difference either as it's separate to the export method used by VIACOM

Only got trial versions of both is the only thing

Sent from my HD1903 using Tapatalk

Thanks mate - appreciated. Same results here, all looking fine.

Catch me on PM if you need more help with anything.

Grtz

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

+++ Release 2.5.14 +++

Plugin 2.5.14 with AIRIO 2.5.6 is out.

Merry Christmas!

Hollywood

VAICOM PRO plugin update: release 2.5.14

- New PTT hot release function (page 27).

- Audio now follows external view setting.

- Numerous fixes and improvements.

- Hosting update for AIRIO 2.5.6

AIRIO 2.5.6

- NAVGRID functionality added (apply FINISH steps).

- New command for Map Markers to NAVGRID (import command first, page 36).

- AIRIO now auto-disabled when VA not running.

- Various tweaks and fixes.

Existing users update automatically.

bells.png

There is no spoon.

www.vaicompro.com

Hi guys,

I´m a new VAICOM user, bought the pro version today but I´m not getting it to work.

I have done the installation and the setup of both VoiceAttack and VAICOM as per the manual. Also it´s running as admin. Microphone and speech recognition are working. I don´t have SRS installed.

I noticed something really strange:

Here is the thing, wich makes me wonder if I´m not understanding something or if indeed something is broken: As long as I´m in the DCS main menu or have loaded a flight and pressed escape to get the "mission paused" prompt with the usual options, it seems to work. If I push a PTT button, the VoiceAttack window shows "Joystick: TX1 (or any other) press" --> "Listening resumed" And that´s the case as long as I hold the button. If I release, VoiceAttack says "Listening suspended". I can even use some voice comands, which are recognized like "checked".

But as soon as I´m actual in the cockpit without any DCS menus open, and push my PTT button, VoiceAttack shows:

DCS mission / Su25 - Nevada Cold Start

Player (Name) entered Module SU-25 Frogfoot, unit callsing 103

Listing suspended

And the listening is suspended immediately, although I´m still holding the PTT button.

I used the easy communications in an FC3 plane to ensure there is nothing wrong with frequencies, even started the engines for electrical power. As soon as I push the (any) PTT again, VoiceAttack shows the same three lines again (and again, and again).

Is this a normal behaviour? And if not, any hints what might be wrong here?

Thanks and best regards

Jano

Are we supposed to paste in new keywords when an update comes across like this?

Only reason I ask is seems like we used to be prompted to do that, can't say I have been prompted for that in a while.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Thanks for the new update!

When I try to import the "Viacom pro airio.vap" to update the copmmands I get an "Error loading profile data. [There is an error in XML document (1,1).] Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1." error message. Am I doing something wrong? Should I first delete some old commands?

Best Regards,

Marcel

Thanks for the new update!

When I try to import the "Viacom pro airio.vap" to update the copmmands I get an "Error loading profile data. [There is an error in XML document (1,1).] Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1." error message. Am I doing something wrong? Should I first delete some old commands?

Best Regards,

Marcel

I am having the same issue, an not new command from page 38 (NAVGRID)...

Edited by hreich

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Pilot from Croatia

Hi @Hollywood_315

I update to latest version and try import new changes for AIRIO but I got msgbox with:

Error loading profile data

[Ther is an eror in XML document (1,1).]

Data at the root level in invalid. Line1, position 1.

So I try installation of vaicom from scratch. But now main vaicom profile is completly empty. I can't acces to configuration window to master reset.

How can it wipe everything and do clean install....

EDIT: I remove viaocom form export.lua and etc. and vorm VA folder, clean-up/repair DCS but still I see icons in main window of DCS

Edited by emc

Take a look my mods :joystick: 

dcs_footer500.jpg

CPU: i7 7700 | GPU: GeForce GTX 1080 8GB DDR5 | Motherboard: ASUSTeK PRIME B250M-A | RAM: 2x16GB DDR4-2400 | Output: Kingston HyperX Cloud II | Edifier C2XD 2.1 | Controlls: Saitek X-56 Rhino | Saitek Flight Rudder Pedals | Saitek Multi/Radio/Switch Panels | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar | Elgato Stream Deck XL | OpenTrack with LaserClip | VoiceAttack with VAICOM Pro plugin