Why Christen Eagle II?

Dolphin887

Just to leave the note, they didn't loose manpower for other projects since they internally already had the CE2 as test and development base for other ww2 prop-aircraft (refer to the FAQ).

So they just decided that they could release their internal test plane as others also might have fun with it. I mean actually there is a group of people in DCS that do aerobatics, races and stuff like that. They'll like it, the rest can just ignore the plane and wait for the next module.

But keep in mind, they didn't really lost manpower for releasing this. If they would have decided to not release it, well the CE2 would also be there, internally.

However I understand that the hot phase prior to the announcement created excitement for other aircraft.

I'd prefer DCS sticks with combat aircraft. I'm not against recon, transport or any other aircraft current or historical operational airframe but I do hope the future holds true to items that have been in service. I fully understand there are crossover items but if I wanted to fly an extra 300 I'd be in another sim.

• Like 1

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

bitter disappointment of epic scale

True but this is on us :huh:. I respect their view point and maybe I'll give it a go. I am still enthusiastic for the mig-21 overhaul tho! :thumbup:

"These are not the bugs you are looking for..":pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My YouTube channel

SPECS

-AMD FX8370 8 Core Processor 4.2 ghz

-GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P

-GTX 1050 TI Windforce 4g

-16 GB RAM

-Saitek X 52

-FaceNOIRtrack - 3 point clip Red Led

I'm really disapointed.

It's in the Title : Digital COMBAT Simulator. As a buyer, I don't agree with you're vision of the sim. I hope DCS will not compete with the 2 other big civilian flight simulators (seriously !? How many years ? And we still not have an ATC !?)

You've made the Fishbed, which need correction right now and you're ''big'' announcement is this !?

Anyway, it will be without my money and my little help. I think you've made a mistake.

However, I sincerely wish you good luck for this project and the future ones.

Best wishes and cheers from France !

P.S. : you see BIGNEWY ? I havn't mentionned the name of other sims, lessons learned xD ;)

• Like 2

I respect your decision but I'm disappointed... Like other members already said it's a combat simulator. There are other options out there for the civilian market type aircraft and I'm not gonna mention them because we all know what they are.

I hope people will support you by buying this plane but I can't justify it to myself since I think it does not belong here. That being said I appreciate your effort and I wish the best.

• Like 1

g8PjVMw.png

I don't get why people feel that they need to complain about a dev's choice in what aircraft that they develop. Like if you don't like it don't buy it. The sense of entitlement in this community knows no bounds. We're a small enough community to begin with it's better to be supportive verbally or financially of a teams endeavors than engage in toxic laced rants that serve no one, let alone our community.

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron

Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron

TS: 195.201.110.22

Considering the bashing they got during the time of crickets i think they are entitled to mess with us a bit.

"Long life It is a waste not to notice that it is not noticed that it is milk in the title." Amazon.co.jp review for milk translated from Japanese

"Amidst the blue skies, A link from past to future. The sheltering wings of the protector..." - ACE COMBAT 4

"Blessed be the LORD my strength, which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight"-Psalm 144:1 KJV

i5-4430 at 3.00GHz, 8GB RAM, GTX 1060 FE, Windows 7 x64

I would rather have the massive development barrier to entry of having to replicate a military aircraft rather than risking devs wavering and deciding to develop civi aircraft for DCS because it's the easier option.

Edited by Temp89

Would like to see:

Panavia Tornado

Panther AS565

English Electric Lightning.

Im not upset about this module being made.

Though i feel like the week of hyping it up was probably a mistake

might have been better to just announce it without using Hints to build up hype / expectations as that was bound to leave some people angry and disappointed.

I probably wont get this module as this type of aircraft is not what i play DCS for but good luck with sales i wish you all the best

as the More 3rd party devs we have creating stuff the better it is for us all

(even if we might not agree with all of their choices when it comes to modules)

I dunno. I always liked the Pitts 2 Special so this is a fairly similar frame. I really see no issue with it. Why not have red bull air races around Nevada or aerobatics? Who cares what DCS stands for? Depends how much it’s gona sell for, if it’s cheap enough I’ll prob get it for a laugh - use loads of them for some aerial gunnery practice or something. Beautiful model though

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

Because the love for aviation extends outside strictly military aircraft bounds.

DCS is a simulation platform, a powerful one. We strongly believe it could be extended outside its initial military purpose. Together with Eagle Dynamics SA and The Fighter Collection we introduce one beautiful civilian airplane to this world, opening the door for new things to come.

We imagine future of DCS as a general world simulating platform where almost anything could be simulated. Our Christen Eagle II is a small step toward that future.

We know the Christen Eagle II will find its way into the hearts of many. What matters here is that we bring more choice to DCS, extending and enriching it, making it more accessible to the people within and outside the current community, attracting them to come to DCS and play, and educating them about the reach world of aviation.

Limitations are just imaginary.

We go beyond.

Thank you all so very much.

I'd buy a 172. I'd buy a 737. Heck, I'd even buy a proper glider. But a CE2!?!? No way.

-Col. Russ Everts opinion on surface-to-air missiles: "It makes you feel a little better if it's coming for one of your buddies. However, if it's coming for you, it doesn't make you feel too good, but it does rearrange your priorities."

DCS Wishlist:

MC-130E Combat Talon   |   F/A-18F Lot 26   |   HH-60G Pave Hawk   |   E-2 Hawkeye/C-2 Greyhound   |   EA-6A/B Prowler   |   J-35F2/J Draken   |   RA-5C Vigilante

I'd buy a 172. I'd buy a 737. Heck, I'd even buy a proper glider. But a CE2!?!? No way.

I'd love a c130, kc135, or il78 in game and think alot of people would buy then as well. What do all those aircraft have in common: they have a tangible place in support roles during combat, they can serve two roles while still expanding DCS' reach to the civ market as well.

Its great theyre trying slmething different and standing behind their work, but honestly I wouldve rathered they stepped in another direction.

Best of luck with the ce2 though:thumbup:

• Like 1

Hmm, acrobatic biplane... This may be a stepping stone to WW1. If it ultimately proves popular and/or cost effective someone is bound to try a Camel/Fokker combo. The fact that ED approved the CE2 means they’re more open to new ideas than we thought.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rig: i7-6850K, Sapphire 6900XT, 32GB RAM, Asus X99-Pro board.  Gear: VPC WarBRD/MongoosT-50 Stick, VPC MongoosMT-50 Throttle, VKB T-Rudders Mk.IV Pedals, HP Reverb G2.