The Kaukasus Offensive revived!

HiJack

I just had another session with 7 people on blue and no one using the radio working together. If a few people want to get together and work together on SRS at a scheduled time(s) let me know. I fly a10 and can do either blue or red (you can fly a10c on red side right? I have not done that). Call sign Zebra in the game.

:shocking: I didn't know that. Well it's an irrealistic but a very convenient feature :D

I guess you mean "unrealistic" ? It is realistic, communications are encrypted in reality, so you wouldn't be able to understand what somebody is saying if you don't have the encryption key

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

I still remember seeing all red objectives except the airfields (and the last FARP maybe…) were neutralized in one night.

Haven't seen anyone playing alone for quite some time.

LOL, you're exaggerating. Logging off to win ?? seriously… I don't want perfect equality, and you can't deny that 4 blue fighters, 2 strikers, 2 helos against a single red fighter is not a stupid situation. THAT's the thing driving off players from the server. And who knows that such objective restriction in whatever form, something featured in common multiplayer games, wouldn't be beneficial for that campaign ?

Or just put a couple of AI air dominance fighters, but that would hurt the PvP aspect wanted by the mission creator…

Meh, just a Little bit, and it wouldn't make you win, simply stall the campaign.

Thought it WILL drive players off, if you make a 1 to 4 player difference limit before stopping progression, It's either linear (2 for 8 ), basicly no difference to the current situation or disrupt (2 for 6 lets Say, 3 for 7,...), if alot if people want to play blue, the progression will stop, you might not care but you will bother people trying to push, if people don't want to go in red then they'll leave. This idea has flaws (all of them do) and it is going to be a nightmare to code. Simply limiting players would not allow groups to join in most of the time,... It's better to leave things as they are, why do you think no noticable servers have made such a system ?

There's more then JUST that reason why players leave, it's not even at the top of the list if you ask me, i don't leave because there is and armada in front, i defend and trying to push becomes secondary, usually with a little bit of help (1-2 players, depending on the threats) we manage to do so and reinforce.

EDIT : DCS is not a "common" multiplayer game.

Edited by Rex854Warrior
Corrected my opinion on the idea

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Well, if you always leave when you see you are outnumbered, and everyone does that, then you will never get people on your team. If you want to go unchallenged, just play a simple singeplayer mission.

You all have the wrong ideology. Maybe if you stick around, other people will join you. But I guess everyone wants to be a winner and doesn't want to put an effort for their side

'Shadow'

I guess you mean "unrealistic" ? It is realistic, communications are encrypted in reality, so you wouldn't be able to understand what somebody is saying if you don't have the encryption key

I don't think my Ka-50's radio can decrypt signals from Mirages or A-10 in reality…

DCS is not a "common" multiplayer game.

But suffers from "common" human behavior. Let's end that here, we're talking to our hands.

Edited by Bogey Jammer

I'll buy :

МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module

I've flown K.O. for 400+ hours

and this is what I observe:

newcomers are always not happy with something on the server

some are unhappy with great player imbalance, complaining that a single player can wipe out whole map alone in just one night

others are not happy with those numbers of manpads deployed all across the map ...

I have something to say for y'all: this mission is almost perfectly balanced.

If one player can wipe out the whole map in one single night, that's not a case of critical player imbalance. it is a problem of the opposing team, which didn't reinforce their assets too well, so one single player can wipe them all out.

to others not happy with some of the reiforcing methods - well, what can I say. improve your skills, guys. learn to strike in such unfriendly environment. manpads are not impossible to defeat. teamwork is the key. besides, ABRIS is not prohibited in the mission, so even if you're fighting alone, you can see them all displayed on it.

As for me - I don't own a Ka-50 - I only strike in Mirage or Su-25/25T. Strike missions become much more challenging with those hoards of manpads. Make you change your way of thinking, change your approach.

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

it is a problem of the opposing team, which didn't reinforce their assets too well, so one single player can wipe them all out.

What do you suggest against the Kh-25MPU ?

I'll buy :

МиГ-23МЛД & МЛА МиГ-27К МиГ-25 Mirage III F-4E any IJ plane 1950' Korea Dynamic campaign module

the defences on each objective must consist of layers, like a puff pie

4xKh-25MPU's are not enough to kill a whole buk system (consisting of 6 units). Yes, you can take Kh-29T's with you and do pop-up attacks on the remaining units, but it means you'll have to go low--->to the manpads :D and close to the short-range radar SAMs (Tors)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don't think my Ka-50's radio can decrypt signals from Mirages or A-10 in reality…

But suffers from "common" human behavior. Let's end that here, we're talking to our hands.

What signals ? These are radio waves..... and the R-800L14 VHF/UHF can work on frequencies from 100 to 399 mhz.... This is not data link system. It is a radio, with an encryption key....

Not having the big anti radiation missiles is also a big nerf, a single Su-25T can't wipe an objectives Air Defences on one go, especially if there is a chopper repairing them.

Sometimes if you load full SEAD and there are only manpads on the objective you are screwed too, as you can't kill any SAMs as there are non, you don't have a tv pod, as you are doing SEAD, so going in probably will be a suicide. And by the time you go back and re-arm for the proper attack, somebody might have already put out a SAM, so you are screwed again.

Edited by Shadow KT
  • Like 1

'Shadow'

Against Buks yeah you can't take a whole group in one pass, but they are very long to deploy and the effectiveness is limited in mountains due to terrain masking, if not firing at all due to some bug. Tors are easy targets. Then the AAA, unless against Shilkas, the Su-25T takes them out quite easily with Kh-25L. About the manpads, activate IR jammer, drop some flares and you are invincible. Many manpads fire and miss even at straight passive flying targets. Attack them all 1km minimum above them. Theoretically only fighters can stop a complete objective destruction against the Su-25T.

What signals ? These are radio waves..... and the R-800L14 VHF/UHF can work on frequencies from 100 to 399 mhz.... This is not data link system. It is a radio, with an encryption key....

That's the same as data link. You encrypt the signal (audio in that case), pass it over via radio waves then the receiver must decrypt it. Encryption/decryption process consists of the encryption key indeed AND an algorithm. That's the most sensitive part of the communication system and it differs from factions systems, so you definitely can't hear a NATO aircraft conversation with a soviet system, even tuned at the same frequency.

Edited by Bogey Jammer

I'll buy :

Against Buks yeah you can't take a whole group in one pass, but they are very long to deploy and the effectiveness is limited in mountains due to terrain masking, if not firing at all due to some bug.

That's why they usually place Buks on mountain tops (usually on antennas) and at the airfields. A heavily fortified objective usually has 4xDefensive Convoys on it (4xTors, 4xSA-13's/Chapparals, 4xTanks, 4xAAA), manpads in the wild around it and a Buk system on top of its antenna

Tors are easy targets.

not at all

if you've wasted all your MPU's on Buks, it's quite a challenge to destroy a Tor

they're much more pain than the SA-8's for example

Kh-25MPU is not an ultimate weapon at all. It still misses often if launched at <15km. Moreover, SA-15s always try to shoot down the missiles (though not really effectively). I saw them shoot down the mavs.

Then the AAA, unless against Shilkas, the Su-25T takes them out quite easily with Kh-25L.

there are many ways to kill Shilkas in a Su-25T, they're easy targets indeed, but you'll have to deal with the radar sams first

there's no way you could destroy a well fortified objective in one sortie in a Su-25T

About the manpads, activate IR jammer, drop some flares and you are invincible.

not at all... they often hit you from the front or from the sides when you don't expect them... from the back - yeah, they miss, IR jammer helps, flares as well

Many manpads fire and miss even at straight passive flying targets. Attack them all 1km minimum above them. Theoretically only fighters can stop a complete objective destruction against the Su-25T

a well fortified objective can take a whole day to destroy it (without any air resistance). Dean from Red team has proved it many times.

Edited by ZHeN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I don’t see how SU-25T can’t destroy whole objective.. you take 2x 25 MPU, 2x29T for SEAD then 16 vikhrs for everything else, that is more than enough for one KO objective

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What if there's a buk on antenna nearby? And it's dawn, so 29T locks only at 5km? And manpads all around the place?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That's why they usually place Buks on mountain tops (usually on antennas) and at the airfields. A heavily fortified objective usually has 4xDefensive Convoys on it (4xTors, 4xSA-13's/Chapparals, 4xTanks, 4xAAA), manpads in the wild around it and a Buk system on top of its antenna

I presume this is an extreme case, taking a lot of time to build up with many helicopter travels. However it seems that defensive convoys are limited in number, at least for FARPs…

if you've wasted all your MPU's on Buks, it's quite a challenge to destroy a Tor

I thought with MPUs. Tor are obviously hard to destroy without fire and forget missiles.

there's no way you could destroy a well fortified objective in one sortie in a Su-25T

A very well one no, but most of the time yes.

I'll buy :

What if there's a buk on antenna nearby? And it's dawn, so 29T locks only at 5km? And manpads all around the place?

Fly at 6000m minimum, activate jammers, launch a flare every 3 seconds, perform some zigzags in case of, destroy the buk with a Kh-25MPU, RTB. Let the manpads to the Ka-50s

I'll buy :

you take over an objective in a heli with 1xSA-15. after that you call 3xDefensive Convoys - now you have 13 units on objective (you can't call convoys if you have >15 units on it). so now you call 4th convoy. now you have 5xSA-15's, 4xSA-13/Chapparal, 4xAAA, 4 Tanks on an objective - just by spending your cash and actually bringing only 1 unit to it. No buk. May be some manpads.

This would be very hard even for Redbat (he's the best striker I know)

Fly at 6000m minimum, activate jammers, launch a flare every 3 seconds, perform some zigzags in case of, destroy the buk with a Kh-25MPU, RTB. Let the manpads to the Ka-50s

there's no need to waste flares at 6000m... as I said, already, you can't destroy a full Buk system with one full SEAD-loadout ... 4xKh-25MPU's are not enough. so that's already at least two sorties just for SEAD

Ka-50 ? I thought we were talking about a loner wiping objectives out in one night

Edited by ZHeN

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

you take over an objective in a heli with 1xSA-15. after that you call 3xDefensive Convoys - now you have 13 units on objective (you can't call convoys if you have >15 units on it). so now you call 4th convoy. now you have 5xSA-15's, 4xSA-13/Chapparal, 4xAAA, 4 Tanks on an objective - just by spending your cash and actually bringing only 1 unit to it. No buk. May be some manpads.

Thanks for the explanation. For what's next, I can't continue this discussion because #1: each gameplay experience is too different among players, #2: it goes nowhere from the start and I smell hostility now. If you want to play with words, re read my post #146 and notice the expression "as it seems" because I wasn't sure that a solo player done this alone. That should please you enough.

See you in the Kaukasus sky

I'll buy :