DCS Update Patch Notes Discussion Thread

NineLine

Wow! What a huge Christmas surprise in the Change Log! :thumbup:

Thanks to ED and 3rd Party Devs for making this happen. Plenty there to keep us entertained over the Christmas break. Great effort which is much appreciated.

6.977 GB D/L here, which is slowly downloading at between 500 Kb/s - 2.4 Mb/s (South Australia).

Merry Christmas to you all.

Boy you are in for a surprise..

Win10 64, MSI Krait Gaming Z370, I7 8700K, Geforce 1080Ti FTW3 ,32 GB Ram, Samsung 980 EVO SSD

Modules: Combind Arms, A-10C, F-86F, F/A-18, F-16, Flaming Cliffs, KA-50, L-39, P-51, UH-1, Christen Eagle II, Persian Gulf

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My update was 1,4xx mb's ..... Guess it might be related to how many modules are owned..?

Big surprise was the A10C upgrade - loving it so much I barely flew the Hornet to check out the TWS - and not sure when I will even bother getting back in the Hornet. Loving the new feel and much improved view of the HUD (along with other components) in VR!!!!!! Great job, much appreciated.

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Yes, I am having the same issue. I always play on the 4YA Training Servers on the Open Beta Version. Since the update, I have not been able to play. I can get to the server menu, select the aircraft and begin to spawn in. But while loading into the aircraft, the game immediately crashes me. Not sure what is going on. I have cleared out all my log files, fxo folder and metashaders folder and it did not fix it.

Yes, I am having the same issue. I always play on the 4YA Training Servers on the Open Beta Version. Since the update, I have not been able to play. I can get to the server menu, select the aircraft and begin to spawn in. But while loading into the aircraft, the game immediately crashes me. Not sure what is going on. I have cleared out all my log files, fxo folder and metashaders folder and it did not fix it.

This was happening on a private server (that a dynamic mission is being built that is one of a kind). The creator sorted out the problem, and posted it to someone within ED - so hopefully they come up with a fix for all. He was able to sort it out locally and implement the correction on his server - so I'd imagine it will come in a hot fix very soon. Hang in there!

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

6Zw3rHK.jpg

My speeds were literally like this, just the other way round. 100MBit/s (40 up) in the middle of Europe here. Always upping way more than getting in torrents... took a long while, but I'm glad I didn't run into errors.

Wanted to try the Harrier FF fix, ran into some issues with the EHSD DATA OSB, but then had quite some fun with that thing. She can cruise again and I finally managed to get some time hovering in VR for the first time (because she doesn't run dry in no time anymore) and that was a blast. So much easier to control, just like the choppers. I even did this at the usual shooting gallery, punching some trucks with the GAU-12 while hovering... made my day and was great to practice hovering that thing.

So much more to try out still icon_redface.gif

dcsdashie-hb-ed.jpg

Overall, great patch chaps.

Was enjoying a solid frame rate in Normandy with trees maxed out. Looks lovely

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

• ED Team
Is a hotfix planned for the CTD wingman issue?

I hope that this should be fixed over the christmas holidays :-/.

Team are testing a fix currently, will likely see a Friday hotfix.

Thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Hi ED

Have you stopped the new patch?

Still no update for me here in Denmark.

Just updated 2hours ago(germany). Are you sure you are using the DCS Open Beta and not the Stable branch of the game?

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Which command do you use to update? Below is copy paste from my "update" shortcut:

"C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\DCS_updater.exe" update

Yeah it was the one,

I have now done it via windows command prompt and it works.

Thnx guys.

Thanks ED for this great Christmas present! A10C cockpit looks amazing, didn't expect the Normandy update that looks great, love the F/A-18C goodies and the F-16 wingflex caused me a stiff neck, looking at the wings constantly banking and yanking around in VR last night.

• ED Team
Hi ED

Have you stopped the new patch?

Still no update for me here in Denmark.

Should be ok, make sure you are on the open beta version. If you still have problems please PM me and I will try to help you.

thanks

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
W O W.....The Warthog pit is insanely detailed and textured !!! Thank You very much to The DCS Team and a Very Merry Christmas to you and your Family!!

tumblr-nh6x01-Wvu-I1ta4f2po1-r2-500.gif

Thanks ED for this great Christmas present! A10C cockpit looks amazing, didn't expect the Normandy update that looks great, love the F/A-18C goodies and the F-16 wingflex caused me a stiff neck, looking at the wings constantly banking and yanking around in VR last night.

Thanks for the kind words.

• ED Team

We have some more tweaks coming for the A-10C cockpit. :)

I would vote the A-10C new cockpit to be the best of all modules in dcs for me.

Clarity of text, dials and gauages, texture and some new layout of consoles and panel are truly amazing. Wishing this level of design can be extended to the Hornet and Viper in future.

I am so happy there are no weathered components to the new cockpit, this improves it's usefulness for me.

Sitting there and looking at the panels, buttons and switches is so eye pleasing.

The A-10C is coming out of decommision for me as I want to redo my training tutorials again.

Astonishing job by ED and I hope this brings in some good sales for the company. Thank you.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

i noticed that my frames in VR didn't reduce as much as they did when many players online were dumping smokes in the same place. Coming off AO just now, at least 12 smokewinders of all colours were painting the sky over Kob and usually i notice a bit of jerkiness if i look into the thick of something like this in VR, but today there was no noticeable issue...

I'm not sure i recall this being mentioned, how or why it might be, but great job regardless, thx

. . . . . . .

Every module/ map except the dual winged joke.