DCS World 1.2.7 Released

My DCS World doesn't detect there is a newer version yet, although the 1.2.7 version is available to download through the ED site... :(

I see they are on the website now.

I assume the update will soon be recognized by the DCSW 1.2.6 auto-updater and not only by the open beta version.

'Frett'

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see they are on the website now.

I assume the update will soon be recognized by the DCSW 1.2.6 auto-updater and not only by the open beta version.

Yeah, will have some patience... What I found weird though, is that the Steam version of DCS World already started updating, but the stand alone version not yet. It's the first time in all my gaming years that Steam actually was faster with updating a game than the stand alone version.

Intel i9 10850k | Noctua NH-U12A | Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Elite AC | Patriot Viper Steel 64gb @3600MT/s | ASUS TUF RX 7900 XTX OC | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | HP Reverb G2

ok, quick Q. I updated 1.2.7 and removed 1.2.6

Do I have to download the entire 1.2.7 allover again?

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

open beta 1.2.7u2 = release 1.2.7 .... wtf??

The release version of 1.2.7 is the same as the last open beta version 1.2.7u2.

What about the still existing, not really insignificant bugs? I.e. I can't really fly the A-10C as I am still unable to save the control settings (or at least, the MFD settings for the Thrustmaster MFDs can't be set). Some AI bugs that could be potentially mission breaking (i.e. unresponsive ground units). And some more?

Wasn't the goal to release a version that does not introduce new (significant) bugs? :huh:

edit:

correction. there are differencies between the version. for example, the "floating huey cockpit" seems to be fixed (ty!). But .LUA wise, they are identical (except 1 change - maybe related to the "saving FFB settings"-bug)

Edited by Flagrum

It looks like the actual official release isn't on the download servers just yet, ? Hopefully an announcement is made once it is.

You mean control setting saves whilst inflight? Just do it the standard way. No problems here with the standard way on thrustmaster MFD controllers.

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

G.SKILL TridentX 2400Mhz 32GB DDR3

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Samsung 55" JS8000 SUHD 4K

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals

Custom Akers-Barnes, MkI eyeball.

Waiting for official announcement when downloads can begin... :(

Current Flight Rig

i7 4960X @ 4.6Ghz

ASUS Rampage IV Formula

G.SKILL TridentX 2400Mhz 32GB DDR3

Crucial 1TB MX300 SSD

MSI Gaming X 1080Ti

Samsung 55" JS8000 SUHD 4K

Windows 10 x64

TrackIR 5, Warthog HOTAS

Saitek Pro Flight Combat Pedals

Custom Akers-Barnes, MkI eyeball.

Wow, indeed.

I'm going to wait with auto-updating my 1.2.6 installation to 1.2.6.99999.3 to see what this is about :huh:

It seems that it's an updater change. After clicking OK a few times it asked me again to go from 1.2.6.99999.3 to 1.2.7.something.

All good :)

Per Ardua Ad Aquarium :drink:

Specs: Intel i7-9700K, GTX 2080TI, 32GB DDR4, ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E, Samsung 970 EVO NVMe M.2

Yup, all good. 1.2.6.<lots of nines> seemed merely an Auto Updater - update. After updating, the thing asks to update to 1.2.7.

Intel i9 10850k | Noctua NH-U12A | Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Elite AC | Patriot Viper Steel 64gb @3600MT/s | ASUS TUF RX 7900 XTX OC | Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVMe | HP Reverb G2

It looks like the actual official release isn't on the download servers just yet, ? Hopefully an announcement is made once it is.

You mean control setting saves whilst inflight? Just do it the standard way. No problems here with the standard way on thrustmaster MFD controllers.

Don't know about the official autoupdate for 1.2.6, but even the change log is just a combination of the open beta change logs up to 1.2.7u2 ob.

As for the MFDs - as reported in the open beta bug forums: when hitting "Ok" after I made changes, the .lua config files for the MFDs are not saved correctly, the resulting .lua files are broken/crippled and thus losing any button assignments. This happens from within a mission as well as from the menu Options->Controls.

Yesterday ED announced that DCS: FC3 will be availible in the first quarter of 2014. But the changelog today state that:

"With DCS version 1.2.7 an installation of Lock On: Modern Air Combat is no longer required for FC3 installation"

Does this really mean, that I can buy FC3 now and it will be fully integrated into DCS: World?

[sIGPIC]sigpic70266_4.gif[/sIGPIC]

Snooze-81st-vFS

The main goals of v1.2.7 were to squash many existing bugs with a huge focus on multiplayer stability and to provide a platform for the UH-1H Release version. The purpose of the Open Beta was to provide updates in stages to be mass-tested, before issuing a release patch that may have potentially introduced more show stopping crashes than fixes.

The MFD bug you refer to has been fixed in our internal version (as stated at the end of your open beta bug report thread), but unfortunately was not integrated into v1.2.7 before feature lock. It will be included in a future update.

Rest assured all of the other reported issues are being looked at and dealt with. It cannot reasonably be expected that every single outstanding issue to be fixed before the release of a new patch, otherwise patches would never be released. :)

It is, of course, a balance of how severe a problem is, the time required to identify and fix it, and how likely it is to break the current stable version of the program. We're getting there!

As for the change logs being identical between Open Beta and Final ... that is the nature of an Open Beta. You release, test, make fixes, and update the beta product. Once the beta product is stable you release that stable version as-is, without introducing any major additional changes between Stable Open Beta and Release. Then you move on to the next round of updates. A release patch change log is rarely much different from the most recent beta change log in any development environment I've ever dealt with.

Onward we go! :pilotfly:

Robert Sogomonian | Psyrixx

website| e-mail | blog | youtube | twitter

We'll need to setup every aircraft again or can we just copy and paste the settings from DCS 1.2.7 beta to the final version? Please, tell me that it's possible.:noexpression:

Intel 8700K@4.7ghz(all cores) / 32Gb DDR4 /WD Black SN750 Heatsink 500gb (DCS Only) / MSI GeForce RTX 2070 GAMING Z 8G / Windows 10 PRO / VPC WarBRD Base + Warthog Stick + Foxx Mount / Thrustmaster TPR pedals / Thustmaster MFD / Thrustmaster Warthog throttle + Monstertech chair mount

I do miss the engine smoke effects on the latest beta. I can't see them any more on the F15 and Su27. According to the changelog they have just been adjusted but i cant see a trace of them. I know there were those who felt they were not realistic but I loved them. Perhaps they will be more apparent on the actual 1.2.7 release?

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

The main goals of v1.2.7 were to squash many existing bugs with a huge focus on multiplayer stability and to provide a platform for the UH-1H Release version. The purpose of the Open Beta was to provide updates in stages to be mass-tested, before issuing a release patch that may have potentially introduced more show stopping crashes than fixes.

The MFD bug you refer to has been fixed in our internal version (as stated at the end of your open beta bug report thread), but unfortunately was not integrated into v1.2.7 before feature lock. It will be included in a future update.

Rest assured all of the other reported issues are being looked at and dealt with. It cannot reasonably be expected that every single outstanding issue to be fixed before the release of a new patch, otherwise patches would never be released. :)

It is, of course, a balance of how severe a problem is, the time required to identify and fix it, and how likely it is to break the current stable version of the program. We're getting there!

As for the change logs being identical between Open Beta and Final ... that is the nature of an Open Beta. You release, test, make fixes, and update the beta product. Once the beta product is stable you release that stable version as-is, without introducing any major additional changes between Stable Open Beta and Release. Then you move on to the next round of updates. A release patch change log is rarely much different from the most recent beta change log in any development environment I've ever dealt with.

Onward we go! :pilotfly:

Allright, I am calming down already ... :o)

Ofc I did not expect that every single, small bug would be corrected before the official release. But there are at least a few that should not be present in the release version, imho (again, that CA AI bug for example). I just hoped/expected that this, 1.2.7u3, would have dealt with some more of those bugs (and thus, resulting in another change log).

But anyhow, at least quite a few bugs were discovered and documented.

Oh, and tbh, as I just found out, it actually seems that there might be a little more under the hood that the (not extended) change log suggests. Like the Huey floating cockpit bug and even the Huey throttle non-proportionality bug seems to be fixed (hint: turn off GOV AUTO)