03 and 07 May 2013 Updates

They already have the 3D pit for the eagle and Flanker.

I do believe the 27 can shovel mud..

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

• Replies 786
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe the 15 and 27 will be internal.

O yes!! If the 27 is also internal,

I may never leave the house with all these aircraft coming out!

My love affair with ED and DCS is getting out of control :megalol:

also they already have a exterior model ( so does the hornet) and a great lookn cockpit for those aircraft

Add to that with the new cockpits already done and IIRC my man Skatezilla said they already had "connectors" modeled as well. Skates if I am wrong dont beat me up too badly. :)

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

O yes!! If the 27 is also internal,

I may never leave the house with all these aircraft coming out!

It's worth noting that the excellence of DCS: Huey means that third party doesn't necessarily equal lower quality.

i7-7700K @ 4.9Ghz | 16Gb DDR4 @ 3200Mhz | MSI Z270 Gaming M7 | MSI GeForce GTX 1080ti Gaming X | Win 10 Home | Thrustmaster Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Oculus Rift S

Well, Sidewinder FF2 users will still be on the ground for a while. Sad.:(

Intel 8700K@4.7ghz(all cores) / 32Gb DDR4 /WD Black SN750 Heatsink 500gb (DCS Only) / MSI GeForce RTX 2070 GAMING Z 8G / Windows 10 PRO / VPC WarBRD Base + Warthog Stick + Foxx Mount / Thrustmaster TPR pedals / Thustmaster MFD / Thrustmaster Warthog throttle + Monstertech chair mount

It's worth noting that the excellence of DCS: Huey means that third party doesn't necessarily equal lower quality.

:music_whistling:

indeed.

Now, cos all DCS modules will be available to all countries in game.....

I can go about finishing off my F-15C / Eagle F-2a camo for the UK side...

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

:music_whistling:

indeed.

+100 :thumbup:

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional

Sorry I never meant to mean lower quality, I have the Huey and I agree it's amazing quality and well worth the DCS pedigree

It seems that 3rd party are taking a while to get used to DCS, so an internal aircraft should have a quicker time to market.

Sorry I never meant to mean lower quality, I have the Huey and I agree it's amazing quality and well worth the DCS pedigree

It seems that 3rd party are taking a while to get used to DCS, so an internal aircraft should have a quicker time to market.

Well, it a new engine to them so yes it will take time to learn something new.

Man oh man oh man... I knew they were gonna release the Eagle before the Hornet! Makes sense when you think about it. No carrier ops, no A/G radar, already got the cockpit modeled.

While I'm disappointed about the lack of multirole, I think it will still be amazing and an absolute day one purchase for me. Throw in the Flanker and we can have realistic A/A combat and ground attack missions with dedicated CAP.

Shame we still won't be able to unleash HARM's for a while though.

Man oh man oh man... I knew they were gonna release the Eagle before the Hornet! Makes sense when you think about it. No carrier ops, no A/G radar, already got the cockpit modeled.

While I'm disappointed about the lack of multirole, I think it will still be amazing and an absolute day one purchase for me. Throw in the Flanker and we can have realistic A/A combat and ground attack missions with dedicated CAP.

Shame we still won't be able to unleash HARM's for a while though.

I agree, I feel the F-15C and Su-27 will provide some quick cash for them also, since the majority or some of the work is already done. The F-18C will be more complicated with its air and ground modes and associated radars, not to mention carrier ops. I'll buy the F-15C on day one....

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

Hi all, maybe it's actually better than what was first thought, this is a picture of an S-27.

Maybe just maybe, after all who would want an Su-27SM when you have this beast. :hehe:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Short_S.27

800px-Improved_Short_S.27.jpg

brrm brrm

:megalol::megalol:

fantastic find! :thumbup:

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

I would have liked to see the hornet out before anything else as well. F15 and 27 seem too limited. But, that being said I have never faulted DCS for the quality of any of their products and will most likely get the F15. The huey kind of disappointed me with the $50 price tag so that one will remain on the shelf. Thanks for the great work and updates ED!

So is F/A-18 after the 15? I really, really hope not

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

wow I really love the idea of the F-15C with DCS quality, taking off, engaging and landing will be amazing. BUT as others said it i would much rather the F-18C first since in the end the Eagle is a 1 trick pony.

I can also see how it's a better business decision since it if they release the F-18 first most people will just fly that one and not really bother with the F-15C since it's just an air to air aircraft. Plus I'm sure everybody will want the F-18C with full blown Carrier Ops and im sure ED is aware.

So maybe ED should just release the F-16 :D it's an F-18 without carrier ops.

• Like 1

Nero

27" iMac, 3.4GHz i7 Quad Core, 16GB Ram, AMD Radeon HD 6970M 2Gb, Running Bootcamp, Windows 7 Home 64bit, Saitek X-52 Pro

Did AFM for takeoffs & landings ever make it into FC3? Just thinking if not all the more reason to get these birds into the DCS realm quickly and to go along with...

I can also see how it's a better business decision since it if they release the F-18 first most people will just fly that one and not really bother with the F-15C since it's just an air to air aircraft.

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

Windows 10 Professional