F-15C v3.0??

Eagle7907

F-15C and F-15E will be in service until 2040.

New weapons such as AIM-120D and its replacement, AIM-9X-Block2. New mission and weapon for anti-satellite work. Tactical airborne laser.

It's unlikely the F-15C will be in US service until 2040..

based on their current wear rates, I suspect the C's will be gone by 2025/2030.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe that is referred to 'Blackbox emulation'. I recall training with a device, at Fort Sill, (in Artillery School), for Battlespace Asset Deconfliction (BAD), great acronym. The battle simulator emulated operation of certain classified aspects, as a black box. User does not necessarily has to know what happens inside a gadget, for him to use it. Fire suppourt observer element sends in to coordinated to Fire Direction Center (FDC). THen FDC then spits out gun data for elevation and azimuth, and trajectory profile. How it did that was 'classified', but it was not critical to training with an emulator, vs. a real detailed simulator.

New wing box and , and its good to go. Well according to Boeing and USAF anyway. F-22 was not procured 1 to 1 basis with F-15. So F-15 will soldier on until either Congress authorizes new F-22 build, or 6th gen platform (the Penetrating Counter Air) is flying. B-52 will fly for 85 years and is not due to retire until after 2040. A-10C is getting new wing box and new wings so that will fly into 2030's. Aircraft life is measured in flight hours, G loads, and cycles. Not physical years.

F-35 is awesome, but we cannot expect F-35 to do everything everyone may want it to. GAO is estimating that PCA platform will cost $300 million per airframe. That is just completely unaffordable. We need to get back to some basics of air combat.

New wing box and , and its good to go. Well according to Boeing and USAF anyway. F-22 was not procured 1 to 1 basis with F-15. So F-15 will soldier on until either Congress authorizes new F-22 build, or 6th gen platform (the Penetrating Counter Air) is flying. B-52 will fly for 85 years and is not due to retire until after 2040. A-10C is getting new wing box and new wings so that will fly into 2030's. Aircraft life is measured in flight hours, G loads, and cycles. Not physical years.

F-35 is awesome, but we cannot expect F-35 to do everything everyone may want it to. GAO is estimating that PCA platform will cost $300 million per airframe. That is just completely unaffordable. We need to get back to some basics of air combat.

From what I have been reading the F-15 still provides certain capabilities at a lower operational cost than an F-35 can. So the Pentagon is pushing the USAF to keep the F-15 around by either upgrading the aging F-15C/D or buying an all new F-15X.

http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/25636/usafs-next-budget-request-will-include-new-f-15x-advanced-eagle-fighter-jets-report

And the USAF has been dragging their feet in getting new wing boxes for the A-10. They seem to just want to be rid of it.

http://www.thedrive.com/the-war-zone/21158/usaf-wont-get-any-new-a-10-wings-for-a-decade-and-thats-bad-news-for-the-warthog?iid=sr-link1

Edited by Evoman

USAG/ANG cannot get rid of A-10A/C. Air Force has an explicit mandate from Congress, to provide close air support to Army and Army National Guard. This has legal weight of a fully lawfull order from US Government. USAF must provide CAS , there is no choice, not even POTUS can override it. It is written into 1947 Defense Authorization Act that made USAF as separate service, it is Federal Law. A-10 is something of a 'darling' with US Senators and with American people. Most A-10s in service are in Air National Guard in many states. They have ear of Senators and Congressmen. A USAF General pushing too hard to retire A-10 is likely to find himself on retirement list. Army loves A-10, Marines love A-10 (and HarrierII), JSOC loves A-10. A-10 is in too high of demand to be retired.

Aren't there countries still flying the C model Hornet?

Yes, the US being one of them.

Modules: [A-10C] [AJS 37] [AV8B N/A] [F-5E] [F-14] [F/A-18C] [FC3] [Ka-50] [M-2000C] [Mig-21 bis] [NTTR] [PG] [SC]

Intel i7-12700F, Nvidia GTX 3080, MSI MPG Z690 Carbon WiFi, 32GB DDR4 @ 1600 MHz, SteelSeries Apex Pro, Razer Basilisk 3

VKB Gunfighter 3 w/ F-14 grip, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster MFD Cougars x2, MFG Crosswind,

DSD Flight Series button controller, XK-24, Oculus Rift (HM-A)

Repeaté: We are getting an F-15E.

You guys know it can SPAMRAAM and perform A2A equally well, right? It's just not A2A ONLY thanks to the sensor pods on the belly. You're GETTING a fully modeled, technically more advanced, two-seat F-15 with extensive A2G capabilities

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

You guys know it can SPAMRAAM and perform A2A equally well, right? It's just not A2A ONLY thanks to the sensor pods on the belly. You're GETTING a fully modeled, technically more advanced, two-seat F-15 with extensive A2G capabilities

There were already discussions about it and E is not equal to C in A2A. There are reasons aircraft are used in their primary roles. If I wanted spamramming the Hornet can actually take 10 onboard.

Yeah, I will jump to E whenever it's ready but still want the C as far as this is a wishlist.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

I hope F-15C MISP II from mid '80 and Desert Storm would be available to model. It's a legend, possibly the most successful fighter of XX centaury.

Modern planes will never have any full fidelity red counterparts anyway (even low fidelity MiG-29 and Su-27 are from 1985-1995) and main DCS enviroment, ground units, SAMs, radars, ships etc. is '80s to mid '90s. Not to mention post 2000 fighters systems, phased radars, ECMs and other electronic is classified to the point we would have complete fiction in the game.

Edited by bies

Yes, and we want an ASM F-15C.

You guys know it can SPAMRAAM and perform A2A equally well, right?

On a base level they may seem like the same, but they are not. The F-15C is the superior A2A machine.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

The most successful fighter of Gen.4 aircraft is F-16C. Of Gen 3 Mig-21

Both have so many variants and local mods that English alphabet is likely to have been exhausted. Both have been in many wars. Even today, NATO aviation operational doctrine and planning, for Central and Eastern European high intensity conflict is based around F-16C/D Block 50 and 52. NATO & USAF F-16C CCIP has brought European F-16C/D force to Block50 or 52.

For helicopter

UH-1 family in all its variants including licence built European variants.

MIL-24/35 So many variants that Wikipedia page on MIL-24 and derivative MIL-35 is dedicated to it, apart from main MIL-24 wikipage.

The most successful fighter of Gen.4 aircraft is F-16C. Of Gen 3 Mig-21

These are most build not most successful to be exact.

"In service with all nations, the F-15 has an air-to-air combat record of 104 kills to no losses as of February 2008" and F-16 is rather multirole than A2A.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Wondering if the F-15C would/could ever become a hifi module? I understand security boundaries, but if ED can make an FA-18C, why the hell cant an F-15C? Both are retired/retiring from USAF/USN.

Also, would you buy it? I most certainly would, and I already have FC version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The F-15C is not retiring anytime soon. There's nothing to replace it! The F-22 is too few in numbers to do that and the F-35 is not capable of doing that...

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

The F-15C radar has gone through a lot of upgrades and changes. They could use an earlier version of the radar that isn't so classified. I'm sure that the F/A-18C radar has classified capabilities that will never be seen in DCS...

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

• 2 weeks later...

Or hey, do an F15A... ZOMG not uber nato air... Well, I guess it still is uber compared to RedAir...

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

The F-15C is not retiring anytime soon. There's nothing to replace it! The F-22 is too few in numbers to do that and the F-35 is not capable of doing that...

And they did just get funding for more F-15s, too.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

The other red-herrings surrounding classified systems aside, I'd wager large chunks of various systems are just black boxed in DCS. Especially the more sensitive stuff like RWR, IFF, various sensors, various aspects of radar etc. So I don't really see a big reason not to do it, or if it is a problem do the A model with the analog APG-63.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

• 2 weeks later...

Basically I'm a big fan/supporter for every vehicle (Ship, Submarine, Tank, 747 ...) in DCS level, and I wish with MAC product line, we get rid of confusing game options in DCS product line.

DCS: F-15C Eagle / DCS: F-15E Strike Eagle are big plus :)

Let's fly together for the sake of peace :)

With the current state, I don't think we will be able to get anything that is higher than the AN/APG-63 V1 (1990s upgrade) (V2 and V3 are AESA radars, they are pretty much still classified). Although, even the original APG-63 is still in service.

So to ask for a MSIP II Eagle that has datalink, GPS, JHMCS, AIM-9X around 2004 era that comes equipped with the OG 63 or the V1 is a very realistic ask. I would settle for the OG 63 with more radar modes too (Super Search, RAID... etc).

But by the end of the day, i think ED simply doesn't have much interests in the Eagle at current state. After Belsimtek got absorbed, i pretty much lost all hopes because they were the only one who cared about the Eagle and now they are following ED plans of doing something else that will bring more people/revenue in. Eagle drivers (who stick with the plane) are a niche thing in this flight sim community as most people wants multi-role, not just air superiority.

Working on updates...

Well because of the Hornet they are snuggle friends with Boeing now, hopefully they can repeat the success. The F-15 is also a McDonnel Douglas, I don’t think belsimtek forgot. I just think they know they have no hope of doing anything until F-16/Mi-24/F-4E trifecta is done

Black Shark Den Squadron Member: We are open to new recruits, click here to check us out or apply to join! https://blacksharkden.com

E3FFFC01-584A-411C-8AFB-B02A23157EB6.jpeg

I think they want to flesh out mature systems of full fidelity such as the revamped radar, possibly new RWR modeling and whatever they have in mind and sell them in new modules like the Hornet and the Viper.

Comparatively I imagine it would be a bad business decision to work on upgrading an aircraft that already exists on a lower level of fidelity. You get more revenue from selling completely new things.

I hope once they are done with this they will bring the F-15C to an equal level :) The Cat and the Bug are cool, but an Eagle.. now that's something! :D