DCS 2nd free map

ebabil

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because I live in switzerland, I would love to have the swiss alps, but with all the cities and so on it would be way to expensive to give away for free. It is also to similar to the caucasus region, and does not have any sea-acces for carriers.

Louis|Dancer, foundation member of the digital Swiss Air Force, a group of enthusiasts trying to imitate everything that has to do with Swiss military aviation on dcs. If you want to join us, contact us via instagram.

our youtube chanel:dSAF

our instagram:dSAF

my rusty pc: msi gtx1080ti / ryzen 5 2600x / ga-ab350 gaming motherboard / 16gb ram / rift cv1 / warthog

I imagine North Atlantic with Iceland in the center a nice free map:

Lots of open water for carrier ops, some ground to conquer, few buildings & trees make its creation not too costly for a free product.

Including Faeroer Islands and maybe add some bases on the costal regions of Inverness, Bergen and eastern Greenland, that would give a huge and versatile playground.

Red Storm Rising, anyone?

an air-quake leaning map set up for facilitating competitive MAC play

That's definitely a possibility. But even a generic map can be good if it's visually attractive and versatile.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

For free, somewhere with Islands makes sense.

More interesting, you could make two versions with minimal work, WW2 and Modern versions. (Same map data, just different structures)

While i think one could expect more than just some island and lots of water from a new map (even if it is indeed free of charge), i agree that it would be cool to have a map with two versions, one catering to WWII/early cold war and the other roughly catering to late cold war/contemporary.

If the map is set in a more remote area of the world, it could be enough to have different set of airfields, different civilian autogen and maybe some military infrastructure that would need to get changed to cater to a different time period.

You know what would be great? A South East Asian map!! ie. Vietnam/Cambodia/Laos/Thailand. This would allow us to do a proper Vietnam campaign (huey, Mi8, etc).

We need jungle and lots of it!! Alternatively South America would be great eg. Colombia, Venezuela, Ecuador, Peru, etc

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

Didn't Wags have an Iraq module icon of some sort at the bottom of one of his live streams? Iraq-Kuwait would go well with all the Gen 4 jets available/incoming. Then again Iran-Iraq would go better with the Su-25T, the one free jet, though obviously that'd still be fictional. A Cold War era European map would definitely have great potential, but I imagine that'd be pretty elaborate for a free map.

Would be very nice to have plain water map, but with spherical geo shape so you wont see ships from 30 miles from deck level.

ППС  АВТ 100 60 36  Ф <  |  >  !  ПД  К

i5-10600k/32GB 3600/SSD NVME/4070ti/2560x1440'32/VPC T-50 VPC T-50CM3 throttle Saitek combat rudder

I put my money on a baltic map. Eastern Sweden, Denmark, South West Finland, Western Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania. Kaliningrad, Northern Germany and Poland. So many scenarios from the start of the cold war to present day. Viggens, Hornets and F16´s over the baltic and the Islands of Bornholm, Öland and Gotland " Our static aircraft carrier"

Intel Core i7-8700 3,20GHz - EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti SC2 - 32Gb Ram - DCS on 500 GB SSD - Windows 10 - Thrusmaster Warthog - Thrustmaster TPR pedals - Track Ir 5 - Samsung Odyssey+

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.virtualredarrows.com

I put my money on a baltic map. Eastern Sweden, Denmark, South West Finland, Western Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania. Kaliningrad, Northern Germany and Poland. So many scenarios from the start of the cold war to present day. Viggens, Hornets and F16´s over the baltic and the Islands of Bornholm, Öland and Gotland " Our static aircraft carrier"

Financially stupid to release this as a Free map :P Great commercial potential.

Free maps will be a lot simpler - by the nature of it.

Maybe Northern Norway, Sweden, Finland and the Russian Kola Peninsula. Would be a great place for NATO planes at Norwegian bases, Viggens and Finnish Hornets aswell as a lot of sea for Carriers of all sorts. Not many big citys to model but instead beautiful scenery (Norwegian Fjords for example).

Skickat från min D5503 via Tapatalk

A scandinavian map is planned by Heatblur already.

Wasn't someone making an iwo jima map ??? Maybe E.D. have picked that up.

SD

The Iwo Jima map was planned by Leatherneck Simulations and there are hints that those plans still exist.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Krimea dont coming by the "political problem" into Ukrania and Russia.

Isn't it exact reason for doing the map if the conflicts really happen there? DCS doesn't have to draw the border or tell wich land belongs to whom.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

Kurils.

Brings in the Asian Market

Mostly sea and dramatic terrain without the harsh road/river/electricity/key points of interest detail that would bog down development time.

Contested

Works since WW2

Has major factions all in a relatively small place including, China, Japan, Russia.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Please let it be the Fulda gap, with a hole lot of new and updated cold war AI units on both sides.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |