How to run one PC (host) and another one (client) on the same network?!

First thing first, I read whatever was available about the topic so far;

- https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=185064

- https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=127230

- https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2200921&postcount=24

- etc.

While they are all valuable, none of them help me with my actual problem.

I just built a new PC for the sole purpose of playing games, mainly DCS. After installing DCS stand alone 2.5.4 and created a new profile, I set few things right away;

1. Portforwarded (TCP and UDP are both green for 10308)

2. http://canyouseeme.org is giving me a "succeed" message.

3. my PC is on a static IP address.

4. My firewall is allowing both DCS and DCS_updater to go through the wall.

5. Connected the PC on an ethernet hub, which goes straight to my router.

Along with the new PC, I also connected my laptop and tested the same way than above.

I can see and play each computer individually on MP servers and can host MP missions for others to see BUT I can't get the two machines to see each others. regardless if it is through the server listing, LAN or "connect by IP". using the latter gives me a "address not available" message.

To make sure I did not have any conflicts,

- I left my PC on the ethernet network and got the laptop on wireless, assuming it could solve a potential ethernet hub issue.

- I used the fixed IP address from my PC network adapter for my laptop "connect by IP" multiplayer option.

- I used the IP from my portforwarding for the laptop "connect by IP".

So, I am now running out of ideas. What can't my computers see each others?

p.s. I did not go with a dedicated server because I want to be able to access the game at any time instead of just running in the background without in-game access.

Edited by strikers_blade

My systems:

Windows 10 64 bits

I7-8700k

32.0 GB RAM

500Gb SSD

Asus ROG 2080ti

HP Reverb

Windows 10 64 bits

I7-6820HQ CPU @ 2.70Ghz

32.0 GB RAM

500Gb SSD

Nvidia Quadro M4000M

TrackIR 5

I suggest to use a different TCP Port for both machines, so you will need two separate port-forwards.

Use 10308 for one PC and 10309 for the other.

You need the Laptop to have always the same IP address, but it is not advisable to use a static IP with it, as it would impede taking it to another place. Instead, edit the DHCP feature of your Router and "reserve" a specific IP address for your Laptop .. use that specific IP on the port forward rule.

Hope it works.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

First thing first, I read whatever was available about the topic so far;

- https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=185064

- https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=127230

- https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2200921&postcount=24

- etc.

While they are all valuable, none of them help me with my actual problem.

I just built a new PC for the sole purpose of playing games, mainly DCS. After installing DCS stand alone 2.5.4 and created a new profile, I set few things right away;

1. Portforwarded (TCP and UDP are both green for 10308)

2. http://canyouseeme.org is giving me a "succeed" message.

3. my PC is on a static IP address.

4. My firewall is allowing both DCS and DCS_updater to go through the wall.

5. Connected the PC on an ethernet hub, which goes straight to my router.

Along with the new PC, I also connected my laptop and tested the same way than above.

I can see and play each computer individually on MP servers and can host MP missions for others to see BUT I can't get the two machines to see each others. regardless if it is through the server listing, LAN or "connect by IP". using the latter gives me a "address not available" message.

To make sure I did not have any conflicts,

- I left my PC on the ethernet network and got the laptop on wireless, assuming it could solve a potential ethernet hub issue.

- I used the fixed IP address from my PC network adapter for my laptop "connect by IP" multiplayer option.

- I used the IP from my portforwarding for the laptop "connect by IP".

So, I am now running out of ideas. What can't my computers see each others?

p.s. I did not go with a dedicated server because I want to be able to access the game at any time instead of just running in the background without in-game access.

The quickest way if you want use one of your machine to host the mission, and the other join the multiplayer server of the first one, is enabling the IPv6 on both machine.

Go on Network Configuration Panel ( press Win+R ant type ncpa.cpl and press enter) => right click on your LAN or WiFi card and select properties, check the TCP/IPv6

If you can't see the server in this way, you have a firewall that is blocking connection between the two machines

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

I'm also having an issue with sort of the same thing, but not exactly. For me, I am hosting a server on one PC and trying to join from another. I am using two different accounts. They are both on the same network. The server actually does show up in the list, however when I click to join, it shows the address as being a very odd combination of letters and numbers (which is definitely not my public or private IP address). I click join, and nothing happens.

When I try to connect by IP using the local LAN address, though, it does indeed say address unavailable.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I use a VPN for my rig, leaving the servers on the static IP solved the problem.

| i9 9900K Octa Core 2TB SSD +32GB Spectrix DDR4 @3200MHz RGB | 2 x Radeon RX480 in Crossfire. | TrackIR5 HOTAS Warthog,MFG Crosswind Pedals | Cougar MFDs |

[OCG] Oceanic Combat Group

discord.gg/ZmXEBSU

"Through The Inferno"

by deadlyfishes

Official Australian Servers

SRS: All Servers have Auto-Connect Enabled

Server 1: TTI Caucasus

Server 2: TTI Persian Gulf

Server 3: OCG Training

Server 4: OCG NTTR & Multiplayer Missions

Australian Website

AU Discord Server

I'm also having an issue with sort of the same thing, but not exactly. For me, I am hosting a server on one PC and trying to join from another. I am using two different accounts. They are both on the same network. The server actually does show up in the list, however when I click to join, it shows the address as being a very odd combination of letters and numbers (which is definitely not my public or private IP address). I click join, and nothing happens.

When I try to connect by IP using the local LAN address, though, it does indeed say address unavailable.

probably it was your IPv6 address what you have seen.

If you're not able to connect, check firewall, always manually add port and don't "trust" the default application allowance that windows do for program.

FlighRIG => CPU: RyZen 5900x | RAM: 64GB Corsair 3000Mhz | GPU: nVIDIA RTX 4090 FE | OS Storage: SSD NVMe Samsung 850 Pro 512GB, DCS Storage: SSD NVMe Sabrent 1TB | Device: Multipurpose-UFC, VirPil T-50, TM WARTHOG Throttle, TrackHat, MFD Cougar with screen.

Our Servers => [ITA] Banshee | Krasnodar - PvE | PersianConquest PvE Live Map&Stats | Syria Liberation PvE Conquest

Support us on twitch subscribing with amazon prime account linked, it's free!

MAC address?

Mine shows the same, but still works great

*edit* nope, mine isn’t a MAC address. Maybe it is IPv6 like Maverick says? Either way, it still works great with super low ping

Edited by Sandman1330

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2