New throttle

Hi i am using ch pro throttle for about 3.5 years

looks like my throttle's ministick got loose

my throttle is also not very accurate anymore.

i have a limited budget so i can't afford tm warthog throttle.

what do you suggest? tm twcs can be enough? i am currently using f-18 but in the future i am planning to buy f-4 f-14 and f-16 also

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

X55 throttle is quite nice.l'm using it with the warthog.

Wysłane z mojego SM-G935F przy użyciu Tapatalka

PC: i7 13700k, 64GB RAM 3200MHz DDR4, RTX 4090, VR: Quest 3.

VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, crosswinds rudder pedals, VPC panel CP3, WinWing PTO2

I think it is not sold separately

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

I bought with joy and throw it out...

VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, crosswinds rudder pedals, VPC panel CP3, WinWing PTO2

Besides CH PRO throttle, standalone option is:

VPC - dual engine throttle, not released yet, more expensive than Warthog throttle, contactless sensor in main axes, no mini-stick in first version.

Warthog - dual engine throttle, contactless sensor in main axes.

TWCS - single engine throttle, ~F-18'ish look. Drawback: Potentiometers in all axes (like CH PRO throttle).

GVL224 custom throttles - can be single, dual, but don't look "badass" - more an WWII, early Migs throttle. Contactless sensor in main axes. But with shipping ending cost more than Warthog.

If find used, X-52, X-55/56 throttles work standalone, all use potentiometer in all axes, and Saitek QC is Saitek. :D

BTW - VKB TECS - Don't expect before 2019 Chinese New Year. :)

Edited by Sokol1_br

Yes this is true, but if you're lucky than everything is fine. Mine is 5 years old now and everything works ok.

looks like i don't have any other options within this budget other than twcs

Youtube

I just got the new version of the X56 as my work HOTAS. As far as the throttle movement being fixed so as to be less stiff, nah, lightest setting is still gonna come off the desk when you move the throttle unless you bolt it down. This means you're going to be taking it apart to remove the grease that provides the resistance. Except now that I've been into one I don't think it's grease in there as others describe it, it appears to be a non setting adhesive. Get it on your fingers and you cannot wipe or wash it off with any ordinary soap, I had to use carb cleaner to get it off my hand. Feels like you got a little of the spray on adhesive you use for gaskets on your hands. However that may be you almost certainly will be into the throttle to wipe it off to get it working correctly so be prepared for that if you go with the logitech.

On the other hand they clearly gave the wiring a little extra length and on mine there is enough slack that it wont bind as was described with the wiring on the previous models. Quality feels like typical Saitek cheapness with a little bit of cludge in every button press although they're not awful, they just don't have that precise feel that can be had elsewhere if you want to drop the ching. On the other hand it doesn't feel like it's going to fall apart and everything works without issue.

On the plus side having all those possibilities is nice and where WH guys are struggling with their F18 bindings I have all the HOTAS functions programmed with various hats and buttons still open for housekeeping chores. Ergonomics are not bad across most of the switch-gear. Its a shame you cant get the throttle alone for half or a little more than the 200 dollar price of the system. At that price it would be the best budget throttle available. On the other hand 200 is harder to swallow although lack of competition does make it a consideration.

I'm wondering if the fact that they say the will not offer the throttle seperately and refuse to spend any money on packaging or anything else for the Saitek stuff other than a few production changes to reduce warranty costs implies they are working on something of their own. In other words they leave the Saitek stuff afloat to hold the space until they can get something of their own out.

I have a used slightly used x-56 setup the stick never worked for me if you want to cover shipping and packaging at staples plus $150 for the combo it’s your I bought it during the prerelease sale and never liked it by far the worst hotas I ever owned imo might be me might be the hotas.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

Twcs throttle has a rotary . Can it be used as speed brake or antenna elevation ? Is there any user of this twcs throttle around here ?

Youtube

Before replacing, try repairing the CH.

it uses simple technology and typical issues are known, with video guides around.

I opened mine up and resolved a jitter issue very easily

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

I need to replace its mini stick . I contacted to Ch and they refused to send new mini stick . If I can find one , I may replace its stick.

Youtube

Twcs throttle has a rotary . Can it be used as speed brake or antenna elevation ? Is there any user of this twcs throttle around here ?

This depends on aircraft controls options support, if allow map antenna on TWCS rotarie axis, can set direct in game GUI, or e.g. speed brake on paddles, set as incremental axes in TARGET.

About fix CH Throttole - for replacement can use Alps mini-stick (like used by Deltaalphalima1 in Warthog analog slew upgrade kit).

BTW - If you have basic DIY can replace CH obsolete (8 bits) electronics with Bu0836 or Arduino for more axes resolution (10/12 bits) and more axes/buttons inputs - can add some rotaries and some switches on base, like in the old "Franken Potato" mod:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1294544&postcount=7

Notice that this alternative don't allow use CH Manager, case you are fan.

Edited by Sokol1_br

I use the warthog with the thrustmaster TWCS throttle and it works fine for me.

The warthog throttle was too expensive for me and this combination works very good.

I mainly fly F-15 and now the Hornet ofcourse.

This depends on aircraft controls options support, if allow map antenna on TWCS rotarie axis, can set direct in game GUI, or e.g. speed brake on paddles, set as incremental axes in TARGET.

About fix CH Throttole - for replacement can use Alps mini-stick (like used by Deltaalphalima1 in Warthog analog slew upgrade kit).

BTW - If you have basic DIY can replace CH obsolete (8 bits) electronics with Bu0836 or Arduino for more axes resolution (10/12 bits) and more axes/buttons inputs - can add some rotaries and some switches on base, like in the old "Franken Potato" mod:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1294544&postcount=7

Notice that this alternative don't allow use CH Manager, case you are fan.

I use the TWCS rotary as antenna elevation,works fine.

You could also - now that your CH throttle is staring at the bin - take it apart and re-terminate wires, replace pot sensors etc, they're cheap apparently, nothing to lose; there are guides out on the internet somewhere on taking them to bits and refurbishing them.

NATO - BF callsign: BLACKRAIN

2x X5675 hexacore CPUs for 24 cores | 72GB DDR3 ECC RAM 3 channel | GTX 1050Ti | 500GB SSD on PCIe lane | CH Products HOTAS | TrackIR5 | Win 7 64

Where to find these parts ?

Is it the same thing with the mini sticks in the game pads ? Can I remove it from a game pad and install to pro throttle

Edited by ebabil

Youtube

Yes, CH Throttle mini-stick is the same kind of (analog) mini-stick used in gamepads.

Was suggested bough a Alps mini-stick because this the model is used in PS gamepads and has better quality than generic 'no brand' Chinese models.

Better to do is remove CH mini-stick and measure then, after look for one with similar dimensions.

If throttle potentiomer is OK no reason for replace by HALL sensor, unless replace too the "obsolete" 8bits USC circuit (Achilles heel of CH controller, anyway a good option is

Bi-Tech 6127 like

https://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/tt-electronics-bi/6127V1A60L.5/987-1391-ND/2620660

Bu before buy measure the angle of movement of thelever that turn throttle potentiometer, to get 6127 with similar "electric angle" (linked model is 60º).

Edited by Sokol1_br

Sorry for my ignorance but this potentiometer is for throttle axis right ? It has nothing to do with mini stick ? I recently replaced its throttle axis pot and now I only need to replace mini stick device. Do you know whether this stick is soldered to the board? Or just plug or screws ?

Youtube

Youtube