NVG is not rendering on the right eye in VR

aledmb

when i turn on NVG in VR, it only renders in the left eye.

the right eye stays the same.

also, when i press ESC, the pause menu is not rendering in the left eye (the one with NVG being rendered).

sorry if this has been already reported... couldn't find anything.

Edited by aledmb

when i turn on NVG in VR, it only renders in the left eye.

the right eye stays the same.

also, when i press ESC, the pause menu is not rendering in the left eye (the one with NVG being rendered).

sorry if this has been already reported... couldn't find anything.

Same here, quite odd to fly at night and have to look 'around' the darkness to see the terrain.. :helpsmilie:

I’m pretty sure this is voluntary, and it’s a lot better how it is now. It’s a monocular NVG (single eye), letting you see in the dark while at the same time see your instruments (NVG are always set to focus at infinity when flying, so the cockpit will be blurry like it is right now through NVGs).

Before we had to remove the NVGs to look at the instruments (because you can’t peek under it in VR like you can in 2D).

I’m pretty sure this is voluntary, and it’s a lot better how it is now. It’s a monocular NVG (single eye), letting you see in the dark while at the same time see your instruments (NVG are always set to focus at infinity when flying, so the cockpit will be blurry like it is right now through NVGs).

Before we had to remove the NVGs to look at the instruments (because you can’t peek under it in VR like you can in 2D).

I'm not sure...I tried NVG in the Harrier tonight and it was the same monocular effect, despite being a binocular-I call bug.

I don't know about fast movers but Army pilots fly with Binocular ANVIS goggles. Focused at infinity outside of the cockpit. The goggles are mounted to the helmet and flip down leaving about a 1" gap from the eye. You then peer under the googles with the naked eye at your cockpit instrumentation. This left eye only thing in VR has to be a bug. I am not aware of anyone flying with a monocular goggle (for helicopters at least).

Reported as a bug a couple of weeks ago.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...