2021 (and earlier) DCS Newsletter Discussion Thread

NineLine

Not only this.

Flattened tyres because the weight. Su-33 moving with the deck up and down, no more floating. Fantastic water.

Cant wait for 2.5

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Confused about the sale based on the wording.

Do they mean 60% off items that are just in the bonus program or does it mean one can apply up 60% of earned bonus dollars to a purchase of an item that's in the program?

Is it active yet?

Second statement.

I suspect you're right, since at least from my view of the E-Shop, nothing is discounted (regrettably). However, it would be very helpful if the wording announcing sales was just a bit more carefully chosen. :)

This statement: "Starting today and lasting until 21 August at 0900 GMT, get 60% off modules participating in the bonus program." really is unambiguous -- to native English speakers. Of course, I understand this may very well have been composed by someone whose first language is not English, but just so you know: "get 60% off modules participating in the bonus program" means there's a 60% discount on all modules that take part in the bonus program. If that's not what you meant, you could have said something like: "Starting today and lasting until 21 August at 0900 GMT, you can use your bonus points/value to pay for up to 60% of all modules participating in the bonus program."

I was excited that I could pick up my last un-owned module (the Gazelle) for 60% off, only to have that hope dashed! :) I'm just trying to help and please note that I'm very impressed with many other folks' ability to speak English. (I certainly didn't work to learn it. :) )

Thanks!

Another easy way to say it

You can use your bonus to discount up to 60% of the full price.

So if you have 100$ in bonus and the price of a module is 100$ you can use 60$ of your bonus for a 40$ module final price.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Nice vid, However will the carrier get its own crew on deck on release to bring it more alive ???

I would not expect it. The airfields have been equally desolate for many, many years with no indication of a change. Considering that more players will be taking off, and landing, on land based airfields instead of aircraft carriers, it would make sense to populate the airfields first.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

From the video"The physics of the arresting gear is implemented, the aircraft is braked depending of the arresting cables adjustments"

Are they saying that possibly we need to radio in fuel and weapons state, for arrestor adjustment. This would be awesome!

i7 4770k @ 4.5, asus z-87 pro, strix GTX 980ti directcu3oc, 32gb Kingston hyperX 2133, philips 40" 4k monitor, hotas cougar\warthog, track ir 5, Oculus Rift

Not only this.

Flattened tyres because the weight...

You sure that's what that is? Could be a Z-axis bug. I really hope it's the tires flattening though.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

It seems so for me. But i could be wrong.

I hope you're not wrong:thumbup:

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

seems that the bad physic for taxi still there

I fail to see how you came to that conclusion w/ 8 seconds of the aircraft turning in the footage.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Nice vid, However will the carrier get its own crew on deck on release to bring it more alive ???

I would not expect it. The airfields have been equally desolate for many, many years with no indication of a change. Considering that more players will be taking off, and landing, on land based airfields instead of aircraft carriers, it would make sense to populate the airfields first.

I guess the deck will end up with standard crew in fixed spots to launch and land aircraft etc. Otherwise they would get in the way for multiplayer. I guess you could still allow things in the editor for SP mission builders, then you can have crew moving all over the place and really set the scene.

See once the AI is on it's own CPU core;) The airports should be filled out with new AI from the editor, this would be much more immersive moving them around with scripting, (Think A-10 startup with crew chief walking around as you go through the startup) better then having them move the same back and forth like the other civi sims do.

That way scripts like Moose could be updated to have easy automatic random spawning of airport AI around the airports doing things, this would only happen when you fly near them to land etc, to save on PC resources.

Edited by David OC

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

I'm assuming these bonuses aren't available through steam as well? Looks like I'll be downloading the standalone version.

It will be on steam one day when released?

Steam cannot handle ED's beta, alpha, zeta's LOL

If you want in on early access, download the standalone.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

ED showed images of carrier decks filled with crews in the January Newsletter from 2016. Though it was only the russian aircraft carrier with crews on the deck.

I think we will see them one day on the deck as carrier crews are an important aspect of the aircraft carrier simulation so that it must be implemented one day.

We are still on topic when discussing the Newsletter from 2016? :D

It will be on steam one day when released?

Steam cannot handle ED's beta, alpha, zeta's LOL

If you want in on early access, download the standalone.

Sorry, I mean the monetary bonuses. I'm too poor at the moment anyway. I'm tempted to get the standalone I can't be bothered to re-configure everything again.

ED showed images of carrier decks filled with crews in the January Newsletter from 2016. Though it was only the russian aircraft carrier with crews on the deck.

I think we will see them one day on the deck as carrier crews are an important aspect of the aircraft carrier simulation so that it must be implemented one day.

We are still on topic when discussing the Newsletter from 2016? :D

Its in the thread and i was relating to the latest news letter with the vid so i guess it counts hehe, I must say tho 2016 was awhile back, I hope they will as heatblur's carrier would have a crew :)

• ED Team

DCS Newsletter Discussion Thread

please be careful not to take it off topic

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2