Chuck's MiG-21bis Guide

Charly_Owl

Hey @Charly_Owl Love your work! Another one for the update. Running the pneumatic system out of air by leaving the gear handle up, also prevents you from using the brake parachute after landing. I don't know if this is real-world accurate, but experimenting in DCS confirms this.

A flight manual I found here also supports my theory. Thanks again!

On 9/30/2015 at 9:09 AM, BravoYankee4 said:

Hi and thanks for a great guide.

However I have found some things that seems to be incorrect and I have a question as well.

First topic is the oil pressure light (Page 23). Isn’t this the “bomb armed” indicator? The oil pressure indicator is next to the engine rpm gauge.

Second is the SOD-57 emission indicator (“ATC RESP”), that is listed as an IFF indicator (Page 67).

Finally, there is a green light left of the SORC main warning light that seems to be undocumented (also in the LNS manual). Anyone know what this is and if it is simulated or not?

Greenlight.jpg.ea233decd91351681b590a85d4fb7912.jpg

That's the light indicating the ARK beacon has switched from outer to inner beacon. The ARK system was never modeled properly so it does nothing in DCS.

19 hours ago, Charly_Owl said:

Paragraph and page? Couldn't find information that the pneumatic system is directly linked to the braking chute...

Pg. 43, "Handling Instructions" section, hyd/pneumatic systems part:

image.png

Also observable ingame. If you forget to neutralise the gear handle, you'll have no regular brakes or chute on landing, and only the emergency brakes will work.

• Like 1