Syrian Map Discussion

ghashpl

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

German Tornado's (sorry the images are grainy)

Awesome, thanks a lot! :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I believe speedtrees are confirmed. Wages mentioned it as part of the Normandy updates as if the Syrian map would debut with speedtrees

The speedtrees are a must. Thanks for the info.

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

I believe speedtrees are confirmed. Wages mentioned it as part of the Normandy updates as if the Syrian map would debut with speedtrees

No, SpeedTree isnot confirmed. The actual wording was:

This free Normandy map update will include the following:

• Improved quality of ground textures (fields and urban areas).
  • Improved quality of the noise textures. This will be particularly evident at low altitudes.
  • Improved quality of the coastline, both in Normandy and along the English coast.
  • Processing of fields and city vector data to use new DCS World terrain technologies.
  • Improved quality of the rivers and lakes.
  • Improved quality of roads.
  • Increased the number of unique objects and scenes.
  • Optimization and improved the look of the trees and forests.
  • Optimization of map for virtual reality performance.

We have no planned release date at this time.

This is not the same thing necessarily as SpeedTree, hopefully they will be as good looking and FPS friendly as SpeedTree if they do not use SpeedTree

• 4 weeks later...

Has ed released a general template of which geographical areas the Syrian map will cover?

Will we get a portion of Israel and/or Turkey? How much of the Mediterranean Sea etc etc.

Because otherwise I would wish for bluefor factions to retain a place for scenarios. I don't want Syria to just be exclusive for "Assad wave" low intensity war scenarios against militant jihadis

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

I don't understand why Ugramedia which is an official 3d party project has not spent a single world nor they're comunication with their customers (us) at all about this project.

All 3d parties such as Razbam,Heatblur,Polychop, etc etc they are keeping us constantly informed about their projects by posting screenshots, discussing on the forum, and most of all they "listen" to their customers which provide feedback and sugestions to improve their quality.

Frankly I don't understand this behaviour.

:huh:

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

I don't understand why Ugramedia which is an official 3d party project has not spent a single world nor they're comunication with their customers (us) at all about this project.

All 3d parties such as Razbam,Heatblur,Polychop, etc etc they are keeping us constantly informed about their projects by posting screenshots, discussing on the forum, and most of all they "listen" to their customers which provide feedback and sugestions to improve their quality.

Frankly I don't understand this behaviour.

:huh:

They do update on their own site: https://ugra-media.ru/2018/proekt-blizhnij-vostok/

Also, I suspect that they do not consider themselves to be a 3rd Party in the sense you mentioned, but that they consider ED to be the client, not us.

Nothing in the Russian forum either, just a handful of people slagging them for Normandy and hoping Syria will be better.
Well, that's what UGRA has earned so far.

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The map will be like this, based on the given size and the locations mentioned by Ugra media. Sadly the eastern part, where Deir ezzor and the the oil fields is, will be out.

1IKniQg

https://imgur.com/1IKniQg

I think it's very nice, since it covers a lot of beautiful areas and those where many events have occurred, especially the ones not a long time ago up to the very recent ones, like the cruise missiles attack, the borders attritions, the very war and their actors and etc.

So i can emulate those events and expand it with ''what if" scenarios like try to intercept or retaliate against the cruise attacks; bombing Khalid ibn al-Walid and Daesh while avoiding Israeli SAMs for Operation Basalt; Intercept RuAF/SyAAF raid bombing; Search and Rescue the pilots of the downed SU-24, and so much more scenarios for Planes, Helis and Combined Arms. Now we just need a Flogger or Fitter for 'better reenactment' ;)

Hope it will be up soon™

When are we going to get some ACTUAL information from either ED or the 3rd party dev on this map?

F-14 | F/A-18C | F-16C | AJS-37 | M-2000C | A-10C | UH-1H | F-5E | P-51 | Bf 109

Nevada | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Supercarrier

YouTube | Steam | Discord: JayBird#4400

i7-7700K | GTX 980 | 32gb RAM | 500gb SSD | 2TB HDD| Track IR | TM Warthog HOTAS | Logitech Pro Pedals

When are we going to get some ACTUAL information from either ED or the 3rd party dev on this map?

Two more weeks .

But seriously. Why does anyone bother? You think Wags is gonna show up and announce the date? And what's it matter to anyone anyway? What would it change for you or anyone else if you knew a date when new information was going to get released?

I'm fairly certain if ED had anything important to share, they'd share it. If they don't, they don't.

So, to envelop the massive complexity of the topic at hand, the best answer you're likely to get is: It's done when it's done, more information will be released when it is deemed appropriate, everything is subject to change, and if all else fails: two more weeks.

...the best answer you're likely to get is: It's done when it's done, more information will be released when it is deemed appropriate, everything is subject to change, and if all else fails: two more weeks.

It can be that easy, right?

It is!

regards Ganesh

She: "Your orders from ED have reached a total amount of $871,88 and your hardware expenses are countless..."
Me: "I can´t invest my money much better until i wait for Germanys Next Top Model": The
Bo-105 PAH1A1

+ Vulkan & continuous work on multithread & VR optimization!

Asus Z490E - 10900k@5,3GHz - 64GB 3600 DDR4 - 4090FE - Reverb G2 - MFG Crosswinds +DamperMod - Selfmade TableMounts - Centered VirPil T-50 Base with 20cm Extension - TM Warthog & Hornet Grip - TM Throttle +SlewMod - Pimped MSFFB2 for Huey - JetSeat SE on a sawn out office Chair - PointCTRL

• 1 month later...
Two more weeks .

But seriously. Why does anyone bother? You think Wags is gonna show up and announce the date? And what's it matter to anyone anyway? What would it change for you or anyone else if you knew a date when new information was going to get released?

I'm fairly certain if ED had anything important to share, they'd share it. If they don't, they don't.

So, to envelop the massive complexity of the topic at hand, the best answer you're likely to get is: It's done when it's done, more information will be released when it is deemed appropriate, everything is subject to change, and if all else fails: two more weeks.

Pretty much sums it up. Maps are one of things that IMO are best released as "finished" rather than EA. Though I guess the PG map did get a few neat updates well after release.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Yes!

Pretty much sums it up. Maps are one of things that IMO are best released as "finished" rather than EA. Though I guess the PG map did get a few neat updates well after release.

Only that for Syria map, we don't really know what to expect as "finished" as nobody from Ugra Media is talking to us here.

PG was updated post EA release too, so I would not expect Syria map to be any different. My hunch is that Syria map will see early access around the same time frame as the Viper will.

Or maybe it is just my wish and not a hunch, who knows...

PS. It's funny how we post in this thread just to keep it going :)

Intel i7-13700KF :: ROG STRIX Z790-A GAMING WIFI D4 :: Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB ::  MSI RTX 4080  Gaming X Trio  :: VKB Gunfighter MK.III MCG Ultimate :: VPC MongoosT-50 CM3 :: non-VR :: single player :: open beta