Loading warthog profile in DCS

Hi,

How to use a A10-C warthog profile for DCS...I setup my devices (thrustmaster warthog,cougar mfd's and Thrutmaster pendular rudder) via DCS and working fine but if I want to use a Thrustmaster profile via Target script,these controls are weird!!!I follow instructions that came with the profile and nothing works at will be.

if you have the TMWH hotas it's just plug n play. no profile loading should be required. you will need to configure the trim, as the trim hat is set to views by default. and double check there are no axis conflicts.

Target is unrequired, have not used it in the 10 years i've had the hotas

Action After Contemplation

The quality of a TARGET script comes down to the quality of how it is written. When you say "I want to use a TARGET script" do you mean that you want to use any TARGET script or have you written or acquired a specific one? If you have a specific one in mind it would be helpful to link to it to see how it is written. If you just want any TARGET script then I have a recommendation.

I would recommend creating a profile that exactly or almost exactly mimics the behavior of the default joystick output. After doing this I would make DCS treat your TARGET device the same as the original non-TARGET devices.

You see DCS has a generic control list for most joysticks, default.lua. If your joystick doesn't have a named control list then it gets the default control list. But DCS does have a Throttle - HOTAS Warthog.lua which means that when DCS sees device "Throttle - HOTAS Warthog" it uses this lua file instead of the default.lua. The Throttle - HOTAS Warthog.lua control list contains controls which aren't available in default.lua.

The solution if you want these special controls (e.g. EAC On if button is active and EAC Off if button is released) then you have to make DCS use a control list with those special commands. The easiest way is to make a copy of Throttle - HOTAS Warthog.lua and rename it Thrustmaster Combined.lua. Then your Thrustmaster Combined (or another name if it's different on your PC) will have access to the same controls that Throttle - HOTAS Warthog does.

TARGET has some mighty powerful functions. But unless you have a really good reason to use it, I would recommend not to use TARGET at all and just enjoy the Plug and Play functionality of the HOTAS Warthog together with the DCS A-10C. As was said, a few items should be assigned in DCS (most of all the trim hat, which controls views by default, plus there's the friction slider that many use as zoom).

As far as I know, TARGET is still limited to 32 DirectX buttons and 8 DirectX axes.

TM Warthog plus Pendular Rudders have 10 axes and a lot more than 32 buttons, so TARGET's Thrustermaster Combined device can't use all axes and buttons at once. Unless this limitation has been fixed since I last checked, that is. Back in the day, it was the prime reason I tried it once and then decided it's just a waste of time and effort, unfortunately.

For DCS, you should be fine without TARGET.

I do not use Target. Rather, I use the standard game setup and then use the paddle switch as a shifter so that I can double the commands on each button. This is more than enough and it works for the stick, throttle and panel.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

Options, Control, "Modifiers" button. Modifiers are momentary modifiers similar to keyboard shift. Switches are latched modifiers similar to keyboard capslock.

The modifier input list is unfortunately global for all controls. When input is in the list it can't be a standalone input.

Hey guys thank's a lot!!!!It's working fine!!!I don't want to want to push my luck too far but I have an another question:I find the trim function is very coarse in flight when i use the pov hat,so,i program it to the axis i use for hotas slew but if i can to trig the pov hat to a be less sensitive when I trim my aircraft with the pov hat in flight,it will be useful;any idea on it?

Edited by Funflite

With TARGET you could do something like REXEC a tap of X size every Y milliseconds to provide intermittent taps while held.

Without TARGET, not that I know of. I recommend flying with a different technique that doesn't rely on microscopic precision of trim (use autopilot, etc.).