Will the beta be compatible with A-10C and BS2?

Kaiza

What is visual missile system? Or did you mean short range or handheld launchers?

That kind of systems where you acquire the target by sight. Usually a sight on a Stinger or the like. So I guess we have Humvee Avenger, Tunguska (wait that Missile uses a tracking radar, right? :huh: ), the AAA like ZSU, Shilka, Turret mounted MGs and MANPADs... just my two pence.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Yeah, I figured that much but I don't think we're there, yet. Would be a riot to get airlifted in a hind and dropped several miles from U.S. airfield, and storm it with a few people carrying these things in CA.

ED have been taking my money since 1995. :P

Yeah, I figured that much but I don't think we're there, yet. Would be a riot to get airlifted in a hind and dropped several miles from U.S. airfield, and storm it with a few people carrying these things in CA.

Guess it would be more like: "Get into a Hind - fly 30 miles near the airbase - get blown out of the sky by Patriot or Avenger/Stinger/Roland/Gepard - end of story" :D

Western Army sports AAA and SHORAD as well...

EDIT: Though on second thought - With appropriate air cover and SEAD -> SU-25T or FC3(!)... hmmm!

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

• 2 weeks later...

IF we had radar guided missile control on ground vehicles .. and IF radar could be turned on/off I can still image it´s not going to bo what some people are imagining since a radar system is a complex sorta thing and not a TV that you just turn on and get a picture in 5secs or so, right?

Also "Peek-a-boo / bang-bang /you´re dead / I´m invisible now" is a bit of a weak approach to MP engagement in my book.

Also "Peek-a-boo / bang-bang /you´re dead / I´m invisible now" is a bit of a weak approach to MP engagement in my book.

That's not too far fetched........remember that in real life these SHORAD units (TOR, OSA) operate in packs and rely on targeting information from EWR systems. As a consequence you get absolutely no warning until the incoming missile goes active, ie launch, well within the SAM's kill-zone.

Bottom-line: You never know and when you do it's too late.

Novice or Veteran looking for an alternative MP career?

Click me to commence your Journey of Pillage and Plunder!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

'....And when I get to Heaven, to St Peter I will tell....

One more Soldier reporting Sir, I've served my time in Hell......'

IF we had radar guided missile control on ground vehicles .. and IF radar could be turned on/off I can still image it´s not going to bo what some people are imagining since a radar system is a complex sorta thing and not a TV that you just turn on and get a picture in 5secs or so, right?

And remember, you're not invisible to a TGP from 20 miles out. :)