Any luck actually using Nvidia G-Sync with new drivers?

Hi all,

I have the new Freesync-compatible drivers installed for my GTX 1080 Ti, and G-Sync shows up in NVCP. I have it enabled, and it appears to work with my Freesync monitor... sort of. The monitor detects it, showing the on-screen display "AMD Freesync ON" and I can now use higher refresh rates without frame-dropping, which I couldn't do before.

Unfortunately there is no NVCP option under Vertical Sync to enable it in-game. It just shows the "generic" VSync options such as off, on, and Fast. There's no option for actual Adaptive Sync.

Any ideas?

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

If man was meant to fly, he would have been born with a lot more money!

My dumb mistake, I have to enable Freesync mode in the monitor's OSD menu.

Works great!! Shame it loses sync when the computer wakes from sleep. Oh well, I've heard 'real' G-Sync monitors do that too.

AD

Kit:

B550 Aorus Elite AX V2, Ryzen 7 5800X w/ Thermalright Phantom Spirit 120 SE, 2 x 16GB Kingston Fury DDR4 @3600MHz C16, Gigabyte RTX 3070 Windforce 8GB, EVGA SuperNova 750 G2 PSU, HP Omen 32" 2560x1440, Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS fitted with Leo Bodnar's BU0836A controller.

--Flying is the art of throwing yourself at the ground, and having all the rules and regulations get in the way!

I've quickly tried it with my aoc c27g1 and it seemed to work fine. Although there is one thing that made me quickly turn it off. Right after the computer has booted up, the display turns black and comes back a couple seconds later. It's probably normal but I find it a tad annoying. Anyone else experiencing this?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I've quickly tried it with my aoc c27g1 and it seemed to work fine. Although there is one thing that made me quickly turn it off. Right after the computer has booted up, the display turns black and comes back a couple seconds later. It's probably normal but I find it a tad annoying. Anyone else experiencing this?

I've never had that, but when I leave my PC alone and it goes into sleep mode, when I wake it up G-Sync no longer works!

I have to go into NVCP, change resolutions, then change back to the one I want. Then it works again.

REALLY annoying (and mighty inconvenient), but it's delightful when it works! DCS is just wonderful to fly around with G-Sync/Freesync on, you just sail around smoothly no matter if it's 120+ Hz or down to 40 in Vegas with all the AA junk cranked up :)

I really think Adaptive Sync should be an industry-standard feature supported universally by all graphics cards & monitors, and it looks like that's what Nvidia is trying to do here--and I'm really glad they did, irritating quirks notwithstanding :)

Maybe the bugs will get ironed out in newer versions of the driver, but this is a fantastic place to start!

AD

Kit: