Gazelle: Unwanted "Deadzone-Effect" at center stick

BlackPixxel

Hello Gazelle pilots!

I have the following issue that makes it very unpleasant to fly this great bird:

Around center stick, the heli keeps its attitute during a hover, which is fine.

Now I want to roll right slightly. So I move the stick slowly to the right. But the heli will not respond. Only after a certain stick travel it will respond, but with a much higher initial roll rate than I would want to for fine controlls.

I thought that this is related to the built-in deadzone of my X-52.

So for troubleshooting purpose I set the Y axis saturation for pitch and roll to 9%. That means I need much larger stick deflections to achieve the desired roll rate. It also means, that I am now well outside of the built-in deadzone of the X-52 when I am giving the roll input.

JRw6Zxp.jpg

What I would expect is the following:

For the few mm of center stick where the built-in deadzone is, the heli should not move at all. For higher stick deflections, the heli should rotate. The more the stick deflects, the faster it rotates.

What I get is the following:

For about 50% stick travel the heli does nothing. When I very slowly increase the stick deflection even more, the heli will appruptly begin to roll with quite a high roll roll rate.

This behaviour makes it really hard to fly this bird. A heli needs very fine controll inputs and very little corrections. But with this Gazelle I cannot do little corrections. Small stick deflections will act like a deadzone with the heli not responding. Then after a millimeter more stick travel, the heli will start to roll with an initial roll rate way to high for small corrections.

When I try the same thing with the reduced Y saturation on the MiG-29 it does not have this problem, which means that it should not be stick related.

Does anyone have similar issues, or a solution for this problem?

Thank you in advance!

Edited by BlackPixxel