Upcoming Afghanistan map discussion

shagrat

Upcoming Afghanistan map discussion  

453 members have voted

1. 1. Upcoming Afghanistan map discussion

• East Afghanistan (Nuristan, Kunar, Nangarhar, Khowst) and Pakistan border
    • Southeast Afghanistan around Kabul (Kabul, Wardak, Paktia to Paktika)
    • South Afghanistan (Helmand, Uruzgan, Kandarhar, Zabul)
    • The northern regions (Kunduz, Baglan, Samangan,Balkh)
    • West Afghanistan (Herat, Farah and Nimrus) and east of Iran

19 minutes ago, shagrat said:

Does not change the decision to make the wrong part of that area... 😁

🤔 Since when does ED need someone to approve their work? I understand that some are still angry about the "decision to make the wrong part."... but remember the words of Nick Grey, ED is a technology company, not one dedicated to making "games" or compare with other gaming companies.

The Irak / Iran border map and other deamed maps will coming on some moment, by ED or a 3rd Party, has only a matter of time.

vor 6 Minuten schrieb Silver_Dragon:

🤔 Since when does ED need someone to approve their work? I understand that some are still angry about the "decision to make the wrong part."... but remember the words of Nick Grey, ED is a technology company, not one dedicated to making "games" or compare with other gaming companies.

The Irak / Iran border map and other deamed maps will coming on some moment, by ED or a 3rd Party, has only a matter of time.

They don't. And as I pointed out, I have a pretty good idea why they, at that point in time decided against an Iraq area, removed Bahrain and omitted certain key infrastructure... 😉

Edit: also, I am not "angry". I just think it would have been the more versatile map after NTTR. 😇

Edited by shagrat
  • Like 2

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

• ED Team

Hi all, 

making claims without knowing the real reason is just speculation, just be patient and all will be revealed in due course about Afghanistan and our future terrain. 

thanks

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

vor 16 Stunden schrieb BIGNEWY:

Hi all, 

making claims without knowing the real reason is just speculation, just be patient and all will be revealed in due course about Afghanistan and our future terrain. 

thanks

Yep, totally! I think I pointed out that I am making assumptions from the obvious (omission of Bahrain), but not "knowing".

I am really stoked for Afghanistan, after all. 

Happy to getting closer to release. 🥰

• Like 2

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

• 1 month later...

Flying mostly choppers and hopefully upcoming F4 Phantom. 
Well to me I can fly Afghanistan in Nevada desert. I got enough desert. I rather have a Vietnam map. 
But a Afghanistan should have Kabul and Borders to Pakistan 

Edited by LuseKofte
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, LuseKofte said:

Well to me I can fly Afghanistan in Nevada desert. I got enough desert.

5a454886ec1ade23e7749b76?width=1136&form
Where in Nevada can you fly that?

Afghanistan is not desert. It's rocks, mountains, there are quite a few arid areas, but even that depends on the seasons. By all accounts, its beautiful. While it is more brown than green most of the time, enough that desert camo was issued, the tan/gray UCP was more suited to it. Indeed, Afghan and tacky couches were the only environments in which it worked well. 🙂 The point is, Afghan will be a real treat, and rather challenging to fly helos in due to high elevation and hot temperatures.

Nevada could possibly stand for the rather sandy, flat Iraq. Not for Afghan. Even then, Iraq has mountains, too, in an area which we're getting, even.

Edited by Dragon1-1
  • Like 3

Am 11.2.2024 um 11:21 schrieb Dragon1-1:

5a454886ec1ade23e7749b76?width=1136&form
Where in Nevada can you fly that?

Afghanistan is not desert. It's rocks, mountains, there are quite a few arid areas, but even that depends on the seasons. By all accounts, its beautiful. While it is more brown than green most of the time, enough that desert camo was issued, the tan/gray UCP was more suited to it. Indeed, Afghan and tacky couches were the only environments in which it worked well. 🙂 The point is, Afghan will be a real treat, and rather challenging to fly helos in due to high elevation and hot temperatures.

Nevada could possibly stand for the rather sandy, flat Iraq. Not for Afghan. Even then, Iraq has mountains, too, in an area which we're getting, even.

...and it is associated with two conflicts that saw 80% of the modern modules in action for BluFor AND RedFor.

Besides the OEF part as a modern conflict is widely publicized and documented, and Vietnam is what we do the last 50 years in dozens and dozens of games.

The A-10C, the AH-64D, AV-8B Harrier, F-15E, F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14B, upcoming OH-58D and CH-47, even the Mirage 2000 (little artistic liberty) took part in the sorties over Afghanistan... add the diverse landscape with challenging mountain ranges, I am stoked to get my hands on that map. 🥰

vor 14 Stunden schrieb Chops:

Is the Afghanistan Map expected to be released this year?

There's always hope, but I guess there's a lot of work to be done with all the new technology available now.

I would start my personal hype train, when we see more regular screen shots and occurrences of the map in Wags' videos... 😇

• Like 1

Shagrat

22 hours ago, Chops said:

Is the Afghanistan Map expected to be released this year?

According to comments made by Nick Grey and Wags in interviews late last year and early this year. 

About 1 hour in

• Like 2

5800x3drtx407064Gb 3200: 1Tb NVME: Pico 4: Rift S: Quest Pro