104th Phoenix - Operation Longbow - Dynamic PvP Mission

104th_Maverick

Cannot join 104th today

Hey, guys.

I thought I'd give some MP pvp a try again today. I've been having the memory leak as have others, but every time I try to join the 104th Phoenix, I get instantly kicked. I'm wondering if my ping is too high? I can get on all the others, though it takes time. Haven't done a whole lot of research, but could this be a ban? I'm pretty careful about friendly kills and haven't committed any to my knowledge. :-)

Any help would be appreciated!

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey, guys.

I'm pretty careful about friendly kills and haven't committed any to my knowledge. :-)

Any help would be appreciated!

Sounds like you might have been removed for a connection issue, best thing to do is join our Teamspeak Server and enter the Help Desk channel and wait for an admin to contact you.

We'll then have a quick look at your connection to make sure its ok to join the server.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

104th Phoenix - Operation Longbow - Dynamic PvP Mission

Yesterday with Coltrogue on GCI and Shadow on ATC was an absolute blast. One of the cooler DCS experiences I've had. Thanks to both of those guys for their efforts...

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

;3392031']Sounds like you might have been removed for a connection issue' date=' best thing to do is join our Teamspeak Server and enter the [b']Help Desk[/b] channel and wait for an admin to contact you.

We'll then have a quick look at your connection to make sure its ok to join the server.

Will do! Thanks...

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

Some bandit have placed blue units and a MANPAD up at FARP Zemo that kills the helos before they have chance to rearm. Tried to kill with GUN but well hidden in buildings and trees. He should be on the current track, ban the player please.

EDIT: And just restart the mission also.

EDIT2: He is not a "sucker" but a genius who discovered the unprotected base by looking at the mission and making a plan on how to get up to the FARP without being spotted. He also managed to place at lest two units so either the job was done twice or he had help.

Edited by HiJack

Some sucker have placed blue units and a MANPAD up at FARP Zemo that kills the helos before they have chance to rearm. Tried to kill with GUN but well hidden in buildings and trees. He should be on the current track, ban the sucker please.

HiJack,

I feel your pain but...."sucker"??? I´d rather say cudos to the guy who managed to get there with a Huey without getting shut down. What about flying up to Zemo with a Mi8 and/or SU25 to snipe the enemy troops?

Just my 2cts

Edited by docWilly

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]my rig specs: i7-4790K CPU 4.50GHz, 32GB RAM, 64bit WIN10, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, SSD+

A10C, UH-1H, M2C, F5E, Gazelle, KA 50, F18C, DCS 2.5x OB

HiJack,

I feel our pain but...."sucker"??? I´d rather say cudos to the guy who managed to get there with a Huey without getting shut down. What about flying up to Zemo with a Mi8 and/or SU25 to snipe the enemy troops?

Just my 2cts

:thumbup:

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

Some sucker have placed blue units and a MANPAD up at FARP Zemo that kills the helos before they have chance to rearm. Tried to kill with GUN but well hidden in buildings and trees. He should be on the current track, ban the sucker please.

This is called "game play"?

If someone can deny a farp or airfield, good job.

Your task ist now to clear it, thats the way it works....

Gesendet von meinem F5121 mit Tapatalk

Is it normal to have EWRs being deployed in the vicinity of airfields ?

[ATTACH]178782[/ATTACH]

That was my bad. From my perspective when I dropped the crates they were on the grass, not the taxiway. Someone did place a marker to warn of the (invisible) EWR but the markers don't seem to last long. I recall I did discuss this with you on in-game chat.

Or .. if the EWRs aren't supposed to be placed at airfields then where should they be? Please advise so I can do a better job in future!

Edited by epoch
  • Like 1

Hey all - love the mission... I'm constantly playing it.

Some feedback... the Russian AWACS on the blue side gets ridiculously annoying late in the game. I assume this is the EWRs that are setup? To me, this becomes game-breaking... instead of relying on assistance from them I just shut off in-helmet sound, which should not be the case; especially when there is no GCI.

Just my 2 cents!

HiJack,

I feel our pain but...."sucker"??? I´d rather say cudos to the guy who managed to get there with a Huey without getting shut down. What about flying up to Zemo with a Mi8 and/or SU25 to snipe the enemy troops?

Just my 2cts

Well, the only way anyone is going to go up there and place enemy units is because the spawn area is completely unsecured by the friendly sides units. Because these were supposed to be uncatchable so everyone had some chance to spawn in and go for capturing the bases that is set up for capturing. Now I don't mind if this is not haw this game should be played. If the 104th come and say yes you can place units and attack the bases that is supposed to not be captured then we I will change my tactics. Your call....

Never been there - did not know that there are no friendly troops (really?) to secure the FARP. But anyhow: ask Maverick if he might change that.

The fact that it can´t be captured does not mean that the enemy is not "allowed" to place troops nearby to bother you.

Solution: Zemo needs at least some AA (in case it´s not secured) to make it harder to come so close.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]my rig specs: i7-4790K CPU 4.50GHz, 32GB RAM, 64bit WIN10, NVidia GeForce GTX 980 Ti, SSD+

@epoch

Well, you cannot really decide were exactly it is going to unpack... and it is invisible

I did place a marker. Markers don't expire, they just deleted by other players, if I am not mistaken

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

@epoch

Well, you cannot really decide were exactly it is going to unpack... and it is invisible

I did place a marker. Markers don't expire, they just deleted by other players, if I am not mistaken

Looks like the marker police were out in force that night then! :lol: For sure in future I'll try to steer well clear of taxiways to lessen the chance of this happening again.

But yeah, regarding crates ... should they be deployed at airfields, or at other locations? Your post seemed to imply that airfields are not a suitable location for them.

That was my bad. From my perspective when I dropped the crates they were on the grass, not the taxiway. Someone did place a marker to warn of the (invisible) EWR but the markers don't seem to last long. I recall I did discuss this with you on in-game chat.

Or .. if the EWRs aren't supposed to be placed at airfields then where should they be? Please advise so I can do a better job in future!

Captured airfields get EWR upgrade by transport a/c (IL76 and C17). The EWR´s we place with helicopters should be in a strategic position towards the enemy position (somewhere uphill with a good coverage) to enhance GCI´s situational awareness.

Currently they are invisible (bug).

Ppl often delete markers to clean their F10 map without recognizing that the cleared markers also disappear for other players.

Never been there - did not know that there are no friendly troops (really?) to secure the FARP. But anyhow: ask Maverick if he might change that.

The fact that it can´t be captured does not mean that the enemy is not "allowed" to place troops nearby to bother you.

Solution: Zemo needs at least some AA (in case it´s not secured) to make it harder to come so close.

We can't even secure our own site as there is no way you can unpack crates on the FARP area. Either the same rules goes for enemy or we will have a war at these unprotected sites on both sides.

EDIT: It seems only the FARP Zemo is unprotected.

Edited by HiJack

The EWR´s we place with helicopters should be in a strategic position towards the enemy position (somewhere uphill with a good coverage) to enhance GCI´s situational awareness.

Understood. Will bear that in mind on future flights. Thanks for the info.

;3366791']

Just now a lot of people are still not reading the brief or on comms so there are loads of teamkills and lost little lambs at this stage but I am hoping that will change as the days / weeks go by.

Us poor Strikers cant even get past Bulls half the time...lol

About the comms, I notice Magic(The AI) is spamming constantly while I am trying to listen to the actual human calling out targets etc. This is in the A10c.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

BUILD -CaseLabs SMA8 w/ i7 6700(4.7 OC), Dual Custom Watercooling loops(CPU,MOBO and Gcards on own loops), Gigabyte G1 Gaming z170, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2666, 2x Kingston Savage 960GB SSD's, 2x WD Black 4TB drives, 2x Gigabyte GTX 1080ti's, EVGA Supernova P2 1200w PSU, Creative Zx.

Monitors - ASUS Predator z35p 35" 3440x1440, LG 34UC87C 34" 3440x1440 Ultrawide.

cockpit - oButto R3evolution

Us poor Strikers cant even get past Bulls half the time...lol

About the comms, I notice Magic(The AI) is spamming constantly while I am trying to listen to the actual human calling out targets etc. This is in the A10c.

Turn the volume of the radio you have tuned to the ATC freq down then?

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Turn the volume of the radio you have tuned to the ATC freq down then?

Tuning the volume of the radio, also affects SR.

I myself mentally ignore the AWACS, and it can be of help sometimes when MAGIC is busy on the comms and you need a quick call.

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

Tuning the volume of the radio, also affects SR.

I myself mentally ignore the AWACS, and it can be of help sometimes when MAGIC is busy on the comms and you need a quick call.

Well shit, that ruins that idea then :doh:

I do the same as you...I use them both.

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig: