HORTON Ho229 v4+ by Polychop Simulations

borchi_2b

Hi everybody,

I do read fears about the flightmodel quite often here. We still will try to produce a plane that will behave like the original did or would have behaved.

We got some address and a good hint on some info that I already started to pursuit.

The documents have not arrived yet but I contacted another source last week, but do to the fact that we are into the Gazelle release at the moment, I did not focus to much on the HO229 lately. I try to see the upcoming week if the guys I contacted last week are able to help out or want to helpü out. Will see.

What I figured is, that there are informations available on the exact airframe and how it behaves.

Many ways lead to rome guys.

Nevertheless, I wish a happy weekend

Sven

where would the ho229 even fit in this sim? in WW2 it would be a veritable sky shark, but up against a saber, it would prob be dead meat... are they making meteors for the british?

It's true right now there doesn't even appear to be the right opponents, but they are in the works! Let's see what we got:

Dehavilland Vampire

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=134703

Gruman F8F2 ( 1948 prop )

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=126116

Gloster Meteor.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=134698

Me262-A1

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893

( technically a friendly :) you can find it under the 201? modules. I'm not sure how its developer is doing. I think it rolled up but ED took over and promised to finish it, some day :P

So you're gonna have to spend quite some time waiting but eventually it'll be fun to fly the first generation of jets! ( on the northern france/english channel map they're making too )

Check my F-15C guide

Ho-229 will not lack for opponents. It'll suffer the same drawbacks of every other Generation 1 fighter, slow throttle response, poor acceleration and bad fuel economy. In addition, the 229 is a flying wing, which is incredibly difficult to fly. Without fly by wire systems, the workload on the pilot just to keep in the air is going to be difficult, and without good instrumentation, it'll be easy to toss yourself into a spin. A good pilot with a solid handle on how the aircraft functions will be dangerous, but there are a large number of late war props and other Gen 1 jets coming along that by the time the 229 actually takes to the skies of DCS, it will enter into a fairly fleshed out field and fit right in.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

a little update for the people who are interested in that particular plane.

I had a phonecall yesterday and I will receive further info on the process to acquire a huge load of info on that plane.

I can happily announce that we could find an information source that has supposedly all data available on this beauty and is definitely a reliable source which will be stated withing the product itself and on our homepage, as soon we will reach a certain stage next year.

I guess till the end of the year the info might be inhouse. I hope at least that it will be that case.

Sven

• ED Team
Hi guys,

I had a phonecall yesterday and I will receive further info on the process to acquire a huge load of info on that plane.

I can happily announce that we could find an information source that has supposedly all data available on this beauty and is definitely a reliable source which will be stated withing the product itself and on our homepage, as soon we will reach a certain stage next year.

I guess till the end of the year the info might be inhouse. I hope at least that it will be that case.

Sven

Great news, good luck!

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I wonder what it's radar cross-section will be like? ;)

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Very cool indeed! Thanks for the info, Sven.

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

Hi guys,

Sven

curious about which plane are you talking about?

sounds exciting..

find me on steam! username: Hannibal_A101A

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197969447179

Hi guys,

Sven

I really wonder what that source might be?

But of course I understand if you don't want to or can't tell us that.

Anyways, I'm really excited about this project. :)

curious about which plane are you talking about?

sounds exciting..

Apparently you don't even know in which thread you're commenting. biggrin.gif

Just take a look at the thread title wink.gif

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Excellent news, very happy to hear that there is enough data to make the Horten become true!!:thumbup:

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

superb news.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Great news and good luck! I'll buy this if released and look forward to see how bad it truly was to control.

after wrecking about 80 or so bf109s i am undaunted :pilotfly:

“The murder of a man is still murder, even in wartime.”

-Manfred von Richthofen

Yes it looks like there is enough data available/ negotiating right now to get it printed from microfilm

Excellent! Thanks for sharing that with us, borchi!!

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

...and people were saying we would never get a stealth fighter :)

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

• 3 weeks later...

There have been a few Go-229's in sims like Il-2 and what strikes me in some of them is that angle of attack varies enormously with speed, so much so that it seems possible to me to use the gunsight accurately at only a very narrow speed range. At high speeds, to get the pipper on the target means that you are climbing quite fast. Was that an error in the sims or a characteristic of the real plane? And if so, how would this have been handled in combat (I know no gun trials were performed with the real plane)? You can adjust the gunsight for speed, but the guns' position would be fixed I assume.

• 1 month later...