Screen flickering since 2.5.4

ams999

• ED Team
Nineline, you may also want to ask Rik about it as well, he posted as mentioned a 'confirmed' when we reported this last patch and there wasn't anything in the patch notes saying that it may have been fixed..

I'm here :)

This bug is reproduced here (it has two similar instances - in VR device and in monitor render), bug assigned to ED programmer and has high priority. We hope it will be fixed in short time but I haven't any info about fix term.

Men may keep a sort of level of good, but no man has ever been able to keep on one level of evil. That road goes down and down.  
Можно держаться на одном уровне добра, но никому и никогда не удавалось удержаться на одном уровне зла. Эта дорога ведёт вниз и вниз.

G.K. Chesterton

DCS World 2.5: Часто задаваемые вопросы

This bug is reproduced here (it has two similar instances - in VR device and in monitor render), bug assigned to ED programmer and has high priority. We hope it will be fixed in short time but I haven't any info about fix term.

Thank you.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

Yay! Good luck with the debugging!

Thanks Nineline. Hopefully they can get find the issue and get a patch out. I am still getting this flicker since the previous update while flying the F-18. The last set of Nvidia drivers, 12/12/18 were crap, for my 1070ti, as well and I just downloaded the new drivers.

Customer service is a big part of what I do and if one person brings an issue to light that means there are dozens experiencing the same issue. Given the number of people identifying a problem I would calculate this is a big issue. Just my two cents.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Really glad this issue is being looked at. I find the flicker to be rather uncomfortable, and haven't been getting much seat time lately due to it. I'm in Win10 (1803), Oculus Rift, i7-8700k, 32gb, 1080ti. I've tried changing in game settings, etc, no joy.

Sorry, no cool signature here.

Just did a long flight in the MiG-21, in VR, plenty of reflections, no flickers. I will keep trying, everyone keep checking, there has to be something common among those having the issue.

Just on the Mig-21 no one complains. On the contrary, Dora is the most affected.

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.

First time flying the Hornet today after a few weeks away and I have noticed the flickering as well. Never happened before. They are random, black flashes, that last only a fraction of a second or so.

Yes, that's what I'm seeing as well.

VCAW-99_sig_ED_BD-3.png

Alienware New Aurora R15 | Windows® 11 Home Premium | 64bit, 13thGen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9 13900KF(24-Core, 68MB|  NVIDIA(R) GeForce RTX(TM) 4090, 24GB GDDR6X | 1 X 2TB SSD, 1X 1TB SSD | 64GB, 2x32GB, DDR5, 4800MHz | 1350W PSU, Alienware Cryo-tech (TM) Edition CPU Liquid Cooling  power supply | G2 Rverb VR

Thanks Rik.

i7 13700k, 64gb DDR5, Warthog HOTAS, HP Reverb G2 VR, win 11, RTX 3070

TGW Dedicated Server Admin, Australian PVE/PVP gameplay. (taskgroupwarrior.info/2020)

Just to pipe in... its happening to me and a friend of mine when we are in VR... Water set to high and always when over the water, if I fly inland it reduces by a huge amount in the caucuses map. Can flicker in both eyes... seems to favor the right eye.

This happen with the 2.5.4 update. I just assumed ED was aware of it, and was waiting it out... and knew people were complaining so saw no need to make a statement.

ETA... ahhh. there working on it. :)

Edited by aileron

see "black" when i shift/lean left (using TrackIR)

see here...

(( you only need to watch for the first 40secs or so - after that i was attempting to end the video and it wouldn't stop recording ))

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Busted :)

Any news on the topic? Do you guys need any help?

AMD Ryzen 5 3800X CPU

AMD Radeon RX Vega 64

G.Skill DIMM 16 GB DDR4-3600

ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING

Windows 10 - 64 Bit

THRUSTMASTER TFRP + T.Flight Hotas X / TrackIR 5

Not for me, unfortunately.

In the changelog, it says: VR: One eye image blinks when water set to High is fixed.

I don't use VR and the problem i see never was alleviated by water settings low/medium.

I still see the flickering as in previously posted examples.

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

I can confirm this still happens in VR (Water set to High), although nowhere near as often as it used to.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset