Comms menu question

Shepherd

Is there anyway to disable the comms menu from toggling on and off every time i use a PTT switch on my hotas. I am trying to settup voice-attack and have disabled menus in viacom pref and no dice, even without voicettack on when i press a mic switch the comms menu toggles on and off.

Yes it will open the comms menu.

The commands are --> Comms switch --> F1 - F3 - F5 -. Etc

I have not set this up for a while, I do remember setting a clear command when the menu got stuck open. Clear - which would turn the comm's menu back off.

I think I had it set to comms switch (You open the menu) then the program would run (2 Hold position) and finish with (\) comms to close the menu I think.

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

Yes it will open the comms menu.

The commands are --> Comms switch --> F1 - F3 - F5 -. Etc

I have not set this up for a while, I do remember setting a clear command when the menu got stuck open. Clear - which would turn the comm's menu back off.

I think I had it set to comms switch (You open the menu) then the program would run (2 Hold position) and finish with (\) comms to close the menu I think.

Well that makes sense then. I will just configure viacom to register \ once at the depress of the mic switch and that should do the trick.

thanks.

Edited by Shepherd