DCS Update Patch Notes Discussion Thread

NineLine

I'm not *complaining* about patches coming in the wrong day... point is not the day itself. That is superficial. The point is that something was communicated that doesn't hold at all. In this case the implications are nonexistent. But I'm after the principle.

Have you checked the publish dates for most of the last 2 months of patches? :D It isn't just "one special case".

It is good that things get fixed no matter the day. Now I'm just looking for the magic patch to get the Harrier into the sim... and the Hornet... and 2.5... and... :P

EDIT: oh and ON TOPIC... No fix for the F-15 HSI distance indicator yet? I was looking forward for a patch to fix it...

I think you need to "pick your fights" so to speak.... it isn't really important when they release so I wouldn't worry about it or even mention it.

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Motion seats: http://www.d-box.com/

My local movie theatre is equipped with them :)

I did not know though, that DCS supports them, or that they are beeing used for gaming at all.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Legendary patch! Thank god the 3 people using D-Box are all set now :thumbup:

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

I'm happy they have sorted this out.

Nothing worse than only have 75% of the planes work with my seat

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Wait, ignore me. I thought this would mean my 2dof chair will work with the spitfire :( still no joy

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

D-Box that's it really!

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

D-Box that's it really!

Just saw that, what in the world is D-Box?

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Not every update is going to be a huge update,

This update was a quick update to fix D-Bax Initialization Fail.

Don't Assume you know how many Clients use D-Box.

There's another Week or so before the end of November for the Harrier to be released.

Doesnt Make Sense to release a ''Uge Patch and new Features w/ potential problems that come with it today w/ a holiday being tomorrow, and most people being away on Holiday for the weekend.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

We had to wait weeks some times for critical updates and now they make one just to fix a motion seat probably no one has????...and I though M2000 update was supposed to be released with the NEXT update...

And the SA-342 has also changes that are ready to be pushed out, but aren't. Ok, to be fair Pat01 stated, that the changes were comitted to version 1.5.8 ... thought it was a typo, but apparently it is not.

Weren't also some fixes due for the Viggen? Or the Mig-21? I don't know, some devs post their own change logs long before the actual release, others months later ... while I am happy that they put some effort into doing it - and later is better than never - I must confess, that I am really, REALLY losing track of where when what is supposed to be fixed, worked on or at least being reported, and not to forget, for which specific flavour of DCS (and including/excluding Steam).

It is annoying, really is. :badmood:

You assume that the patch notes posted in the official thread are complete and inclusive of all changes...

I've checked the differences between the installs of the last version and todays version (WinDiff). Not fool-prof, basically only checking the .LUA files, but the differences were minmal - and no module specific ones (except C-101, heh!).

Downloading 1.5GB of update. That`s all for enabling D-Box?

Would be nice to have some more detailed insights in the changes of the updates, as we are on Alpha-/Beta-versions of DCS and are acting as testers and don`t know what to look for.

I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S

Would be nice to have some more detailed insights in the changes of the updates, as we are on Alpha-/Beta-versions of DCS and are acting as testers and don`t know what to look for.

Did not pay too much attention, but for me it was rather small...ish. Like <500 MB (with all modules installed).

Maybe you skipped an update or two in the past?

Generally it's a good idea to download the udate, even if it seems there is not much interesting in it. I just don't think that everything is listed in the patch notes.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all

Maybe you skipped an update or two in the past?

Well, I´m sure I picked the last one on 11-03. Whatever! Hoping for 2.5 to be released soon.;)

I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S