VSN flyable aircraft mods

Other than "drop the mod here: C:\Users\Username\Saved Games\DCS\Mods\aircraft" there won't be an easier installation guide.

Have you checked that there isn't another F-14 folder in the VSN_F14A folder?

C:\Users\----\Saved Games\DCS.openalpha\Mods\aircraft\VSN_F14A

bin

cockpit

doc

and so forth to VSN_F14A-PTB

could it be cause am using the beta nttr ? - nope

or is it me doing something wrong ? - yes it is typically

problem was i was launching vanilla version of the game as looked at root folder of short cut and figured this out {facepalm sets dunce cap on head :music_whistling: } good to sleep before trying install things on game's :music_whistling: now gone to fly thanks :pilotfly:

Edited by xo2mig
got some sleep

C:\Users\----\Saved Games\DCS.openalpha\Mods\aircraft\VSN_F14A

bin

cockpit

doc

and so forth to VSN_F14A-PTB

could it be cause am using the beta nttr ? - nope

or is it me doing something wrong ? - yes it is typically

problem was i was launching vanilla version of the game as looked at root folder of short cut and figured this out {facepalm sets dunce cap on head :music_whistling: } good to sleep before trying install things on game's :music_whistling: now gone to fly thanks :pilotfly:

Glad you sorted it.

VSN F5E AND F5N PROBLEMS

Good afternoon RAZ+R

Just noticed another little problem this time with the F5E the nose wheel looks like it has a puncture but I suspect its self burying its into the tarmac which part of the lua file would alter this please. See screenshots 1 and 2.

The F5N is fine wheel wise see screenshot 5.

But she has a problem windscreen area see screen shots 3 an 4.

Many Thanks for your time a patience getting thins sorted for me.

Heinz

I've been messing around with the VSN F-18A and F-18F trying to do SEAD. From what this forum says these mods couldn't fire HARMs in DCS version 1.5.4 or 1.5.5.

Has this been fixed for 1.5.7?

If it has, what is the trick to get the HARMs to lock a Radiation source? Do the HARMs only lock specific RED SAM radars instead of them all? How do you get the HARM out of standby mode and locking SAM radars?

I've heard you have to have the pod the Su-25 uses for SEAD and have harms on the airplane. From what I can tell there's no way to turn the pod on.

I've been messing around with the VSN F-18A and F-18F trying to do SEAD. From what this forum says these mods couldn't fire HARMs in DCS version 1.5.4 or 1.5.5.

Has this been fixed for 1.5.7?

If it has, what is the trick to get the HARMs to lock a Radiation source? Do the HARMs only lock specific RED SAM radars instead of them all? How do you get the HARM out of standby mode and locking SAM radars?

I've heard you have to have the pod the Su-25 uses for SEAD and have harms on the airplane. From what I can tell there's no way to turn the pod on.

The F-18F should work fine and is using the same avionics and procedure as the Su-25T. (if you use the right F-18F version)

The F-18F should work fine and is using the same avionics and procedure as the Su-25T. (if you use the right F-18F version)[/QUO TE]

In that case I think I have the wrong F-18F version. Can you tell me which F-18F is the right version by any chance?

• 5 weeks later...

Is there anyway to get the Harrier to have a working tail hook to land on a carrier? I understand the VSTOL is probably too impossible to do, so this would be a nice ability if possible.

I'm working on a pretty in depth Falklands campaign and it is crucial to have the Harriers able to land on any of the carriers.

i7-4770K @3.50GHz; EVGA 1070 8GB Superclocked; 16GB Ram; MSI Z97 Gaming; two Samsung 500GB SSD's in RAID; TrackIR; 32" 2560x1440 Samsung

As the game is at present (9/2017) it doesn't need a working tail hook to land on a carrier, if the landing coding in the harrier.lua is correct it will land and catch the wire without a tail hook, the game engine dictates how the wire animation works and the animation for the wires is not connected to the animation for a tail hook. The game see's an aircraft landing and it animates the wires.

So, a working hook is not essential, nice to see, but you can get by without it.

Ah, ok, I was trying to land on the Charles de Gaulle mod carrier (I want something that looks as close as possible to the Hermes and Invincible for the mission) and maybe I just missed the wires, I thought I hit them. Will try again!

i7-4770K @3.50GHz; EVGA 1070 8GB Superclocked; 16GB Ram; MSI Z97 Gaming; two Samsung 500GB SSD's in RAID; TrackIR; 32" 2560x1440 Samsung

Ghostrider

If you are flying a flyable it might be different, what I describe works for AI, I'm not sure what will happen with a flyable Harrier, I have not got that Mod.

The De Gaulle model is cloned over the Vinsen I believe so it should respond in exactly the same way as the in game Vinsen model, wires, traps, catapults, parking etc.

Try it on my HMS Furious/USS Reagan Mod, if it works there it should work everywhere else. Those 2 ships are cloned over the Vinsen as well.

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2883536/

I assume you do have the right coding in the Harrier.lua, for landing on a carrier, if not its this:

LandRWCategories =

{

[1] =

{

Name = "AircraftCarrier",

}, -- end of [1]

}, -- end of LandRWCategories

That coding works for anything cloned over Vinsen AND Kutznetzov.

Edited by crazyeddie

flyable "VSN_Harrier" can start and land on aircraft carriers.

flyable "VSN_Harrier_AFM" does not land on aircraft carriers.

LandRWCategories = 
       {
           [1] = 
           {
           }, -- end of [1]
       TakeOffRWCategories = 
       {
           [1] = 
           {
               Name = "AircraftCarrier With Catapult", --Vinson
           }, -- end of [1]
           [2] = 
           {
               Name = "AircraftCarrier With Tramplin", --Kuznetsov
           }, -- end of [2]
       }, -- end of TakeOffRWCategories

Awesome, thank you guys. I have not been able to try it yet, but I will let you know how it goes as soon as I do.

I had never really used the Harrier much until working on this mission, dare I say campaign. I'm doing San Carlos, Goose Green then all the hill battles around Port Stanley and I thought I might be looking at having players fly to the carrier then choose a new slot, actually landing it will be so much better.

EDIT: I made some time and am trying now, I made a pretty good landing (I can put the F-14 down 9 times out of 10) and she just keeps rolling.

I found the

LandRWCategories =

{

[1] =

{

}, -- end of [1]

TakeOffRWCategories =

{

[1] =

{

Name = "AircraftCarrier With Catapult",

}, -- end of [1]

[2] =

{

Name = "AircraftCarrier With Tramplin",

}, -- end of [2]

}, -- end of TakeOffRWCategories

in the VSN_Harrier, I'm hitting the wires, I even started scraping sparks and she won't stop on the Bush, Vinson or Furious. She has a very narrow glide slope, fine line between falling like a rock and floating away.

Edited by Ghostrider142

Ok, I've landed on the Bush, Furious and Charles de Gaulle... you have to engage the tail hook even though you don't see it. Part one of this campaign will be carrier quals because dear God she's a real bitch to land haha, even after I figured out the tail hook deal I incurred damage every time I landed. Thanks for the help.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm using the VSN_F15E_AA in a mission and I noticed that the weight and max_fuel are incorrect. I updated them from planesConst.lua (item 59)

and now the plane will not accept ground crew commands

it seems to be trying to fill fuel and never finishes ...

I would like to have the correct weight and max fuel - any idea's?

-- M_empty = 17072,--13380,--F15 with pilot and nose load, kg

-- M_nominal = 28440,--19000, kg (Empty Plus Full Internal Fuel)

-- M_max = 36741,--30845,kg (Maximum Take Off Weight)

-- M_fuel_max = 10246,--6103, kg (Internal Fuel Only)

IAF.101_Phantom, 101 squadron XO, Preflight Community Manager

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

watch your six, i'm behind you

-----

Mods: IAF_Weapons: Python 3 and 4

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2835842/

I would like to have the correct weight and max fuel - any idea's?

-- M_empty = 17072,--13380,--F15 with pilot and nose load, kg

-- M_nominal = 28440,--19000, kg (Empty Plus Full Internal Fuel)

-- M_max = 36741,--30845,kg (Maximum Take Off Weight)

-- M_fuel_max = 10246,--6103, kg (Internal Fuel Only)

the aircraft becomes too heavy for the F-15C AFM.

the chassis is already broken.

it can only be fueled 6103 (F-15C AFM)

• 1 month later...