Vergeev Group Campaign UPDATED!!

BBQ

Best way is to try it and find out. :)

For single player content it's usually pretty safe.

well i wasn't sure i'd get a response so i did just that. however i'm running into odd behavior. like if i try to make a small change to the mission and save, all sorts of stuff goes funky. also i failed the second mission even tho i followed it to a T, i thnk some of the triggers are messed up.

which goes back to why i asked if there was an updated version somewhere that i just dont know about hiding around somewhere

Acer Predator Triton 700 || i7-7700HQ || 512GB SSD || 32GB RAM || GTX1080 Max-Q || FFB II and Thrustmaster TWCS Throttle || All DCS Modules

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm betting most of the triggers are euchred.

There were about 4 missions that were mucked up a couple years ago that someone (can't remember who) fixed. But there have been so many changes and updates, I doubt it will ever work again. I was never able to get past the first few missions before it all went to pot on me. I haven't bothered with it since.

That said, I believe initially it was a top-notch campaign (i.e. really well created). It's too bad we can't get an up-to-date/working version.

SnowTiger:joystick:

One of the reasons I keep my Black Shark 1 install. I bought the original Vergeeven and have the last updated one, too - I can't see that working, considering how much even recent 3rd party campaigns have been messed up by recent patches.

Having said that, though, some friends and I are currently flying Dragon's old Ka-50 missions and so far there have been no problems at all.

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Before making any changes to the .miz, use file -》 save as and resave with a different name. Some weird stuff happens when editing missions from old versions sometimes and this often helps.

Many of the triggers initially broken in the 1.5 update are now working normally again...a lot of folks wrote everything old off as broken because of issues encountered early in 1.5 but I do think it's worth a shot. :)

Can't speak to this op personally but I have a lot of old A10 stuff that's working perfectly again.

• 7 months later...

Oh PLEASE. That would be fantastic.

This was an Excellent Campaign, even with a few bugs.

But because of all the updates (and now 1.5 whereas IIRC, Vergeev Group Campaign was made in DCS 1.2), I don't think I've even tried this campaign again since 1.2.

I'd be willing to donate $10 towards a completed "working" version of this Campaign.

SnowTiger:joystick:

Oh PLEASE. That would be fantastic.

This was an Excellent Campaign, even with a few bugs.

But because of all the updates (and now 1.5 whereas IIRC, Vergeev Group Campaign was made in DCS 1.2), I don't think I've even tried this campaign again since 1.2.

I'd be willing to donate $10 towards a completed "working" version of this Campaign.

Working on it now - there have been a few bugs in mission 2 again, but aside from that, things are looking good! No need for donation - labor of love!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

BBQ,

I love what you're doing. Never tried the campaign with BS1 so I'm so glad you've resurrected it for DCSW.

I'm curious: how many of the missions would be suitable for multiplayer and how tough would a conversion be (i.e. the intricacy of triggers)? I'm not asking you to do it (you have enough on your plate as is), but my group has a few decent mission builders who might be willing to give it a crack.

Unfortunately HF, this campaign is really not conducive to a multi-player port. There are essentially no enemy aircraft engagements, and the entire story line and voice-overs are created such that you, the player, have voice overs that communicate with HQ basically -- and there's only one mission where you fly in a two-ship -- and that other aircraft has to be AI, as it's part of completing the requirements for that mission.

Believe me, if I could, I would make this multi-player, if only to get more people to play it - but it's just not a good candidate for a number of reasons -- first and foremost being the threats/targets, mission goals, etc. -- are very limited such that another human player wouldn't have anything to do, literally.

If you try the campaign, you'll see what I mean. Or watch the video walkthrough of the missions on my YouTube channel:

BBQ,

I love what you're doing. Never tried the campaign with BS1 so I'm so glad you've resurrected it for DCSW.

I'm curious: how many of the missions would be suitable for multiplayer and how tough would a conversion be (i.e. the intricacy of triggers)? I'm not asking you to do it (you have enough on your plate as is), but my group has a few decent mission builders who might be willing to give it a crack.

• Like 1

Mission 17 is holding me up. Lots of triggers to be fixed!

Thanks a lot for updating this Campaign, it will be a really good oportunity to fly the Ka-50 again.

:)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Unfortunately HF, this campaign is really not conducive to a multi-player port. There are essentially no enemy aircraft engagements, and the entire story line and voice-overs are created such that you, the player, have voice overs that communicate with HQ basically -- and there's only one mission where you fly in a two-ship -- and that other aircraft has to be AI, as it's part of completing the requirements for that mission.

Believe me, if I could, I would make this multi-player, if only to get more people to play it - but it's just not a good candidate for a number of reasons -- first and foremost being the threats/targets, mission goals, etc. -- are very limited such that another human player wouldn't have anything to do, literally.

If you try the campaign, you'll see what I mean. Or watch the video walkthrough of the missions on my YouTube channel:

Thanks for the quick reply and explanation. SP it is!

Updated to work with 1.5.7

Ready for download! I've updated the original post -- just use the link and you'll be taken to my gDrive public folder where you can download. Let me know if anyone has any trouble downloading.

Enjoy!

BBQ

• Like 2

Downloaded, thanks! :thumbup:

Maybe you should change the disclaimer in README.txt, though. Basically right now it says: you bad. :D

(I don't feel bad anyway cause I purchased a license back in the day ;))

In any case, your work is most appreciated, thanks so much for keeping this awesome campaign alive! I think in my first play-through I made it about halfway through, so time permitting I might actually be able to go through it all the way now. :)

Downloaded, thanks!

Maybe you should change the disclaimer in README.txt, though. Basically right now it says: you bad. :D

(I don't feel bad anyway cause I purchased a license back in the day ;))

In any case, your work is most appreciated, thanks so much for keeping this awesome campaign alive! I think in my first play-through I made it about halfway through, so time permitting I might actually be able to go through it all the way now. :)

I wrote the README LOL

It's just there because at the time, for whatever reason, the producer asked me to just provide a download location for my edited version.

I heard many times this campaign is very good but never had the chance to try it. Now I will.

Thanks for fixing it.

You're in for a treat! Be sure to read the included PDF.

Ready for download! I've updated the original post --

Thanks again for your efforts, I've downloaded it and will play it as soon as I finish learning the MiG-21 .. I usually fly a single plane for several weeks, before changing to another, as I find that in this way I learn better.

I haven't flown the Shark since the Viggen's release, so this Campaign provides the perfect goal to have a refresh course on the Ka-50.

I love to fly the Campaigns generated by the Users, tough I haven't yet played all of them to completion ... they are really important to me since I mostly play DCS in single player; this are the ones that I have gathered and hope to fly to completion someday :)

vergeev.png

Best regards.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Thanks again for your efforts, I've downloaded it and will play it as soon as I finish learning the MiG-21 .. I usually fly a single plane for several weeks, before changing to another, as I find that in this way I learn better.

I haven't flown the Shark since the Viggen's release, so this Campaign provides the perfect goal to have a refresh course on the Ka-50.

I love to fly the Campaigns generated by the Users, tough I haven't yet played all of them to completion ... they are really important to me since I mostly play DCS in single player; this are the ones that I have gathered and hope to fly to completion someday :)

vergeev.png

Best regards.

You've got quite a collection there! And I know you're having fun with the MiG-21 - I love that jet!