Please optimize. 23 fps instead of 30.

D4n

What title says. In all other FC3 modules I get 30, 40, 50 fps. not 23...

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Online, on 104th server on Sukhumi airfield. And CPU, GPU not even the limits it seems? hmmm...

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

well, after a while, you'll always start to get lof FPS on airports, especially in crowded servers like the 104th, even happens to me. The only thing that can avoid this is either restarting the server more frequently or just get away from the airport as fast as possible

Plus the fact that you are on a server to begin with, any server, on a processor heavy game means you will see frame loss. Happens to me in Arma and here too. I regularly clock close to 60fps offline in Arma, but get less than 50 many times on empty servers, and I've seen as low as 23 on a very crowded King Of The Hill server.

Sorry to speak of Arma on ED forums lol....I assure you that I have made the switch to the finer sim permanently :-)

~S

The gazelle has a really good visibility cockpit, so the engine has to render a lot more objets then you sitting in a FC3 Aircraft or KA50 for example. Polychop cant really do much about that unfortunately. ED has to work there.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

*unexpected flight behaviour* Oh shiii*** ! What ? Why ? What is happening ?

The 104th server has a special kind of bone your fps going on that is unique to itself.

Looking on the map you see 8000 objects sprinkled all over the place and start to understand whats going on. Plus I think clouds are turned on been a while don't recall.

The 104th server is unplayable in VR so I don't even pay attention to it on the server list.

...Btw water is rendered all over the map.
That was in FC 1.12... Is it still true?

My experiments in DCSW 1.5 show the FPS drop (while water set to high) only with water in sight.

=WRAG=345

R7 5800X @ 4,8 GHz; DDR4 32Gb RAM (+32Gb swap); Radeon RX 6800 16Gb; 3840x2160; Win10-64

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Maybe PC specification a factor in some of these posts?

Yes there is a FPS drop between say the UH1H and GAZELLE, with me for example pushing UHD 3840x2160 with all settings on everything at HIGH & 2X MSAA and 16x AF, at BATUMI orbiting the airfield at 50' GAZ returns around 60FPS with the HUEY around 75FPS. Drop the resolution to 1920x1080 and of course everything is 100+

It is fine with RIFT as well.

I do not see this as a Gazelle bug per se but as DCS evolves more horse power is required.

Other facts to consider apart from heavily populated servers is that Helo's by their nature fly lower and therefore more objects are required to be rendered compared to say jets flying at altitude.

SIGBLOCK.png

Drop the resolution to 1920x1080 and of course everything is 100+

Well, I am afraid that those framerates are not achievable with my computer. Or by many others', I believe.

We cannot say it is a bug, but OP asked for optimization, and I agree completely because of the performance compared to almost all other modules (Hawk is another).

Gazelle does not have instrument rich cockpit, so to speak, to induce such framerate drop.

I had tested all modules I have (planes, helicopters and CA) on the same offline map with several dozen objects. All helicopters (Mi-8, Huey, Ka-50 and Gazelle) are flown very low. The difference in framerates is much higher than 20 percent.

• 4 months later...
  • ED Team

I am not seeing a problem myself

fps 60+ on 104th server with max settings.

Can I suggest if you are having issues ( or your pc is a potato :) ) try turning shadows off for MP sessions.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

@BIGNEWY: potato of the day? ever heard of it from Burk ?

About the fps, we did optimise our module to fit an average computer 2 years ago. We defenately can not optimise for low end comupters, cause we do see an evolving technology ourselfs and want to also produce modules that are evolving with the technology available, which is what every developer will look for.

We feel sorr if some customers face fps issues now and then, but as it was already mentioned, lower the graphic settings of your sim and check if your framrates will increase.

turning water down will help. turning down shadows will help. unfortunately our bird has a bigger field of view available then others and yes, the outside rendering will be the stuff that needs power. anything that moves will use gpu power, even when the outside world is still, as soon it rotates it needs to be renderred, therefore, the more you see of the outside world, the more power is needed.

Edited by borchi_2b

Even though the Gazelle does not have Mirrors, this mod will allow you to toggle of mirrors ( M) in the Gazelle. I get 15 to 25% frame boost with mirrors off.

Regretfully I forgot who made the mod, so can't give proper credit. Suffice to say, not my work.

Mirror Toggle for Gazelle.rar

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

What, non-existing-yet-still-fps-eating-invisible-mirrors?? o_O

Also, YES, shadows off gave me 30 (30!!) fps MORE, now 50 instead of 20... and this on Ryzen 5 1600X and GTX 1060... very very weird.

• ED Team
@BIGNEWY: potato of the day? ever hear of it from Burk ?

;)

26229658_10155285557738105_724199525405356783_n.jpg.042b0f0fc35529d1861a130a3aea3b13.jpg

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

GOOD ONE !!!!!

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Who is Burk?