Change rate of gunsight adjustments via buttons?

The LT

Greetings, DCS community,

I am having a slight issue with gunsight adjustments when mapped to buttons on the stick.

They are too fast for me. Is there any option (lua variable?) to adjust for the rate of the rotation when they are controlled by buttons and not analog axis?

I hope I am making myself clear. :)

Thanks a lot and I hope this is the right forum to post in

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

BRD-M2 Mi-8 Pedals (Ruddermaster controller)

BRD-N v3 Flightstick w. exch. grip upgrade (Kreml C5 controller)

Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle

Pilot seat

Many HOTAS sets allow modifying the button press rate through programming techniques. HOTAS Cougar example:

DEF X1 H2U

BTN X1 /A (DX9) DLY(80)

This introduces an 80 ms delay between commands when the button is held down.

I was hoping to avoid TARGET programming as I don't use a Warthog base currently. Maybe there is a LUA variable that would slow the rate of the dial rotation in the sim?

My controls & seat

Main controls: , BRD-N v4 Flightstick (Kreml C5 controller), TM Warthog Throttle (Kreml F3 controller), BRD-F2 Restyling Bf-109 Pedals w. damper, TrackIR5, Gametrix KW-908 (integrated into RAV4 seat)

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

Pilot seat

I had the same problem. I made 4 little changes in the file "default.lua" which is in the folder "C:\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\P-51D\Input\P-51D\joystick"

--K-14 GunSight
{pressed = device_commands.Button_14, cockpit_device_id  = devices.K14_GUNSIGHT, value_pressed = 0.1,   name = _('Gunsight target span Increase'), category = _('K-14 gunsight')}, -- original value = 0.5
{pressed = device_commands.Button_14, cockpit_device_id  = devices.K14_GUNSIGHT, value_pressed = -0.1,   name = _('Gunsight target span Decrease'), category = _('K-14 gunsight')}, -- original value = -0.5

{pressed = device_commands.Button_2, cockpit_device_id  = devices.K14_GUNSIGHT, value_pressed = 0.1,     name = _('Gunsight range to target Increase'), category = _('K-14 gunsight')}, -- original value = 0.7
{pressed = device_commands.Button_2, cockpit_device_id  = devices.K14_GUNSIGHT, value_pressed = -0.1,     name = _('Gunsight range to target Decrease'), category = _('K-14 gunsight')},-- original value = -0.7

Changing these four values to 0.1 resp. -01 for target range and span reduces the rate of change and makes it easier to set the desired value.

I did this in 1.5.6 but it should be the same in 2.1.1

If you have no experience in editing the .lua files:

1. Use the free program "Notepad ++" for editing the "default.lua". Start the program as administrator. Find the 4 lines and overwrite the original values after "value_pressed =".

2. When you have made these changes you will find that the bindings of these commands are gone. You will have to re-bind them.

3. Any software update or repair will restore the original "default.lua". Make sure you have a back-up of the modified file. Best solution is to use OvGME which makes it easy to manage such mods.

• Like 1

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Just what I needed, thanks a lot LeCuvier, you are my hero! Rep sent!

My controls & seat

Stick grips:

Thrustmaster Warthog

Thrustmaster Cougar (x2)

Thrustmaster F-16 FLCS

BRD KG13

Standby controls:

Pilot seat