VFA-106 Gladiators Inbound

Bananimal

Painting has been put on hold due to tropical storm Barry closing in on us. So, a release this week is highly unlikely at this point. I'm still shooting for a release as soon as I possibly can. Hopefully late next week.
Stay save. All the other things can wait.

Gesendet von meinem BLA-L29 mit Tapatalk

Painting has been put on hold due to tropical storm Barry closing in on us. So, a release this week is highly unlikely at this point. I'm still shooting for a release as soon as I possibly can. Hopefully late next week.

We´ll wait.

Your, and family, safety first. Take care and be safe.

F.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

That camo bird took 100+ hours.

I always see a camo bird and go, "Ooooh, I can do that." I get all excited and about halfway in I'm cursing at Photoshop, which eventually leads to my asking why do I punish myself so completely doing camo? I won't be doing any others camo schemes for a while. I can tell you that much. Until I see another cool one.......LOL! Uhhhh! VMFA-134? No....No......Noooooooooo!

Bananimal's DCS Mods and Skins

Hi Bananimal and thank you for these great skins!

I'm especially interested in the 30th anniversary F-18 and I've noticed two things you maybe could consider:

1. One blue/gold stripe extends to the canopy frame which in the template (*1.dds) is located at the left border next to the inverted/upside-down '164630'. I think the canopy frame ought to be completely white.

2. It looks to me like the 30th anniversary bird uses the standard roundel with red stripe, not a completely blue one. Also, the blue of the roundel looks like the standard blue (which is slightly darker than the blue of the livery). This may also be the case for the text (Navy/Marines) but I can't definitively tell.

Thanks again!

maxres.jpg

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

Until I see another cool one.......LOL! Uhhhh! VMFA-134? No....No......Noooooooooo!

If you're talking about the desert scheme then yes please! :thumbup:

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance

Ams999, you are correct. That video is a great resource. I wish I would have had it when doing this one.

Early on in the thread, there was some discussion about the color blue I was using. Seeing this video gave me what I needed to get it 100% right on color. I've darkened the striping blue and the stencils/decals as well. The decals are a tad darker than the painted striping as you can see in the video. Both are fixed now and the plane looks much better.

I also fixed the roundels and added the red and moved the sun visor away from the canopy frame. I'm not sure how I let the blue/gold striping bleed onto the canopy frame, but I missed it on this one. Thanks for pointing it out.

I'll be uploading a new zip file shortly. I'll let you all know when it's up and you can download the pack again.

Bananimal's DCS Mods and Skins

Wow that was quick, thank you very much!! Glad that the video could help you.

• 1 year later...

Any way you would be interested in creating an additional -106 skin?

I have plenty of reference photos, and would gladly send you a frame-ready print of the actual aircraft upon completion...

Unique aviation images for the passionate aviation enthusiast:

Fb: FighterJetGeek Aviation Images - Home | Facebook

IG: https://www.instagram.com/the_fighterjetgeek/

Aviation Photography Digest: AviationPhotoDigest.com/author/SMEEK9