Interesting fact about the F-16 Side Stick Controller - Page 4 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 07-14-2019, 09:39 PM   #31
=BJM=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deano87 View Post
Regarding the stick position. I’m replicating the real jets seat/stick position as close as I can so the 12 degrees should work for me I think. We shall see hehe.
I am trying to do the same by looking at in cockpit photos, but I can't tell if it's positioned upper, mid, or lower thigh. Right now, I sit down with my arms hanging straight down at my side. I then bend 90 deg at the elbow and where my hand is naturally positioned, is where I move my chair to line up and grip the stick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by =Panther= View Post
Yes, TARGET has offset ability in the programming.
Great to hear! Is it in the UI somewhere or does it require deeper programming/scripting?
=BJM= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 10:44 PM   #32
VampireNZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by =BJM= View Post
I am trying to do the same by looking at in cockpit photos, but I can't tell if it's positioned upper, mid, or lower thigh. Right now, I sit down with my arms hanging straight down at my side. I then bend 90 deg at the elbow and where my hand is naturally positioned, is where I move my chair to line up and grip the stick.
Same here - this is quite a good pic showing stick location with reference to leg location.

I am personally going with mid-thigh location as the bolster on my Obutto rig impacts how far back my upper arm can go. Can easily see how you need the 12 degree offset, if you draw a line from the stick to your shoulder. Pulling/tilting straight back would be quite difficult. As you move the stick location further forward a little you prob need a slightly lower angle (like 1 degree).

Last edited by VampireNZ; 07-14-2019 at 10:46 PM.
VampireNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2019, 11:14 PM   #33
=Panther=

Quote:
Originally Posted by =BJM= View Post
Great to hear! Is it in the UI somewhere or does it require deeper programming/scripting?
Doesn't take much, just tell it how much you want to offset, apply, save, and then run the profile.

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Twitch Channel
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII HERO, i7 6700k, G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, JetSeat, Oculus Rift cv1, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC
=Panther= is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
f-16, f-16 stick, fssb, ssc, stick