C-101 power settings and speeds for climb, cruise and decent?

panzerd18

On this pdf there is an optimal climb speed chart: https://1drv.ms/b/s!Ai6cuX3YQI26hMVWuRm9BHHSxfU5Qg

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Thank you very much, is there a power setting for cruise?

Actually, I dont know about a single optimal power setting ... as the C-101 is very economical on its fuel consumption and DCS' maps are small, I never worry about this type of things.

However, on the manual of the real plane are some charts that may interest you: First, this chart shows the optimal altitude to get maximum range depending on the aircraft's weight:

VVA3N9K.jpg

This other chart shows what endurance you can get at different speeds (ground speed):

q7nNUJj.jpg

To use, you enter on the top left with the weight of the plane, go right to the altitude you want to fly, then down to get the Mach number, then right and then slide down until intersecting the external air Tº, then right to intersect with the head/tail wind conditions you have, then up to get the optimal cruise speed in knots (this is Ground Speed, not IAS).

This is a complementary chart of the previous one:

MCgveCb.jpg

But, as I said I fly for fun and so almost never worry about fuel on the C-101 :)

Cheers

Edit: I forgot to add that these charts are for the C-101EB only ... the CC has a different, more powerful, engine and thus the charts dont apply to it.

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Don't trust too much those charts. That manual that you can find in internet is a too old version with some wrong data. You should use the data included in our manual. If some data is missing in our manual, then you can use the one in that old manual, but take into account that won't be accurate.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sigpic97175_2_small.pngAERGES-LOGO-sin_fondo_small.png

Don't trust too much those charts. That manual that you can find in internet is a too old version with some wrong data. You should use the data included in our manual. If some data is missing in our manual, then you can use the one in that old manual, but take into account that won't be accurate.

Hi Vinita, thank you for replying, do you have a rough idea of the cruise and climb power setting? This is not in the manual.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I'm just now getting into the C-101 and have very little idea what I'm doing.

I took off from Batumi with cloud ceiling around 2,000 ft, headed for Tbilisi and began to climb about 200 fpm full throttle. I watched the temp gauge closely (due to fire in the previous 5 or 6 attempts). I got on top around 10,000 feet and pulled the throttle back just to make sure the temp gauge dropped a bit. I focused on the compass and keeping the altitude and attitude steady. I look at the other gauges only to hear the fire alarm go off.

Is the temperature that sensitive? Or have I just pushed the engines too much in the climb out?

I have finally gotten to land at Tbilisi a couple times and she is sweet on the VFR approach.

Just to be sure, all that ALT and HDG stuff lower right isn't really an autopilot, right?

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

Just to be sure, all that ALT and HDG stuff lower right isn't really an autopilot, right?

No, it is a flight director .. it tells you what flight attitudes you have to maintain, but it doesn't do it for you ... keep in mind that this is a training aircraft, the student pilot must learn to fly the aircraft by himself, not by an autopilot :)

No, it is a flight director .. it tells you what flight attitudes you have to maintain, but it doesn't do it for you ... keep in mind that this is a training aircraft, the student pilot must learn to fly the aircraft by himself, not by an autopilot :)

Yeah, I had guessed that but wanted confirmation. Thanks.

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

Make sure you don't exceed 831 degrees for more than 5 minutes.

Okay. Thanks.