Looking for help with a strange problem - Page 2 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 08-12-2018, 02:07 AM   #11
Stonehouse

@Alfa, thank you. We can try that as well. I assume 3ds max will let you clone a material from an existing one and so end up with a new material. I'm not the 3d artist.

@Eddie, Ok I don't have any tool to look at the edm's but will refer your thoughts onto Mario. He sent me an updated edm last night with textures such that the payloads should be no longer sharing. I don't know if that includes your point about Material 33 or not.
Stonehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 02:11 AM   #12
uboats
ED Tester / ED Moderator

the problem is EQN & MED are diff loadouts.

so EQN on station 1 and MED on station 2 is not symmetric load. therefore, AI will release them in two separated rounds, that's why you will only see 12 parachutes not 12 + 12

even multi rack pylon does not help, since for multi rack pylon, it now only supports to mount single weapon/munition type, while now MED and EQN are diff munition types.

i will try more and see whether i can find a solution

My DCS Mods, Skins, Utilities and Scripts

| Windows 10 | i7-4790K | GTX 980Ti Hybrid | 32GB RAM | 2TB SSD + 1TB HDD |
| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |

Last edited by uboats; 08-12-2018 at 07:04 AM.
uboats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2018, 06:19 AM   #13
Stonehouse

Thanks uboats, I think I understand what you are telling me.

So you believe the carpet bombing mode is stopping all the payloads being dropped because they are dissimilar ie different munitions on pylon 1 and pylon 2 even though they are of the same general category?

I did try normal bombing but got the same result. I definitely picked bombs and all in both cases and also 1 attack for normal bombing. So I would have thought it would have worked?

It sounds like you are saying even if I got a stock aircraft and had different bomb types loaded I would not be able to drop all of them at once? Have I understood you right? I'll have to try that with say an f18 with Mk82s and mk84s or something similar and see what happens.
Old 08-12-2018, 06:59 AM   #14
uboats
ED Tester / ED Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonehouse View Post
Thanks uboats, I think I understand what you are telling me.

So you believe the carpet bombing mode is stopping all the payloads being dropped because they are dissimilar ie different munitions on pylon 1 and pylon 2 even though they are of the same general category?

I did try normal bombing but got the same result. I definitely picked bombs and all in both cases and also 1 attack for normal bombing. So I would have thought it would have worked?

It sounds like you are saying even if I got a stock aircraft and had different bomb types loaded I would not be able to drop all of them at once? Have I understood you right? I'll have to try that with say an f18 with Mk82s and mk84s or something similar and see what happens.
yes, that's what i mean

| TM Warthog Stick | CH Pro Throttle + Pro Pedal | TIR5 Pro | TM MFD Cougar | Gun Camera: PrtScn |
Old 08-12-2018, 07:50 AM   #15
Stonehouse

Yeah ok thanks. I tried the new F18 as an AI, mixed mk82s and 84s on ground attack and told it to do a ww2 carpet bomb attack. Only the outer pylons dropped so it seems confirmed that currently mixed bomb loads won't work as I hoped. I believe to get the different coloured chutes I need to declare the payloads we're creating as different shape files and therefore separate unique weapons? Is that correct or is there some way around it?

Cheers,
Stonehouse
Old 08-12-2018, 08:39 AM   #16
uboats
ED Tester / ED Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonehouse View Post
Yeah ok thanks. I tried the new F18 as an AI, mixed mk82s and 84s on ground attack and told it to do a ww2 carpet bomb attack. Only the outer pylons dropped so it seems confirmed that currently mixed bomb loads won't work as I hoped. I believe to get the different coloured chutes I need to declare the payloads we're creating as different shape files and therefore separate unique weapons? Is that correct or is there some way around it?

Cheers,
Stonehouse
seems impossible to do it in that way. Since if you use PLACEHOLDER as the L4 index, then your two declaration would be two different loadout. If you make them with same L4, the later declared one would override all.

Old 08-12-2018, 09:28 AM   #17
Stonehouse

Thanks uboats for your help. So it seems that it requires an enhancement/change to DCS internal code to be able to drop everything at once. Which quite reasonably enough won't happen until ED need it to be that way for some aircraft they are working on. We'll have to rethink what we're doing and even perhaps if there is a point to it. Having the aircraft do multiple passes over the target area to drop each type of payload doesn't align well with what I understand were the standard real life practices.
Old 08-13-2018, 08:26 PM   #18
uboats
ED Tester / ED Moderator

I think so.
yesterday, i tried multi-rack pylon with different weapon types. Unfortunately, it didn't work.

Old 08-13-2018, 10:41 PM   #19
Stonehouse

Thanks for your help. Trying to think of a reasonable compromise solution at the moment.