500 Missions for the MiG-15

emolina

Hi everyone, long story short I made a thing that made 500 missions for the MiG-15.

The long story is here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=172869

This could be an interesting flight!

The 'Interesting Flights' system is a generator of sort-of-random missions aimed at making sure you never have to fly the same mission twice. They are interesting because you don't know what's going to happen in them. Every mission is different. The flight plan for each mission is generated just for that mission. There is no combat but there IS scoring.

The flight plan is complete, well annotated, and can be found on your kneeboard.

Below you will find the download link, there are 100 missions in the 'annotated' directory. Their filename gives you some clues about what will happen during the mission (format explained in the post linked above). There are 400 missions in the 'interesting' directory, they don't tell you anything except their difficulty.

The message linked above explains the system, its goals, and what you will find in each mission. It's fairly long! I hope you enjoy it.

Mission Briefing

Look at the weather forecast on your kneeboard, then checkout the flight plan details.

The aim of these missions is to get the aircraft safely back on the ground, sometimes it's easy, sometimes it's hard, sometimes you shouldn't even fly.

You'll get a higher score if you meet the take off and landing times shown in your flight plan. Down to the second.

Make sure there isn't anything wrong with your aircraft during startup.

You are not supposed to complete all the 'Interesting Flights', for many, you shouldn't even take off! A lot of the higher numbered flights are just not safe.

Make sure the weather and your aircraft are suitable. If not, download another flight. Or download a bunch of them in the first place so you can go trough them quickly.

There are plenty there, no reason to ever fly one twice. So don't, they are a lot more fun if you don't know what's going to happen.

During the flight you can use the 'F10' radio menu to find out:

• Your score for the mission so far.
  • What you are expected to do next.
  • Get a helping hand by seeing your ground speed and the elapsed mission time down to the second.

You will not experience or see any combat during this flight.

'Interesting Flights' uses the MOOSE scripting framework and Open Maps.

kneeboard_flight_plan.png

flight_plan_menu.png

kneeboard_map.png

WHERE TO GET THE MISSIONS FROM

Please read the thread linked above if you don't know what this is all about! You can download the missions from a shared DropBox folder here:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mzic1uoxnyofgm3/AADJTks7pN0nmj1CqpmqUy5oa?dl=0

• Like 1

I forgot to list the possible failures you may get in the missions:

• FAIL_HYDRO_START failure of the utility hydraulic system at mission start
  • FAIL_BOOSTER_START failure of the booster hydraulic system at mission start
  • FAIL_GEN_FLIGHT failure of the generator during they flight
  • FAIL_HYDRO_FLIGHT failure of the utility hydraulic system during flight
  • FAIL_BOOSTER_FLIGHT failure of the booster hydraulic system during flight
  • FAIL_OXY_FLIGHT failure of the oxygen system during flight
  • FAIL_PRESS_FLIGHT depressurisation during flight
  • FAIL_INSUFFICIENT_FUEL not enough fuel in the aircraft to complete the flight.

You will see these failures listed in the filenames of the missions in the 'Annotated' directory and they will occur randomly in missions in the 'Interesting' directory but you won't know in which ones!

Edited by emolina

Beautiful! I've been flying the MiG-15 a lot lately. Later today I'll give this a whirl! many thanks.

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Pretty cool. I like the whole scoring concept. thank you for creating this!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Well it does seem fun to a point but i guess its an ideal thing to keep you aware of your ac,keep you up to date on emerg procedures ect ect..

Now that would be cool if it was built into dcs missions to have such issues before,during or after combat missions...

Not gotten that far yet,just messing around with free flight with my modules i do have so i dont know if stuff like that if it already is built in or not..

The "SCALES" of aeronautical performance will weigh heavily on your next move..

Well it does seem fun to a point but i guess its an ideal thing to keep you aware of your ac,keep you up to date on emerg procedures ect ect..

Exactly.

Most missions don't take these things into account, that's fine for combat heavy missions because flying the aircraft is not the focus.

I really like flying the aircraft though, so the random conditions makes it a lot more interesting for me.

If you just lost the engine, you just lost the engine, if it happened as a result of combat or a cross country flight you still have to react well to survive.

Hi Uke! I've also got missions for the Sabre and FW-190 now, AND, also, I'm asking for a little bit of help with getting other aircraft onto the system.

So if there is a particular aircraft you like ... https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=172869&page=4

Cool! I don't have those but I have the 109. I'll try to send you a modified .miz file for it tomorrow if no one else has pitched in yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi emolina, just wanted to say this is a fantastic idea. I was looking for a sort of duty pilot campaign where I just fly and land and get occasional weather and technical problems. Nothing fancy like 99% of the missions where you have to attack something within 5 minutes.

I think this is a great step in this direction. If there is something I can do to help let me know.