DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone

Ciribob

Minimal adjust to sync the GUI order with the "LUA order"

Edit: LUA attached with the radios displayed in order in the GUI.

Tarres, is this drag and drop or do I need to run installer again?

Sierra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Drag and drop.

I´ve send it to Ciribob for the next release.

Keep the original LUA, so if there is any error you can revert it.

I´ve made a quick test and it seems to be ok.

Thanks Tarres! Changes make much more sense :)

I'll have it in the next release with A10C radio encryption.

Got the encryption box outputting from DCS as the first step. Might have a release mid next week with it in. :)

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Not having read this entire thread, because you claimed

"The work can't be done without the data so if you can help fill in a box please do! smile.gif"

what about taking same values for the start for all aircraft (realistic line-of-sight limitations) ? :)

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Not having read this entire thread, because you claimed

"The work can't be done without the data so if you can help fill in a box please do! smile.gif"

what about taking same values for the start for all aircraft (realistic line-of-sight limitations) ? :)

Well the work could be done now I have a few values but I'd prefer to get it right with the correct values. I'm also not to that part yet, I have a lot of work to go before I start on it so im asking for help with the research in the meantime.

The current work order is:

Encrypted Radio support

Gci radio with 10 radios

Distance limitations

Line of sight limitations

Better radio effects

Overlay injected into game via dx11

If anyone is interested I thought this article was a good read to learn about radio range.

http://m.electronicdesign.com/communications/understanding-wireless-range-calculations

Edited by Ciribob
  • Like 1

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Hey,

Can somebody else check to see if the "G" is appearing next to the UHf Frequency in the Radio Frequency Overlay when "BOTH" is selected on the A-10C UHf Radio?

(Noticed it before leaving for work and didn't have time to verify.)

Sierra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Hey,

Can somebody else check to see if the "G" is appearing next to the UHf Frequency in the Radio Frequency Overlay when "BOTH" is selected on the A-10C UHf Radio?

(Noticed it before leaving for work and didn't have time to verify.)

Sierra

Yeah I just noticed this while testing encryption just now.

Sorry, happened when reording the radios. Might do a release tonight to fix and add encryption.

Actually here's some LUA that'll fix it. Just replace the one in Saved Games\DCS\Scripts (no need for an installer)

Attached are some screenshots showing the Encrypted Radio working in DCS. The +E indicates which radio will have voice encryption enabled. The radio is selected with either C/RAD 1 (UHF) or C/RAD 2 (VHF). Setting the KY58 to plain turns off encryption.

With the voice encryption turned on and activated on either the VHF or UHF radio, anyone else on the same frequency without Voice encryption or if the Fill channel doesnt match will just hear white noise. You will still be able to receive non encrypted voice without issue.

1520229961_EncryptionOFF.thumb.JPG.92cc333f1819d5253743abcce69831d2.JPG

1367271000_encryptVHF.thumb.JPG.ede785204730c534edacd81912ec5a67.JPG

1885126788_EncryptUHF.thumb.JPG.a117a4c5debed338fced5b55685bdd7e.JPG

DCS-SimpleRadioStandalone.lua

Yeah I just noticed this while testing encryption just now.

Sorry, happened when reording the radios. Might do a release tonight to fix and add encryption.

Ciribob,

No need to apologize. Things like this happen! Thank you for all you're doing.

Sierra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Actually here's some LUA that'll fix it. Just replace the one in Saved Games\DCS\Scripts (no need for an installer)

Attached are some screenshots showing the Encrypted Radio working in DCS. The +E indicates which radio will have voice encryption enabled. The radio is selected with either C/RAD 1 (UHF) or C/RAD 2 (VHF). Setting the KY58 to plain turns off encryption.

With the voice encryption turned on and activated on either the VHF or UHF radio, anyone else on the same frequency without Voice encryption or if the Fill channel doesnt match will just hear white noise. You will still be able to receive non encrypted voice without issue.

How are ya handling the "Fill" aspect?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

How are ya handling the "Fill" aspect?

The fill channel is sent along with the voice data so if it doesn't match you'll just hear white noise as well. I think that's how it's supposed to work?

Not sure about showing the channel on the overlay, might remove the +E and change to E1, E2 etc.

Is it worth showing on the overlay?

The fill channel is sent along with the voice data so if it doesn't match you'll just hear white noise as well. I think that's how it's supposed to work?

Not sure about showing the channel on the overlay, might remove the +E and change to E1, E2 etc.

Is it worth showing on the overlay?

Let me get back to you...I'm gonna dig to see if I have some training docs in storage.

Sierra oo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Hi,

I'm trying to wrap my head around the various radio options we have for DCS. My aim is to have as realistic comms as possible (as in the way of tuning/using radios).

Comparing DCS-Simple Radio and DCS-Simple Radio Standalone, it seems to me that Standalone is a clear winner:

- does not require TS

- has more features

- has more active development

Is there any situation where I would want to use DCS-Simple Radio over DCS-Simple Radio Standalone? Could we assume that DCS-Simple Radio was an initial attempt, but then the focus shifted to the Standalone and the original will be slowly abandoned?

Yes, it was the initial attempt.

Now all the work is in the Standalone.

@Sierra, about the "Guard bug", it was my mistake. I forgot to change the variable for the guard frequencies when I was changing the radio order for the GUI.

Let me get back to you...I'm gonna dig to see if I have some training docs in storage.

Sierra oo

Thanks! I've had a google about and found a few manuals as well. The 1-6 are the encryption / decryption keys so if you've encrypted with key/fill 1 and received with key/fill 2 you shouldn't be able to hear anything... I think.

Hi,

I'm trying to wrap my head around the various radio options we have for DCS. My aim is to have as realistic comms as possible (as in the way of tuning/using radios).

Comparing DCS-Simple Radio and DCS-Simple Radio Standalone, it seems to me that Standalone is a clear winner:

- does not require TS

- has more features

- has more active development

Is there any situation where I would want to use DCS-Simple Radio over DCS-Simple Radio Standalone? Could we assume that DCS-Simple Radio was an initial attempt, but then the focus shifted to the Standalone and the original will be slowly abandoned?

Thats pretty much it, but handily I developed both so I can answer a bit more :)

I do plan to keep the SimpleRadio TS plugin update to date with new aircraft as they are released (F-5 Etc) but yes the Standalone is where 99% of my efforts will be concentrated.

As its built from the ground up, rather than relying on TS I can do a lot more much more quickly as I hope you've seen :)

The only advantage of the TeamSpeak plugin is you can connect to any TeamSpeak server (with flood limit disabled) and use the plugin and at the moment its more likely you'll find a TeamSpeak server than a SimpleRadio server. Hopefully that'll change over time as the Standalone has only been properly available for just over 2 weeks and some big groups such as TAW & BlueFlag are already running it.

You can also connect to any ones SimpleRadio server and fly on your own hosted mission and it will still work as you'll see in the overview video.

Tarres pointed out that the Mirage is supposed to support encryption as well. I've just taken a picture of the manual below as well but this post indicates that it's not the case: http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2641009&postcount=8?

Can anyone say for certain whether the Mirage radios do support encryption? If so I can add it in the release hopefully this afternoon.

Also if they do support encryption, can they decode an A-10C transmission? I can make the Mirage to use one of the same channels as the A-10C then so they can speak securely (as long as the A-10C sets the correct channel). If not i'll add a channel so the mirage can just speak securely to a mirage.

mirage-manual.thumb.JPG.3a102bd19e80486c4b055f91d7129e83.JPG

Edited by Ciribob

Hey Ciribob, is there a way to bind the keyboard in the settings ? Unfortunately I don't have enough button on my stick, it would be nice to expand the binding possibilities.

Currently there is not, I had to take it away as it didnt work consistently but Im looking at bringing it back.

You actually one need one bind, the Common PTT. Although obviously not ideal you can actually switch radios by clicking on the coloured Dot on the Radio Overlay for FC3, Mirage, A10C and Gazelle.

All other aircraft the PTT is changed in cockpit anyway by either a DCS keybind or you interacting with it :)

If you only fly Huey, Mi8 and P51D you can actually do it all from the cockpit with no external keybinds! :D

I think i am going to be needing some help with this, well basically it is not working and i am guessing it is what you call an error code 40 (the error is about 40 cm from the monitor).

I have installed and i find 2 lua files in the users/saved games/DCS/scripts

and the line have been added to the export lua aswell.

When i am on the blue flag server and connected to the blue flag radio nothing happens, i open up the overlay and it simply states "no radio" on all 3 radios, i am in the MIG29S and this doesnt change even after i have started up the plane.

Any help would be appreciated as i would like to use this awesome mod :)

Thanks! I've had a google about and found a few manuals as well. The 1-6 are the encryption / decryption keys so if you've encrypted with key/fill 1 and received with key/fill 2 you shouldn't be able to hear anything... I think.

Correct. Each kill fill is an entirely independent crypto key, if you're not on the same key as someone else you won't be able to descramble their transmissions and vice versa if you're encrypting using a different key to someone they won't hear yours either.

In case it's not clear the key 1/2/3/4/5/6 selection on the KY-58 panel are not fixed channels or modifiers of a single key as has been implemented in other solutions, they are entirely independent key loads. The perfect implementation would be 6 seperate number/letter fields for keys in the control panel for the user to enter they own key fills.

Can anyone say for certain whether the Mirage radios do support encryption? If so I can add it in the release hopefully this afternoon.

Aircraft having a minimum of one secure voice radio is a NATO requirement, so yes, the Mirage and every complaint other tactical aircraft in service with a NATO member today does.

Also if they do support encryption, can they decode an A-10C transmission? I can make the Mirage to use one of the same channels as the A-10C then so they can speak securely (as long as the A-10C sets the correct channel). If not i'll add a channel so the mirage can just speak securely to a mirage.

Again yes, NATO standard, assuming they have the same key fill. This is where the live keys themselves are generated by NATO C2 IRL and distributed to all units.

It's worth noting (as DCS modelling may not make it clear) that while the A-10C and some others have separate physical cockpit control panels for secure comms, many more modern aircraft have the control functions embedded in their UFC/DED/MFD etc. along with Havequick and the other radio controls so their presence will not be obvious.

Edited by Eddie

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL