Headtracking hardware ideas? Anyone?

WR, I have seen those edtracker vids and have basically set up that way first. Guess I am looking for an explanation as to what scaling and smoothing is. I am hoping to get my cockpit setup running with my actual head movement kept to a minimum. 20 degrees in any direction would be nice. And a nice non jerky flow.
Have you tried emailing the developer or posting in the video? He is very active and responds directly.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I´m using EDtracker pro. Works fine for me, comes almost near to 6DOF albeit it´s really only 3DOF... :-) It has to be calibrated ever time i start a new session at the pc, but that´s a matter of few seconds! I didn´t want any LEDs at my headset nor a cam on my monitor, so EDTracker is the real thing! :-)

X-56 HOTAS, TFRP Pedals

Modules: F-5E, FC3, F/A-18C, Mirage 2000 C, AV-8BNA, FW-190 A-8, F-16C Viper

SystemSpecs: AMD A8-6600K (4x3,9GHz), 16 GB RAM, NVidia GeForce GTX1070 8GB, WIN10 64bit

I have this:

https://www.trackhat.org/product-page/trackhat-clip-head-tracking-kit

And I'm in love with it, works perfectly. As I never had TrackIR, I was curious to see if there was any difference in precision or input lag. After seeing many vids of TrackIR, I got the impression that there is no noticeable difference. You do have to adjust the settings on the opentrack software though... right after installation it felt horribly laggy and imprecise, but after adjusting the curves and parameters it feels amazing. But I suppose you'd also have to adjust the settings for TrackIR.

One known difference is that TrackIR has it's own processor inside the camera, so it doesn't use your PC's processor. But I tested in DCS 1.5 and fps was 42 both with my tracking on and off, so I guess it makes no difference for DCS. In Arma 3 it droped from 117 to 112 fps, not a significant difference...

My DCS modding videos:

Modules I own so far:

Black Shark 2, FC3, UH-1H, M-2000C, A-10C, MiG-21, Gazelle, Nevada map

Looks like my Ed is now working flawlessly in DCS. Just have to get used to it. Nice to have the C hat on stick freed up for trim. No 6 degrees but I will probably set up the psudo6 in time. Like I said, the pinky wheel on throttle is a great zoom for me.

On IL2 BOS it is another matter. I have only horizontal movement and it persists in not taking the vertical axis. Donot know why. May have to use open track with it. Am over there talking with them.