how to prevent Oculus Rift Home from starting with computer reboot

fitness88

Do you use Oculus Tray Tool by chance?

If so check it's settings for this.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I have my headset hanging up on the wall behind my monitor, so Oculus Home only starts when I bring it further forward than my sensors (which sit either side of the monitor). Hope that helps.

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

I have my headset hanging up on the wall behind my monitor, so Oculus Home only starts when I bring it further forward than my sensors (which sit either side of the monitor). Hope that helps.

The distance of my HMD and sensors hasn't changed from the time I didn't have this issue to now having it.

Oculus Tray Tool, 'Start with Windows' is unchecked.

I do have 'Start Oculus service when tool starts' checked.

Try unchecking the latter.

Also, if the headset happens to be in the line of sight of one of the sensors, that will trigger it to start also.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Right click the Oculus Home shortcut and go to Properties, Compatibility, and check Run as Administrator. It won't auto-launch when you restart your pc.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Thanks all for the info, I'll give it all a try.

What I have also noticed recently is that while I have my HMD connected to both the HDMI and USB, when not in use I put a cloth over to cover it and the orange light turns off which it always did but not the white light does not now come on when before I did this, it would.

HMMM...maybe this is causing the auto starting of OR on restart, TBC...

Edited by fitness88