[Official] SimShaker for Aviators

There’s a section in the special option tab to set up a dead zone for +- g

I7 7700 2080ti 32gb ram dofreality h2

Virpil Hotas

I know where it is, the G effect is not what I'm talking about, I have the G effect totally disabled, it's the stall/buffet effect that is the problem.

Edited by Deezle

Intel 9600K@4.9GHz, Asus Z390, 32GB DDR4, EVGA RTX 3070, Custom Water Cooling, 970 EVO 1TB NVMe

34" UltraWide 3440x1440 Curved Monitor, 21" Touch Screen MFD monitor, TIR5

My Pit Build, VKB Gunfighter Pro w/WH Grip, TMWH Throttle, MFG Crosswinds W/Combat Pedals, Cougar MFDs, Custom A-10C panels, Custom Helo Collective, SimShaker with Transducer

F4l0!! You and the SSA team, THANK YOU for implementing support for the ForceFeel! had an amazing time with the Tomcat! Please, can you remind us how we can donate to you! If you have a paypal option that would be great!

Thx for the kind words. If you really like to donate something write me a message...

I suspect this is more of a module issue than a Simshaker issue, but in the F-14 I'm getting light buffet/stall vibrations in normal, level cruising flight and it's kind of annoying.

Is there anything that can be done to filter out the light buffet/stall inputs so I only start getting feedback when I'm actually yanking and banking?

The F14 has a lot of buffet/shaking even in normal flight. Currently everything is summarized as stall/buffet effect. Maybe I'll add there another option to disable all buffet/shaking related effects exported trough the special interface Heatblur provided for SSA

I unchecked each in turn to try and isolate it.

Removed Ground roll - issue remained.

Removed Whee Blocking - issue was fixed.

Did not remove ground bumps.

Once I landed and turned off the engines the vibration ceased,

F/A-18C was what I was flying.

I noticed that several times too with the ForceFeel seat. Thus I assume it might be hardware related... I'll have another look today...

Edited by f4l0

Do you mean in the Special Options? FYI, I am also getting the same rumbles when on the ship and engines off.

EDIT: It's the Wheel Blocking, Ground Roll, & Ground Bumps effect. After unchecking them, the rumbles stop.

Yeah, that's really sad since SSA can not determine if the plane slides over a runway or stands still on a moving deck. Up to now, I was not able to find a good workaround with the data I can extract from DCS...

First of all, a big thanks for making SSA work with the ForceFeel :thumbup:

I got my seat 2 months ago and it was just sitting there useless until now.

I tried it with several planes and helicopters and it works fine. However, I noticed that only the 6 lower motors are used and not the 2 upper ones.

I tested the seat with the ForceFeel control application and all 8 motors work.

Maybe you're aware of this, but I preferred to mention it here.

Thanks again for great work F4l0

iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, i7 4 GHz, 32 GB RAM, AMD R9 M395X 4 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Cougar MFD | MFG Crosswind | EDTracker Pro | Realteus ForceFeel

DCS World | Bf109 | Fw190 A8/D9 | P47 | P51 | Spitfire | I16 | C101 | L39 | F86F | MiG15 | MiG19 | MiG21 | FC3 | A10C | AJS37 | AV8BNA | F5 | F14 | F16 | F/A18 | M2000 | JF17 | Christen Eagle | Yak52 | SA342 | UH1H | Mi8 | Ka50 | Combined Arms | NS430 | Persian Gulf | Normandy | Channel | Syria | NTTR | WWII Assets

Yeah, that's really sad since SSA can not determine if the plane slides over a runway or stands still on a moving deck. Up to now, I was not able to find a good workaround with the data I can extract from DCS...

Hi f4l0,

I do have a Realteus ForceFeel, wich lay unused because I only play DCS. I also have an Oculus headset and a motion rig (3DOF).

I'm also a programmer, so I was wandering if I can help testing the Wings integration with DCS for Forcefeel.

Thank you

i7-8770K @5GHZ , Asus Strix GTX 1080, 32 GB Ram DDR4 3200, Samsung EVO 960 NVME, Samsung EVO 850 SSD, Windows 10 Pro

Thrustmaster Warthog Stick and Throttle, Rudders

Oculus Rift CV1

Hi f410,

I've been doing some further testing and I've turned off lots of effects - yet I'm still getting continued vibration. What I think may be happening is any effect that is 'time bound' - such as weapon release, gear down etc is fine. However any effect that is 'continuous' until the situation that caused it to start stops, has a chance of not in fact stopping when told to.

So things like WEP/Afterburner, Speed brake shudders, gfeeling effect - all of those can cause continued vibe even when the state that caused it to start has stopped as the 'stop' commands aren't always being acted upon by the seat motors.

If I remove all of these 'continued' effects - then the discrete effects come through absolutely fine...

It's a real shame as the discrete effects are so cool....

I've also noted that when using the 'test' funtionality - over 50% of the time - the lower left back motor gets 'stuck'.

Do any other Force Feel users also feel this?

It works fine on sound mode as far as I can tell - and the force feel app test seems fine too (Note - I do not use it when using SSA).

Edited by Arctander

By adjusting the settings I was able to tame it down while cruising, some values are at 100% and some other go as low as 1, with any numbers in between. If it helps I could post all my values.

I was wondering if the buffeting cues are implemented, is it possible that it is currently constant?

The cockpit shakes like crazy, but no noticeable difference in the vibration... I would greatly appreciate that this would be implemented correctly as I rely on it to push the envelope.

METEOP

i5-6600K OC@4.5Ghz, GTX 1070 OC, 32Gb RAM, M.2 NVMe SSD

Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Rudder Pro, Trackhat Clip, 1080p projector, Custom touchscreen rig, Ikarus touchscreen panel, Voice Attack, ReShade, Simshaker Aviator

Hi f410,

I've been doing some further testing and I've turned off lots of effects - yet I'm still getting continued vibration. What I think may be happening is any effect that is 'time bound' - such as weapon release, gear down etc is fine. However any effect that is 'continuous' until the situation that caused it to start stops, has a chance of not in fact stopping when told to.

So things like WEP/Afterburner, Speed brake shudders, gfeeling effect - all of those can cause continued vibe even when the state that caused it to start has stopped as the 'stop' commands aren't always being acted upon by the seat motors.

If I remove all of these 'continued' effects - then the discrete effects come through absolutely fine...

It's a real shame as the discrete effects are so cool....

I've also noted that when using the 'test' funtionality - over 50% of the time - the lower left back motor gets 'stuck'.

Do any other Force Feel users also feel this?

It works fine on sound mode as far as I can tell - and the force feel app test seems fine too (Note - I do not use it when using SSA).

Yeah, I saw something like this too. But not that much I can do, seems like a hardware problem... I asked the devs at Realtus but I'm still waiting...

On my side the continuous effects stop if they should... Anyone else having this issues?

Edited by f4l0

By adjusting the settings I was able to tame it down while cruising, some values are at 100% and some other go as low as 1, with any numbers in between. If it helps I could post all my values.

I was wondering if the buffeting cues are implemented, is it possible that it is currently constant?

The cockpit shakes like crazy, but no noticeable difference in the vibration... I would greatly appreciate that this would be implemented correctly as I rely on it to push the envelope.

What seat do you use? There, I calculate a delta between two measurement points, if it's greater then some threshold SSA fires an effect. In addition, SSA plays some random vibrations...

Please also check the experimental effect view in the view menu to see which effects are running...

Just FYI, got this after ejecting in the F-14

2019-03-16 16:38:49.198 ERROR   Lua::Config: Call error LuaExportAfterNextFrame:[string "D:\Users\frank\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts/SimShaker.lua"]:790: attempt to index local 'epoxy' (a number value)
stack traceback:
[C]: ?
[C]: in function 'data_send'
[string "D:\Users\frank\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts/SimShaker.lua"]:898: in function 'AfterNextFrame'
[string "D:\Users\frank\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts/SimShaker.lua"]:931: in function 'LuaExportAfterNextFrame'
[string "D:\Users\frank\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\SimShaker-export-core\ExportCore.lua"]:62: in function 'OtherLuaExportAfterNextFrame'
[string "D:\Users\frank\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua"]:225: in function 'PrevLuaExportAfterNextFrame'
[string "D:\Users\frank\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua"]:65: in function <[string "D:\Users\frank\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua"]:58>.
2019-03-16 16:38:49.255 WARNING LOG: 8 duplicate message(s) skipped.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

Just FYI, got this after ejecting in the F-14

2019-03-16 16:38:49.198 ERROR   Lua::Config: Call error LuaExportAfterNextFrame:[string "D:\Users\frank\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts/SimShaker.lua"]:790: attempt to index local 'epoxy' (a number value)
stack traceback:
   [C]: ?
   [C]: in function 'data_send'
   [string "D:\Users\frank\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts/SimShaker.lua"]:898: in function 'AfterNextFrame'
   [string "D:\Users\frank\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts/SimShaker.lua"]:931: in function 'LuaExportAfterNextFrame'
   [string "D:\Users\frank\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\SimShaker-export-core\ExportCore.lua"]:62: in function 'OtherLuaExportAfterNextFrame'
   [string "D:\Users\frank\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts\VAICOMPRO\VAICOMPRO.export.lua"]:225: in function 'PrevLuaExportAfterNextFrame'
   [string "D:\Users\frank\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua"]:65: in function <[string "D:\Users\frank\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts/TacviewGameExport.lua"]:58>.
2019-03-16 16:38:49.255 WARNING LOG: 8 duplicate message(s) skipped.

Thx! I'll add some checks to prevent this...

Ok, new beta is out, should be fixed...

Edited by f4l0

Yeah, I saw something like this too. But not that much I can do, seems like a hardware problem... I asked the devs at Realtus but I'm still waiting...

On my side the continuous effects stop if they should... Anyone else having this issues?

Hardware problem as in defective motor? (The fact it is the same motor each time during the test makes me think so...). If there is no software fix planned/possible for this please just say so I can contact Realteus and either get a replacement or refund.

Hardware problem as in defective motor? (The fact it is the same motor each time during the test makes me think so...). If there is no software fix planned/possible for this please just say so I can contact Realteus and either get a replacement or refund.

What exactly is your issue? I got a bit lost in all the messages :)

What exactly is your issue? I got a bit lost in all the messages :)

Apologies for the confusion - My issue is that the seat gets ‘stuck’ in that continuous effects often don’t stop.

So say I pop out my speed brake in an f18. The seat vibrates. I put the speed brake away and the seat continues to vibrate - and because it is doing so - no other effects will play (like weapon release, gear, flaps, touch down etc)

If it is doing that because of a hardware fault and not due to the ongoing software implementation that you needed more information form Realteus to solve I need to return it. No one else I have seen have reported it, I just got a little confused as you said you had raised it with Realteus which would not be needed if it was a hardware fault.

Edited by Arctander

that's correct

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Thank you very much :-)

get ready for a nice time, the other night I loaded up the jog with as much mavericks as I could just for the sake of shooting them lol

i5 8400 | 32 Gb RAM | RTX 2080Ti | Virpil Mongoose T-50 base w/ Warthog & Hornet sticks | Warthog throttle | Cougar throttle USB | DIY Collective | Virpil desk mount | VKB T-Rudder Mk IV | Oculus Rift S | Buddy-Fox A-10 UFC | 3x TM MFDs | 2x bass shakers pedal plate| SIMple SIMpit chair | WinWing TakeOff panel | PointCTRL v2 | Andre JetSeat | Winwing Hornet UFC | Winwing Viper ICP

FC3 - Warthog - F-5E - Harrier - NTTR - Hornet - Tomcat - Huey - Viper - C-101 - PG - Hip - SuperCarrier - Syria - Warthog II - Hind - South Atlantic - Sinai - Strike Eagle

Ok, new beta is out

With the new beta, my ForceFeel doesn't get recognised when SSA launches upon DCS launch. In order to get it to work, I have to exit the programme and restart it several times. Then it works as it should...

I never had the continuous vibrations (with the F-14) so that's a non-issue for me personally.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Hi All,

Maybe a silly question.

Do I need to install both the SSWings Setup.exe I got from Realteus and this beta SW,

or is the beta SimShaker for aviators all I need to install ?

One more thing...

Do I need the "Forcefeel control center" from Realteus to be installed ?

No you don’t. And in fact if you run it before running SSA I understand that it can stop SSA from ‘talking’ to the Forcefeel.