**Bunyap Pre-Alpha Video - F-14 Carrier & More!**

Cobra847

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Indeed, I've, for now, just linked the tow bar animation to the gear.

The entire gear in the video is actually a placeholder, we've completely redone the gear a few months ago to fix some structural issues. Hopefully we can show that off soon!

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

I also noted in the video that not only did the compression of the nose wheel from the external view look good. When it switched to cockpit view that looked spot on as well. The way the jet rocks as it grinds to a sudden halt looked pretty damn close to onboard footage of carrier traps that ive seen. Very happy.......

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Yeah! That's going to be incredible in VR!

make sure you smack your fore head on the desk for optimal effect.

• Like 1

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Haha, and make a video of it. That would go viral. :D

I'll have my brother kick the back of my chair.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

^^^^You know, the finger.

Mapped to button 3 on my TM Warthog. :)

• Like 1

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

• 1 month later...

Hey guys, any thoughts about the scort classes for the CV ? If we have in mind the era, mid 80s , perhaps a Belknap CG would be cool alongside with a Knox frigate or FFG7 O.H.P .

Would be fantastic if you could recreate a full Carrier Battle Group anyway.

Hey guys, any thoughts about the scort classes for the CV ? If we have in mind the era, mid 80s , perhaps a Belknap CG would be cool alongside with a Knox frigate or FFG7 O.H.P .

Would be fantastic if you could recreate a full Carrier Battle Group anyway.

1427720434611863845.jpg

I think that flushing out a reasonably complete BattleGroup is likely between the Tomcat and Hornet projects.

Luckily, we do have an Aegis Cruiser and Perry class FFG - which is a good start. The Aegis cruiser is VLS equipped, the first of which deployed in 1987 (to the Strait of Hormuz actually...) with Battle Group Echo as seen in this photo (USS Bunker Hill). It might be helpful to also add a non-VLS Aegis cruiser as it would give more flexibility for creating Battle Groups on the mid-80s.

Also, at least one destroyer would be great. I vote for Spruance class given how common they were during the late-Cold War in the USN.

Support ships will hopefully come along as well, but I'm thinking some of these will be created for Hornet as well.

Lastly, some aircraft AI is really necessary for a mid-80s Tomcat - namely the A-6E/KA-6D. That aircraft, especially in Tanker form, was a central partner in Tomcat operations till the Intruder's retirement in 1995. I pretty sure that LNS realizes this (the other Tomcat module for a 3-letter sim(s) even chose to include it). The EA-6B is also pretty important as it provided SEAD support (especially for USS Ranger which lacked HARM equipped A-7s and whose A-6s weren't HARM equipped till ~1990) along with a source of HVAP missions for Tomcats.

I suspect that if LNS is taking the time to create a Forrestal class carrier, they are also aware of these other AI needs. Fortunately, a couple of ships and two aircraft that are pretty similar (A-6E and EA-6B - could possibly share an SFM?) would get us most of what we need (plus backdating the E-2 in sim - I don't think there is much to change).

In any case, there certainly is hope for something similar to what you described. We'll probably learn more during the spring or summer of 2017 from what has been said.

-Nick

is there any other f-14 coming?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5